Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Bows
Posted 2004-10-28, 06:21 PM
Well as people might have guessed, while I'm working on my latest paladin I'm thinking about the amazon I'll be building after that (or when he starts slowing down in level at least). My last Zon used Titans so this time I really want to make a bowazon...or maybe a java-bow hybrid like in Endurak's guide...maybe..still leaning to a pure bowazon of some sort though right now.

But before I decide on exact build Im looking at 3 bows right now (other suggestions are welcome as well)

Windforce: Duh the old standby. Mana steal, knockback, stat bonus, nice but inconsistent damage

Upped Witchwild: Deadly strike, Amp Damage, Good avg damage but less potential than WF (probably made up for by the DS and Amp), 2 sockets (potential), faster than WF i think

Upped Lycander's: +2 skills, +2 bow skills, manasteal, defense, dex, decent damage, same speed as WF

I know most say Windforce without thinking but aren't the upped versions of the second two fairly solid (especially if im crafting gloves with knockback or am getting it another way)? Or is there something I'm missing with windforce?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DamonGalos

Posted 2004-10-28, 06:23 PM in reply to DamonGalos's post "Bows"
Go with a Botd or an .08 wf socketed with a 40/15 if you can.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-10-28, 06:25 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Go with a Botd or an .08 wf socketed..."
I thought that bowa's used cruel matriarch's of evisceration (something like that) and socketed them with 2x40/15. I think, i don't exactly know.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wilma

Posted 2004-10-28, 06:31 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Go with a Botd or an .08 wf socketed..."
MightyJoe said:
Go with a Botd or an .08 wf socketed with a 40/15 if you can.
Ah forgot to mention I know most play NL SC but I play virtually exclusively ladder just because I've always liked toying with all the new ladder only stuff that comes out from time to time ("Where does he get those wonderful toys?"-The Joker). So this is for UsEast SC Ladder. No .08 stuff here obviously.

BotD I don't think is going to give me the bang for the buck as far as putting it into a bow. It always seemed with its mods more of a melee weapon (that and the amusing poison nova originates from you and not the monster you hit....a waste along with that indestructable mod for a bow)

But....its an option to consider.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DamonGalos

Posted 2004-10-28, 06:35 PM in reply to wilma's post starting "I thought that bowa's used cruel..."
wilma said:
I thought that bowa's used cruel matriarch's of evisceration (something like that) and socketed them with 2x40/15. I think, i don't exactly know.
I don't know either which is why I'm asking 40/15s aren't commonplace as far as being traded goes on L East (most use them when they get them it seems) and when I do see one (or a 39/15 or something) its usually going for something ridiculous and more than it should be worth, so I prefer to stay away from them if I can.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DamonGalos

Posted 2004-10-28, 06:36 PM in reply to DamonGalos's post starting "Ah forgot to mention I know most play..."
If you really want something strong and can hit that 7fpa, go with hand of justice mat bow with +3 bow skills.
The dmg might seem low, but the speed is just insane
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GEEkZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGEEkZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GEEkZ

Posted 2004-10-28, 09:35 PM in reply to DamonGalos's post "Bows"
This really depends on how rich you are and what you can trade for. Of course the Wf is nice, but in lower levels I found a Goldstrike to be the bow of choice: good speed and with a Perfect Skull dual leech and very easy to obtain. I don't know if this can be upped or not. Lycander's is good as well for levels under 60 - good mods and can be used at level 42. My BOTD is not nearly as good as the Wf for most work but it is fun to use in a camp of demons in Act One or so.

The bowazon is a tough road to go these days.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Princess_Hibed is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPrincess_Hibed is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Princess_Hibed

Posted 2004-10-28, 09:39 PM in reply to Princess_Hibed's post starting "This really depends on how rich you are..."
My zon uses um'd .08 wf. 160/60 ias wif 98 life, 120/45, and some other gear. Very VERY few times have I lost to another bowa. I'm pretty sure that at least a few of them were using the bows you listed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-10-28, 09:42 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "My zon uses um'd .08 wf. 160/60 ias wif..."
my hammerdin pk'd u b4 u starting using aa
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2004-10-29, 12:07 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "My zon uses um'd .08 wf. 160/60 ias wif..."
Sovereign said:
My zon uses um'd .08 wf. 160/60 ias wif 98 life, 120/45, and some other gear. Very VERY few times have I lost to another bowa. I'm pretty sure that at least a few of them were using the bows you listed.

The problem is I cant get a .08 wf on Ladder. An umed wf I can do but I forget the difference in stats between 1.10 and .08 for the wf.

As far as wealth goes no worries there. By the time Ive gotten around to leveling the amazon (keep in mind Im still leveling my paladin first) I'll probably have the endgame gear already for it. Usually I begin to compose it while Im working on the character before it.

I'll take a look at some of the builds out there and see what I can come up with after some tinkering with them and post what I'm thinking then. In the meantime, feel free to post more opinions especially if you've had recent experience.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DamonGalos

Posted 2004-10-29, 12:10 AM in reply to DamonGalos's post starting "The problem is I cant get a .08 wf on..."
The diff between .08 and .09+ wf is that the .08 wf has 30 more dext (resulting in 30 more edmg). The um was just a personal pref btw. 25 chance of open wounds = G_G for me. (Zons a sniper)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign