Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post Should I get an Xbox?
Posted 2003-09-21, 02:33 PM
I like my Game Cube, games like Soul Caliber 2, and Mario Golf and Super Smash Bros. are great games.

I think I want an Xbox, can you give me some advice?
Adrenachrome's cousin!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Elvis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenElvis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Elvis

Posted 2003-09-21, 02:39 PM in reply to Elvis's post "Should I get an Xbox?"
Well, I have all three consoles, and I love my Xbox the best. If you like Action/Shooter games, Xbox will be your best friend.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-09-21, 02:42 PM in reply to Elvis's post "Should I get an Xbox?"
Yep, I like all kinds of fps games, I like games like Animal Crossing too though.

What's your favorite Game Cube game?

What are some of the best games for Xbox?

BTW, PS2'ers can suck my dick.
Adrenachrome's cousin!

Last edited by Elvis; 2003-09-21 at 02:47 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Elvis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenElvis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Elvis

Posted 2003-09-21, 03:04 PM in reply to Elvis's post "Should I get an Xbox?"
Heh, I like this kid.

My favorite GC-Exclusive would be F-Zero GX.

Me, and to other members, NonGayMan, and Sum Yung Guy have basically stated that the current two best games on the "box" would have to be:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Very well done Star Wars based RPG. The battle system is fast-paced, and oodles of fun, and you can choose to be evil if you want!)

Halo (One of the best FPS games ever, in my opinion. Single player mode is tons of fun, and multiplayer sessions can be real fun too)

Morrowind is an awesome game too. Its an rpg that lets you do whatever you want basically, from being a thief to a hero, to a evil murderer.

If you want more info on any games, go check out gamespot.com, and go to the xbox section. There's tons of great xbox games coming out. Also, don't be afraid to ask us about games. I play too many, and I'll do my best to help you out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-09-21, 05:24 PM in reply to Elvis's post "Should I get an Xbox?"
If u get Xbox get Morrowind cuz its 1 of the best games ever... but if you get it for PC you get to play the expansion sets like Tribunal and Bloodmoon which kick ass too!

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2003-09-21, 08:06 PM in reply to Elvis's post "Should I get an Xbox?"
I kind of liked Morrowind better on PC. Maybe it was just me. But like uncapped has said, DEFINITELY get KOTOR and Halo. Make sure to pick up Madden NFL 2004 if you don't already have it for another system, and also I'd have to agree that most of the good FPS's are on the Xbox.

Btw, my favorite GC game is Soul Calibur II.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2003-09-24, 07:06 PM in reply to Elvis's post "Should I get an Xbox?"
if you like the 1st person shooting games you should definitely get an x-box and also let me tell you that as gamecube has his exclusive games x-box has it's own exclusives like shenmue 2 which is an awesome game
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pennywise is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPennywise is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pennywise

Posted 2003-09-24, 07:09 PM in reply to Elvis's post "Should I get an Xbox?"
Shenmue 2 was fucking great.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

uncapped

Posted 2003-09-28, 06:42 PM in reply to Elvis's post "Should I get an Xbox?"
Yes. Go buy an XBOX. Youre missing out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
p1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenp1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

p1ng

Posted 2003-10-08, 08:43 AM in reply to Elvis's post "Should I get an Xbox?"
i like the abreviation of KOTOR it is great when i watch G4 it is a gameing channel on cable they talke about it all the time and KOTOR just souds cool so my friend bought it and it rules. the ability to be an evil jedi just rules.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2003-10-15, 08:57 PM in reply to Elvis's post "Should I get an Xbox?"
Owning an Xbox and not having Halo is like owning a television with no remote control. My friend has Halo and so does my other friend and we have massive sleep-overs where all we do is play with like 8 people with like 4 on the big screen and 2 on both of the small tv's. Its so damn awsom, we played for like 4 hours one night is was so damn fun. The only downside about halo is that you spawn right in the goddamn middle of everything=DEAD
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-10-15, 09:00 PM in reply to Elvis's post "Should I get an Xbox?"
The answer is no, plain and simple.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-10-15, 09:06 PM in reply to Elvis's post "Should I get an Xbox?"
haha.. that's funny.. everyone says yes except sovereign.

I say hell yes, go for it, you can pick them up somewhat cheap at gamestop.com stores.. refurbished ones run 149.99

check out pawn stores too, they sell em cheap

Gamecube and Xbox are both worth owning.. PS2 was worth owning a year and a half ago.. now all my g/f's ps2 does is gather dust.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
byrdclaw is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbyrdclaw is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

byrdclaw

Posted 2003-10-15, 09:06 PM in reply to Elvis's post "Should I get an Xbox?"
Nah forget the xbox get a guitar.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-10-16, 07:33 AM in reply to Elvis's post "Should I get an Xbox?"
goto general media ad rant about your guitar;;;;
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon