Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Post rpgm2k vs. rpgm2k3
Posted 2003-11-27, 07:19 PM
Which is better 2k or 2k3?
I personally say 2k due to the font...thats my only reason...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
weeman722 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenweeman722 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

weeman722

Posted 2003-11-27, 07:27 PM in reply to weeman722's post "rpgm2k vs. rpgm2k3"
Like I said, the font can be EASILY fixed if you'll download the font patch.

And I'm quite in favor of RM2k3, myself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2003-11-27, 10:18 PM in reply to weeman722's post "rpgm2k vs. rpgm2k3"
well i say rm2k3 hands down. Its supirior in almost every way
"Dont ask for the truth unless you have the courage to accept it" :me
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
raven5540 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenraven5540 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

raven5540

Posted 2003-11-28, 06:40 PM in reply to weeman722's post "rpgm2k vs. rpgm2k3"
You cant change the msgothic font with that, can you...
what I mean is that you cant have, ohh say arial font for your messages.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
weeman722 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenweeman722 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

weeman722

Posted 2003-11-29, 11:44 AM in reply to weeman722's post "rpgm2k vs. rpgm2k3"
After screwing around a bit - I found that if you copy the Arial.ttf from C:\windows\fonts to your RM2k3 fonts directory, and rename it msgothi0.ttc (be sure to backup the old one) it'll change the in-game font to Arial. A nice side-effect of this is that it ALSO changes the RPG Maker font while working in the Maker itself!

All images hosted on WWW.IOWNJOO.COM of course.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2003-11-29, 09:16 PM in reply to weeman722's post "rpgm2k vs. rpgm2k3"
I like RM2K3 because I can see the battle now
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2003-12-01, 04:47 PM in reply to weeman722's post "rpgm2k vs. rpgm2k3"
Bluecube before that you just owned...now you have stepped it up to ownz()r!
nice work with the font!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

weeman722

Posted 2003-12-01, 05:07 PM in reply to weeman722's post "rpgm2k vs. rpgm2k3"
Wait... it seems to not be working...plus doesnt it use the Rm2000.fon and Rmg2000.fon files for the game?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

weeman722

Posted 2003-12-01, 05:36 PM in reply to weeman722's post "rpgm2k vs. rpgm2k3"
Okay, I am using 2003 and I tried to change the font of msgothi0.ttc to arial.ttf, rename it msgothi0.ttc just like you said. It doesnt work. The game font plus the editor font are just the same. wtf, yours is changed why isnt mine. Btw I have windows 98. I also deleted all the font files in the folder and then ran the game. I was the same. Please HELP ME
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

weeman722

Posted 2003-12-02, 06:26 PM in reply to weeman722's post "rpgm2k vs. rpgm2k3"
Again, it worked PERFECTLY for me. I'll find another way to fix it, if you want, but the steps I decribed are what I did, in order. (It actually was the first thing I tried!)

Also, make sure you're using MS Gothic font in the System tab.

My suggestion - copy Arial over and over and make every font in that directory Arial instead.

---------------

This is the entire content of my Fonts directory, by the way - I don't have the .fon files you mentioned.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2003-12-04, 03:14 PM in reply to weeman722's post "rpgm2k vs. rpgm2k3"
lol n/m I realized what I did...The font fix needs to use the .exe to work. I did read the readme. leave it to a man to not read directions, other than that my msgoth to arial worked just fine. Sorry for the inconvince, I am just a dumbass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

weeman722

Posted 2003-12-11, 04:03 AM in reply to weeman722's post "rpgm2k vs. rpgm2k3"
Well I like both.
rm2k because its easier to handle.
rm2k3 because of the new battle system.
this is my signiture and it's better than yours.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
joelv1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenjoelv1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

joelv1

Posted 2003-12-11, 01:34 PM in reply to weeman722's post "rpgm2k vs. rpgm2k3"
The only thing I don't like about RM2K3 is the fact that it takes a lot of work to create ur own custom battle characters that correspond with the world characters. I like them both just as much.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide