Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Heaven und Hell
Posted 2005-08-08, 08:08 PM
What's your views on Heaven and Hell? Do you believe one exists but the other doesn't? Do you believe in reincarnation and enlightnment? Etc.

As a deist, I'm free to be creative with my "religious ideals", such as Heaven and Hell.

I have a bit of a Dante's Inferno hell mixed with the Chinese belief of hell (with there being 10 kings to each relm) while Heaven is a bit more enlightenment with no reincarnation and eternal joy (heaven of Judeo-Christian beliefs mixed with Buddhism/Hinduism). I also have a belief that Earth is purgatory. Not truly serious about it in thought, but I used to believe along these lines.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2005-08-08, 08:14 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "Heaven und Hell"
<-- Atheist

I do not believe in spirits or spirituality at all.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-08-08, 08:37 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "Heaven und Hell"
Atheist as well.

I can't explain the sudden creation of the universe or life within, but since I can't explain it I don't make up some fairy tale. Which is basically how I view Heaven & Hell. It's almost like when you were a kid and told stories about Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy to make you feel better. The afterlife is a fictional idea created by man because of his natural fear of death.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2005-08-08, 08:57 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "Atheist as well. I can't explain..."
Agnostic. Heaven and hell are possible, but then so is Space Jam. I don't think they exist (either of them), I don't believe in reincarnation, or anything like it, but I won't say it's completely impossible. Just very unlikely, imo.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-08-08, 09:40 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Agnostic. Heaven and hell are possible,..."
I am spiritual... I see no reason not to. I mean think about it... If you are athiest and there is an afterlife... You are pretty much fucked. I used to be agnostic but I have proof enough personally that there is someone watching over us. So heaven and hell isnt so far fetched to me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2005-08-08, 10:16 PM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "I am spiritual... I see no reason not..."
So what you're saying is you're not really a christian, but you believe in a heaven and hell just in case. I was a christian for a long time, you'll go to hell anyways if you believe that way.

Mjordan, it's not that it's not possible. A lot of things are possible. Magic is possible, Psychics are possible, it's possible that in 2 seconds a monkey will crawl out of pr0xy's ass, but it's also not very likely or logical. You sound like the philospher who can't make up his mind. If everything you've seen and heard has followed a scientific pattern all your life, why would you still think there is magic? Of course if I see some super miracle(and I don't mean natural things that people claim are miracles), like the apocalypse bible-style, then I'll obviously change my views, but I don't justify that 0.001% of that happening to me being agnostic.

Atheist as always.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2005-08-08, 11:48 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "So what you're saying is you're not..."
All fags go to hell.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2005-08-08, 11:55 PM in reply to badboy's post starting "All fags go to hell."
badboy said:
All fags go to hell.
True, true
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

S2 AM

Posted 2005-08-09, 12:24 AM in reply to KagomJack's post "Heaven und Hell"
This should be in Life After Death Discussion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-08-09, 12:33 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "This should be in Life After Death..."
But it could also fall under the General Conversation Forum.

Think about THAT.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

S2 AM

Posted 2005-08-09, 12:39 AM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "But it could also fall under the..."
I can't think, I'm Catholic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-08-09, 01:14 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "I can't think, I'm Catholic."
Where's the Bible, I gotta take a shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-08-09, 01:17 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Agnostic. Heaven and hell are possible,..."
mjordan2nd said:
Agnostic. Heaven and hell are possible, but then so is Space Jam.

Haha nice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2005-08-09, 01:43 AM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "So what you're saying is you're not..."
Um... I never said I was christian number 1. I also never said I believed "Just in case" you cant believe "just incase" and have it mean anything. You have to devote your heart and soul to jesus christ and the lord above.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2005-08-09, 03:49 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Um... I never said I was christian..."
pr0xy said:
I am spiritual... I see no reason not to. I mean think about it... If you are athiest and there is an afterlife... You are pretty much fucked. I used to be agnostic but I have proof enough personally that there is someone watching over us. So heaven and hell isnt so far fetched to me.
pr0xy said:
Um... I never said I was christian number 1. I also never said I believed "Just in case" you cant believe "just incase" and have it mean anything. You have to devote your heart and soul to jesus christ and the lord above.

Well I just go by what you post, that's really the only thing you can go by on a message board, right? You said in your first post that you are only religious because you see no reason not to be. You said Heaven and Hell isn't so far fetched to you, and that [what it seemed from context] the only reason you weren't an atheist because if you were then you'd be screwed. Then in your next post you say that you have to devote your heart and soul to Jesus Christ. Make up your mind; I think you just fear Hell. In any case, you're a contradictory and fraudulent person and obviously need to come to terms with yourself and your own beliefs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

S2 AM

Posted 2005-08-09, 06:05 AM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "Well I just go by what you post, that's..."
I'm an Atheist.

I don't think Life after Death is possible...but if one or the other existed, then it'd be Hell.

Btw, don't Agnostics go to The Great Perhaps after death?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-09, 06:13 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'm an Atheist. I don't think Life..."
I agree with the bible has to say, I just hate church, and the people that go to it. You can't just ignore the bible because you are atheist, it has alot of good things to base your life off of. ( not saying anyone ignores it, but I'm sure someone does ) And if not going to church is going to land me in hell, even though I believe in what is good, then God is a douche.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2005-08-09, 06:25 AM in reply to badboy's post starting "I agree with the bible has to say, I..."
An interesting fact.

There are so many religions or religious sects etc. that say "If you don't believe in our God then you go straight to Hell" that everyone should go straight to Hell therefore meaning Heaven is not needed.

Which is why I said if one or the other exists then it has to be Hell...among other reasons.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-09, 10:48 AM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "So what you're saying is you're not..."
S2 AM said:
Mjordan, it's not that it's not possible. A lot of things are possible. Magic is possible, Psychics are possible, it's possible that in 2 seconds a monkey will crawl out of pr0xy's ass, but it's also not very likely or logical. You sound like the philospher who can't make up his mind. If everything you've seen and heard has followed a scientific pattern all your life, why would you still think there is magic? Of course if I see some super miracle(and I don't mean natural things that people claim are miracles), like the apocalypse bible-style, then I'll obviously change my views, but I don't justify that 0.001% of that happening to me being agnostic.
No. Magic is not possible. The word magic itself insinuates fantasy. But there are most certainly events that have happend throughout the universe that human's can't explain, and perhaps never will explain, and I'm not talking about poltergiests or anything like that, I'm talking about the simple creation of the universe and everything in it. We take the universe for granted for the better part of our day; we never wonder about it. But if you think about it, science simply doesn't have a logical explanation for the creation of the universe, as for many other things. Sure, the big bang theory is the most likely, but that doesn't mean that I'm gonig to believe in that wholeheartedly. You have to be just as adamant to believe that as to believe the explanation for creation that any foolhardy religion gives you.

Physics is certainly possible. In fact, you can take physics word for word. Until you get to near-light speed, or at a quantum level. Then our whole basis for physics is shaken. Also, it is impossible for a monkey to come out of proxy's ass in two seconds, unless of course a monkey was recently shoved up proxy's ass, and proxy has died of internal hemorrhaging.

I used to think I was an atheist. Then I realized that I was not. I was in fact agnostic. Leaning towards atheism, perhaps, but I'm not an atheist. The dictionary describes an atheist as one who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods. Now if you think about this scientfically, one of the most primitive and basic yet indubitable laws of science is that something can not be made out of nothing, ergo, the universe simply can not just be. Following that law, one would have to believe that some power must have put it there -- god. Now, I'm not saying that's definite, but that is one scientific approach as to theorizing the existence of god. I, personally don't believe it. I also don't deny it. Believing it would be simply accepting what you've been told, and denying it would be your rebellion against contemporary views. Both views are influenced strongly by emotion. Atheism requires just as much hardheadedness as devoting yourself solely to a religion. Unless I learn something definite, the answer to whether god exists is a "I don't know," not a yes or no.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-08-09, 11:12 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "No. Magic is not possible. The word..."
I believe that a good percentage of 'people of faith' only consider themselves that because of fear to admit that they don't believe. But deep down they don't believe.

I was afraid to admit I didnt believe in god for years and years, then one day I met some people that didn't believe either, and now I'm proud to share my beliefs.

I don't frown upon Christians, or Agnostics, or any other religions, I wouldn't begin to ever ever tell someone they should believe what they believe, and I FUCKING hate when christians tell me I'm gonna go to hell because I dont believe in god, what a joke

I don't believe in hell you whore, your words have no meaning to me

[/vent]

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome