Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

I have come to the conclusion...
Posted 2004-11-08, 06:00 AM
...that this is my absolute favorite time of the year. Why? There are several reasons.

1) This is the off-season. Currently, the hotel I work in has a grand total of 16 occupied rooms. I have spoken to no one besides the on-shift employee that was here when I arrived, and I doubt I'll speak to anyone until the morning manager arrives at 7:00. The reports I have to do every night took me 30 minutes tonight, because there was barely anything to do. No inane questions, usually one or fewer check-ins/check-outs, no retarded gopher requests and no phone calls. Complete and absolute solitude.

2) This is not the summer. I have come to loathe the summer for two prime reasons. First, the heat. It's just gotten to the point where 95 degree weather bothers me. It's from living in a mountain town for 6 years. Second, and more importantly, the insects. I abhor insects. This past summer was the absolute worst. I was assaulted six or seven times in a single week by wasps, I was constantly having to chase down flies and giant mosquitoes in both my house and the hotel office and I was constantly itching due to bites of various kinds. I love this time of year because I have to deal with neither of those two irritations.

3) This is not the winter. I hate the winter also for two prime reasons. First, the cold. I grew up in Texas, I am not acclimated to negative 15 degrees at night, even after living in this town for six years. I am built very small, and have very little natural insulation from the harsh cold. I hate it. Second, the snow. It's a nuisance. Driving in it is miserable, walking through it is an ungodly slow process and it doesn't completely melt until May. Snow is just more of a bother than a target of absolute hatred, though. I like it when the snow is actually falling, but I hate it when the sky is completely devoid of clouds and there's a four-foot wall of snow piled up at the end of my driveway, blocking my car in.

4) Thanksgiving. This holiday has become my favorite of the bunch. As a child, I favored Christmas, because it meant free shit. Now, I genuinely look forward to Thanksgiving dinner substantially more than a free pair of boxers and a check. One could argue that Christmas dinner is basically the same as Thanksgiving, but oh how wrong you'd be! My mom doesn't make pumpkin roll for Christmas dinner, no matter how many fucking times I demand that she produce one! On top of that, for some reason, Thanksgiving always yields far more leftovers than Christmas does.

5) This one is the clincher. Prime videogame season. October and November are the two most tightly-packed videogame months out of the entire year. It's when all the big-gun software and new hardware comes out. This November, my savings is going to take a massive hit between the five or six more console games I have to purchase in addition to the Nintendo DS and at least one game upon launch. This is the absolute best season for new games, and I await it rabidly every year.

So, there you have it. My comprehensive list of reasons why November and, to a lesser extent, October are my favorite months out of the year. Good day.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-11-08, 06:29 AM in reply to Raziel's post "I have come to the conclusion..."
does the manager let you to like bring your gameboy advance or something to play while your bored?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-11-08, 06:48 AM in reply to iceman887's post starting "does the manager let you to like bring..."
I bring my GBA with me to work every night. Plus, my only online access is at work, so that's when I'm on the forums.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-11-08, 07:14 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I bring my GBA with me to work every..."
dont forget, my birthday is in November. Gotta add that to your list
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mydogisyourdog

Posted 2004-11-08, 09:01 AM in reply to Raziel's post "I have come to the conclusion..."
Thanksgiving owns. kthx

I can picture you running from hordes of wasps. Look at Razzy Run! Razzy Runs real 'R'well from the ravenous wasps!!

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2004-11-08, 12:04 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post starting "Thanksgiving owns. kthx I can..."
i hate bees
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-11-08, 05:36 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "i hate bees"
I prefer this time of year and mid april-ish. I love the rain that hits during the spring, and the temperature is just perfect.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SurrealWaking is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSurrealWaking is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SurrealWaking

Posted 2004-11-08, 05:50 PM in reply to SurrealWaking's post starting "I prefer this time of year and mid..."
If you live in a mountain town, do you get alot of skiiers in the winter?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2004-11-08, 06:18 PM in reply to platnum's post starting "If you live in a mountain town, do you..."
geez thats awesome, how much do you get paid for your job

Last edited by iceman887; 2004-11-08 at 06:22 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-11-08, 11:34 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post starting "Thanksgiving owns. kthx I can..."
DaFrigginDoctah said:
I can picture you running from hordes of wasps. Look at Razzy Run! Razzy Runs real 'R'well from the ravenous wasps!!
I wasn't fleeing from swarms of wasps. I was assaulted in close quarters by a single wasp every day for a week. Three times in my car (one of those while driving), once in my bedroom (while I was asleep; I was awoken by the tickling of it's vile wings above my fucking mouth) and three or four times in the hotel office.

platnum said:
If you live in a mountain town, do you get alot of skiiers in the winter?
Yes, but they don't normally start showing up until halfway through December or later.

iceman said:
geez thats awesome, how much do you get paid for your job
$10 per hour, with five and a half hours of automatic overtime on every check.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-11-09, 12:06 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I wasn't fleeing from swarms of wasps. ..."
I've been stung in the chest 32 times at the same time by wasps.

Suxo

Raziel, what hotel do you work at/city?

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-11-09, 12:22 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "I've been stung in the chest 32 times..."
Wow, Chrome, that sucks ass. What caused that one?

Why do you ask? You planning on taking a ski vacation?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-11-09, 07:07 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "I've been stung in the chest 32 times..."
Adrenachrome said:
I've been stung in the chest 32 times at the same time by wasps.
Same here; maybe not 32 times but close to it. I was climbing a tree in Arizona and I ran my head right into a huge ass wasp nest. They didn't like that at all. I really had no clue what the fuck was going on. I looked down my shirt and I saw about 15 wasps swirling around stinging me. Man, fun times.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-11-09, 09:36 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I wasn't fleeing from swarms of wasps. ..."
Dont interrupt my imagination.

... RUN RAZZY RUN!!!

But yeah... Spiders are definately worse. I had one hanging from it's fucking ass-string while I was driving in my car... TWO INCHES FROM MY DAMN FACE. Why do such putrid creatures exist? I damn near crashed my car, took a left, since I was in the fast lane, and fleed the infested vehicle, and had my black lesbian friend dispose of the disgusting thing. *shudders*

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2004-11-09, 09:51 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Wow, Chrome, that sucks ass. What..."
Raziel said:
Wow, Chrome, that sucks ass. What caused that one?

Why do you ask? You planning on taking a ski vacation?
I was installing windows, and didn't notice the nest amongst the old window remains when I scooped them up and got toasted.

Nah just tryin to get a grip on the enviornment where you are so I can associate it with your attitude and compare it to my own town.

If that makes sense.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-11-09, 11:08 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "I was installing windows, and didn't..."
In other words you are stalking Raziel and you will eventually find him and ass rape him while he is at work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-11-09, 07:28 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "In other words you are stalking Raziel..."
That's basically what I gathered. I never knew Chrome..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-11-09, 10:44 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "I was installing windows, and didn't..."
Adrenachrome said:
I was installing windows, and didn't notice the nest amongst the old window remains when I scooped them up and got toasted.
For a second there, I said to myself "Wait, what? How did a wasp nest get into his PC?"

Quote:
Nah just tryin to get a grip on the enviornment where you are so I can associate it with your attitude and compare it to my own town.
I can tell you that I live in the only ski resort in all of Wyoming, and that I work for a privately owned local chain of inns.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-11-10, 09:55 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "For a second there, I said to myself..."
That narrows it down a bit.

Reading all of this I'm thinking to myself 'Thank God you don't get wasps in Winter.'

I seem to remember one of my old friends strangely attracted wasps. When the stung him, it was always in crazy places. His eardrum, inside his throat. Up his nose. Hmm.

Never been stung...yet. Lucky me.

----------

I've read the conclusion, but Raz, why November? It gets colder by the day. And by the end, it snows like no-ones business, or at least, it used to.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2004-11-10, 10:54 AM in reply to SurrealWaking's post starting "I prefer this time of year and mid..."
SurrealWaking said:
I prefer this time of year and mid april-ish. I love the rain that hits during the spring, and the temperature is just perfect.
i go with you, for me thats the best compu-weather... where do you live ???? anyways, i live in Belgium.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dr. Geekstar