Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

View Poll Results: Should there be console specific games?
Yes 4 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Should there be console specific games?
Posted 2005-02-03, 07:00 AM
Well, what do you think? I decided to post a new thread to not muck up SYG's thread. If you do vote, at least explain your reasoning.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2005-02-03, 08:55 AM in reply to pr0xy's post "Should there be console specific games?"
Of course, when a game maker makes a console specific game, they can optimize it for that console, and features that console has such as harddrives, or custom soundtracks, or online, or eye camera's, they can take advantage of those unique features.
When they make multiplatform games they cant usually use any features for the game that is unique to one system, and if they do then one consoles getting an 'A' version and the other console is getting a 'B-' version if you know what I mean.
Now there are certain genre's of games I think should always be multiconsole such as sports and fighting games and racing games. I think roleplaying games and shooters and platformers should stay on one console.

I cant think of anymore to say, I just got off work and I am tired as fizuck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-02-03, 11:21 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Of course, when a game maker makes a..."
I agree with some of what you say. It's allways nice to have a game optimized for the specific system. And I also now see how important it is for the console market to stay a live by competition. However, what about those who can only afford one console? And the game they wanted to play has just been signed as an exclusive for another system? And what if a game is signed as an exclusive for a system that was not designed to your liking? I just really think it sucks that some games are exclusive to one system. Especially if you don't have that system.

I guess my views on the situation have changed. I guess its a good thing that developers do this. Even though I may not like it personally. I can see the advantages outweight the disadvanteges in some cases.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2005-02-03, 11:39 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "I agree with some of what you say. It's..."
One solution would be to get a job, even a crappy fast food place (some of you remember I used to work at Taco Bell before the US Army lol)
Ive owned almost every 90's system except gamecube, because their controllers ARE too small for me. I cannot play Soul Calibur on that controller, my fingers regularly hit the wrong buttons or more then one button. Of course there are games I wish I could play that are on gamecube, but Im not gonna be greedy Ill stick with the games I have.

Think of it this way, even the most dedicated reader in the world cannot read every good book. Same thing with video games espically since the late 90's and up, because the market has become soo large.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-02-03, 12:54 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "One solution would be to get a job,..."
True... But this thread isn't about my money situation (5 apps to mcdonalds... mc donalds for gods sake) Where is everyone else? Don't just vote. Discuss.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

pr0xy

Posted 2005-02-03, 10:38 PM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "True... But this thread isn't about my..."
Seriously, pr0xy, not being able to afford a console isn't even a concern at this point. You could get a minimum-wage job and work for a week and afford a new Gamecube or XBox, they're so cheap these days.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-02-04, 06:17 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Seriously, pr0xy, not being able to..."
Like I said this isn't about my money situation =/ You were active on this matter in syg's thread. What do you have to say about it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

pr0xy