Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

elite socketing gris set!
Posted 2004-01-11, 08:35 AM
hi!

i start to socket my gris set, ladder

the weapon allreaddy got a jah, a sur for blinding follows.

then i think a mal rune against monster regeneration, ...

but what should i socket into the 6 left sockets?

the shild could get a cham, or? (then i can get off ravenfrost and wear buls or another ring)

i got max fps, would need +120ias for next frame lvl, so only dmg and safety stuff remains.

my paly got 9xx life only, defense is quite ok, i get hit with 20%.

dmg=4,5+k with mercy (zeal-fana)

well, anyone could gimme some hints, makin the pala even better with the gris set?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
celaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencelaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

celaron

Posted 2004-01-12, 03:50 AM in reply to celaron's post "elite socketing gris set!"
cham and maybe a ed socketab;e item in weapon
um in sheild
don't know about armor
"Every harem has its eunuch" - Ridicule
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sheerx

Posted 2004-01-12, 07:21 AM in reply to celaron's post "elite socketing gris set!"
i think 14xxed with fana and zeal is enough

i prefer maxdmg juwels, maybe with dmg to mana? or other stuff..

cham doesnt freeze coldimunes??? and there are sooo many of them, that's why I take a sur?

pls more help!!!!
Sovereign said:
If you ask me, trying to figure out what the fuck people are saying in the D2 Forums is half the fun .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
celaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencelaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

celaron

Posted 2004-01-12, 09:39 AM in reply to celaron's post "elite socketing gris set!"
Well, if you have 4 fps Zeal with Fanat, then damage and defense are really all that is needed, or so I'd think. I wouldn't use a Cham, since Raven gives you Dex for block and AR, which is crucial now. I'd say all ED jewels and 3 Puls in you upgraded armor to stack your defense... This could be totally stupid on my part, but its just something off the top of my head I can think of... Only other thing would be Ums in the shield if your Resists aren't too good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-13, 07:31 AM in reply to celaron's post "elite socketing gris set!"
i got 5 fps (for 4 fps i would need 120ias, thats too much, and 5 is fast enough!!!)

resis are ok... i'll post a screeny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg palahlppls.jpg (238.5 KB, 72 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

celaron

Posted 2004-01-13, 08:49 AM in reply to celaron's post "elite socketing gris set!"
What is your other gear. I still don't think 120 more IAS would be out of the question.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-13, 04:45 PM in reply to celaron's post "elite socketing gris set!"
120 ias can't really hurt you...
You shouldn't have PvM'd your weapon

40/15ias + 40/15ias + 40/15ias + Um would work well (what i use)

2x 40/15max in helm

3x 40/15max in armor

3x 40/15max in shield

Raven for cannot be frozen, random other ring (clan-honor rules)

Bloodfists, crafted 20 ias 10 cb gloves

upgraded gores

10x 100+ ar/ 10 max grand charms

1 anus charm

9 3/20/5 frw/fhr, whatever you need
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-01-13, 05:23 PM in reply to celaron's post "elite socketing gris set!"
That is definitely the most expensive setup for Ladder SC ever... I was going for something more realistic to most players, but hey, he DID ask for the best.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-13, 05:40 PM in reply to celaron's post "elite socketing gris set!"
Nah, it's not TOO hard to get, but, 40/15 and perfect stat charms, are hard to get.

I have a 35 and 32, 15 ias jewel.

Socketed in my 235% 4 socket gris scepter
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-01-14, 03:28 AM in reply to celaron's post "elite socketing gris set!"
ias is out of discussion, because maxdmg takes more advantage!

sc's are impossible to get!!!!

i got some 3x1...

well but what should i sock into the weapon?

a jah is inside, I think about a sur (cham doesnt work on ice imun,, so sur is better! and cheaper gg) then a mal against monsterheal...
Sovereign said:
If you ask me, trying to figure out what the fuck people are saying in the D2 Forums is half the fun .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

celaron

Posted 2004-01-14, 08:31 AM in reply to celaron's post "elite socketing gris set!"
Ummm, you don't want to waste prevent monster heal in a wep...

BTW, Gris caddy can have 4!! sockets now..

If your going PVM, Um Lo Lo 40/15 max, if your going PVP, Um 40/15max 40/15max 40/15 max
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-01-14, 10:42 AM in reply to celaron's post "elite socketing gris set!"
YEAH IT GOT 4 SOX

i got a selffound lo , but this is only 20% whatever (dunno what this do exactly)
but why is LO su good? pls explain it shortly...

40/15 is bit too expansive, and I can put a 40/15 into the helmet or into the shild aswell...

I thought about JAH(already socket in it)+SUR +whatever

its only for pvm....

???um??? *looking it up*
edit: hmm open wounds... why is it important?

a mal against baal is surely better...

ok, now the options

1.) JAH+SUR+LO+LO

2.) JAH+SUr+LO+MAL

3.) JAH+SUR+LO+UM

4.) JAH+SUR+MAL+UM

i got a LO, and I am sure, I can get everything I want, so it doesn't have to be the cheapest sollution...

I thing a sur would help a lot against more enemies: mf-runs (eldritth/pindl/Abeddon/counti/anda-runs)

so that's why I will surely socket one into the weapon.

then i thought about mal, because it takes 3-5 minutes to kill baal alone!!!...., thats boring, so if he cant heal, it goes quite faster!
Sovereign said:

Last edited by celaron; 2004-01-14 at 10:48 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

celaron

Posted 2004-01-14, 01:59 PM in reply to celaron's post "elite socketing gris set!"
Lo is deadly strike, which is awesome, and with as many times as you will be hitting monsters or bosses, whatever, a 20% better chance to deal that much more damage is Godly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-14, 05:03 PM in reply to celaron's post "elite socketing gris set!"
JAH+SUR+LO+UM

Jah is a waste... Sur is a waste.. 40/15 max it, please, listen to me.. you won't NEED jah, and for it to have ANY trade value after you stop using it/try to get a better wep.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-01-14, 07:13 PM in reply to celaron's post "elite socketing gris set!"
Jah does not affect ANYTHING you would wish to MF, so I would recommend something else. The best thing it would help hit is Champions...

Sur won't matter, as you'll be within their view whether blinded or not if you melee.

Um is OK. Say your pally is lvl 85, the Open wounds will casue it to lose 9.79 HP/Frame (That's 245 damage/second for 8 seconds). It's free damage, so it could be useful. However, if you have a high zeal rate, a 40/15 max may serve you just as well.

Lo is excellent for the Deadly Strike.A high chance to deal double damage is VERY worthwhile, so I'd recomend 1-2 Lo's in the weapon.

Mal works on everything, from what it looks like. It's your call on that one, but I'd say nah.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-01-15, 11:41 AM in reply to celaron's post "elite socketing gris set!"
ok,

jah+LO+LO is sure, i have to look for another LO now gg..

hmm, a prevent monster heal would be very usefull for baal

--> jah+LO+LO+mal will be my choice!!!!

if i ever get a ed/max , i will sock it into the corona.

thx for all your help!

(if u got a LO on europe, i would offer arachnid+3 elite barb helmets...)
Sovereign said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

celaron