Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Please help
Posted 2004-03-20, 06:24 AM
Hey alright i have a problem my cd messed up last night when i was trying to get on d2 and i refuse to buy a new one basically so i downloaded the d2loader and well lets just say i am not great at understanding computer talk and stuff so if anyone could give me in lamen terms how to get it to work i would be very thankful....maybe meet me on msn sometime and give me a step by step thing..? i dunno any help would be great because i really dont want to buy a new cd drive and i really dont want to quit ither. So yea holla at me
I dont know what all this program can do but all i want to do is load it without the cd and umm yea

Last edited by Mr_Excitment; 2004-03-20 at 06:27 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr_Excitment is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr_Excitment is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr_Excitment

Posted 2004-03-20, 01:05 PM in reply to Mr_Excitment's post "Please help"
OK. This is basically what you need to do.
  1. Rename your old Diablo II.exe to something else (Example: Old D2.exe)
  2. Unzip contents of D2Loader to Diablo II folder (Example: C:\Program Files\Diablo II)
  3. Open the Readme.txt. Inside of that, it tells you *4* files you need to copy from your CDs to your Diablo II directory. I believe it is D2Music.mpq, D2Video.mpq, D2xMusic.mpq, D2xSpeech.mpq (Not sure, I do not have Loader on this PC).
  4. Make sure you use the new Diablo II icon (should be labelled Diablo II.exe) to open Diablo, and you won't need the CD.

That should be about it, really. It's all in the readme.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-20, 03:45 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "OK. This is basically what you need to..."
Ok cool problem is though my cd drive wont read my cd anymore i dont think....my cd drive light blinks like lits loading it but stayss blinking for a while then finally the light just shuts off but my cpu doesn't read the cd or any cd for that matter...anyone know the problem there?

I could probably just go to my friends and copy the files to a floppy disk to get them on my computer if they are small enough..

Last edited by Mr_Excitment; 2004-03-20 at 03:51 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr_Excitment is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr_Excitment is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr_Excitment

Posted 2004-03-20, 04:09 PM in reply to Mr_Excitment's post starting "Ok cool problem is though my cd drive..."
The two files on the LoD disk I believe together are around 150 MB... That's what? 150 Floppys? And this isn't mentioning the other files not on the LoD disk..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Squirt is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSquirt is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Squirt

Posted 2004-03-20, 05:33 PM in reply to Squirt's post starting "The two files on the LoD disk I believe..."
Moot point. If his computer isn't reading the CD, he's screwed, unless he can find the files needed on a FTP server or something.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-20, 11:35 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Moot point. If his computer isn't..."
hmm maybe ill try that old cd drive of mine i cant remember if i took it out cause it was slow or it broke....ill see
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mr_Excitment

Posted 2004-03-21, 11:37 AM in reply to Mr_Excitment's post starting "hmm maybe ill try that old cd drive of..."
Clean your CD and your CD-ROM lens before replacing it, it's fixed about 75% of my CD-ROM problems.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-21, 01:58 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Clean your CD and your CD-ROM lens..."
i have a cd rom problem too...d2 ocassionally spins my cd for some reason, and recently its been sounding really ugly and pausing for longer, any idea why this is?
Nemo me impune lacessit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Maleficus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMaleficus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Maleficus

Posted 2004-03-21, 03:40 PM in reply to Maleficus's post starting "i have a cd rom problem too...d2..."
how do i clean the lense? take it out of the cpu and open it up? ive never done it b4

Also i have those files music.mpq and etc...i have the game already installed on my computer its just my cdrom wont read the cds no more....and i followed all the instructions and it seems like its gonna load and it sorta does but it never really boots up so yea not a total faliure but i cant get on still which is still my main objective...so i have no idea whats up (edit i took the face off the cd drive and blew it out...nothing happened really.

Last edited by Mr_Excitment; 2004-03-21 at 04:27 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mr_Excitment

Posted 2004-03-21, 05:50 PM in reply to Mr_Excitment's post starting "how do i clean the lense? take it out..."
You can purchase a CD-ROM lens cleaner at most electronics stores...

All it consists of is a CD with a little brush on it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-21, 05:56 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "You can purchase a CD-ROM lens cleaner..."
actually this happened to me a couple days ago.. i just wanna make sure it's the same problem.. when you go to my computer does it not show you have a d: drive?? if not what i did was did a system roll back to a week or so before... and reboot when i came back my d: drive was back!! might wanna try that
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
CrEEpR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCrEEpR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

CrEEpR

Posted 2004-03-21, 07:18 PM in reply to CrEEpR's post starting "actually this happened to me a couple..."
I use CD Clone to make copys of all my games and save the original copy in a safe spot.. . so if my disk im using gets fucked I can just burn another one.... I hate using the orig disk on shit like this...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Squirt is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSquirt is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Squirt

Posted 2004-03-23, 01:39 PM in reply to Squirt's post starting "I use CD Clone to make copys of all my..."
okie. umm o yea i replaced my cd drive with my older one and it works fine....but where can i get cd clone ill get my friend to download it and copy d2 cause i dont have a cd burner

Last edited by Mr_Excitment; 2004-03-23 at 01:45 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mr_Excitment

Posted 2004-03-23, 02:53 PM in reply to Mr_Excitment's post starting "okie. umm o yea i replaced my cd drive..."
Search for it...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-23, 04:00 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Search for it..."
WOW thats a great idea i have never thought of that :O ....lol yea well ok i will but i was lazy
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mr_Excitment

Posted 2004-03-23, 04:58 PM in reply to Mr_Excitment's post starting "WOW thats a great idea i have never..."
For the most part, other people are lazy too, and have much less motivation to look for it than you do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker