Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post Good gear?
Posted 2003-12-06, 12:41 AM
WOuld this be good gear for a hammerdin. I know very little so i researched. Tell me what ya think.

1) Stormshield monarch
2) Schaefers Hammer
3) Harlequin Crest Shako
4)Leviathan Kraken Shell
5)Soul Drainer Vambraces
6) String of ears
7) Aldurs advance Battle boots.

I have the Stormshield and The String of ears. Is it hard to get the rest of the stuff i listed? QANd is this a good set up for a hammerdin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-06, 12:43 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Good gear?"
use a vamp gaze.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
velocity is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenvelocity is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

velocity

Posted 2003-12-06, 12:44 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Good gear?"
Does taht reduce damage though? It said on the arreat summit that the shako reduced dmg. That with the stormshield and string of ears. I can block about 60 percent of teh damage and 10 more percent will go to mana.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-06, 12:48 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Good gear?"
umm, vamp gaze = perfect leach and 20 dr.. And some other cool shitz
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
velocity is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenvelocity is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

velocity

Posted 2003-12-06, 12:50 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Good gear?"
This just shows how much a newb i am at d2. Aite so vamp gaze it is. Is the rest good>? and how hard are these to get.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-06, 12:51 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Good gear?"
You would probably want Wiz Spike, and you won't need much leech for Pure Hammerdin because you ...can't leech.

Personally I won't get that much strength to wield SS, and probably go with a Herald of Zakarum instead. Harly Shako is good, and...use Shaft if you want DR, Verdungo's Hearty Cord is better than Strings...

If you need FCR, than use Magefist, or Frostburns for more mana. For Boots...I don't think it matters a lot...Silkweaves for more mana, or something with enough FRW, Life, stats etc.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-12-06, 12:52 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Good gear?"
nah use a balrog skin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

velocity

Posted 2003-12-06, 12:58 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Good gear?"
Okay, you see, for a Hammerdin, you want to aim for Lots of Life and Mana and +Skills.

Most of your points will go to Str, Dex and Vita. I would suggest none in Energy, because...any point into energy is sort of like a waste when you can wear your gear.

You don't want too much Str, because it DOES NOT benefit you in dealing damage. The only reason why you need Str is for equipping item. You need DEX to max blocking, and then Rest of the Stats go into Vita.

Valor needs what, 165 Str? That's too much. You probably need under 100.

I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-12-06, 02:03 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Good gear?"
velocity, sorry... you like the bigest newbi I ever seen. You just randomly naming good 1.09 stuffs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-12-06, 02:26 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Good gear?"
Hammerdins need: (shoot for this)

Heart of Oak
75% block
atleast 10k defense
1.5k life
50% dr, is cake

10% dr from shako, maybe 15 from verdungos, don't over do it, 75% block and 10k def should be more than enough.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-12-06, 04:20 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Good gear?"
For boots, I'd go with some nice rares that give good resists, like 25%+ dual/triple resist boots.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2003-12-06, 08:29 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Good gear?"
Yeah, I don't know for sure if anyone mentioned it yet in this thread, I just skimmed it, but the damage reduce cap is 50% now, so you can't go above that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-12-06, 11:04 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Good gear?"
i thought that cap was for PvP only.. im probly wrong tho

Shards of Dayala Simya 65 Cleric Bartux 65 Magi
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
akuno is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenakuno is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

akuno

Posted 2003-12-06, 11:25 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Good gear?"
It might be, I'm not sure.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-12-06, 02:17 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Good gear?"
Is this a blessed hammerdin or a melee "hammerdin" ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-12-06, 02:18 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Good gear?"
Blessed Hammer.

By the way, Welcome Back, badboy.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-12-06, 09:33 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Good gear?"
There hasn't been much talk about weapons, is schaffers the best choice?
Proud Clan W@R Member
htt://www.fallenarms.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Trail is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTrail is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Trail

Posted 2003-12-06, 09:34 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Good gear?"
For a hammerdin I'd think wizzy would be better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-12-06, 09:37 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Good gear?"
Heart of Oak or Wizzy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-12-06, 11:40 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Good gear?"
Shaeffers is a horrible weapon, FAR to slow..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`