Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post Craft Affect
Posted 2003-09-23, 11:42 PM
Does level affect crafting rings, ammys, gloves, armor and weapons? I posted in (crafting recipes) but noone seems to look at the thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2003-09-24, 01:17 AM in reply to Pekson's post "Craft Affect"
I know the 3 ring = 1 amulet and 3 amulet = 1 ring is level based.
But for anything of crafted color i think it s not affected by anything.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-09-24, 07:41 AM in reply to Pekson's post "Craft Affect"
I'm not positive, but I do believe that character level and item level effect the outcome of crafting. Example: You will get a better crafted ring from a level 99 that crafts with a ring dropped from Pindle, than a level 80 that crafts from a ring dropped from an Undead Zombie.

I may be wrong though, but I'm about 95% sure that is correct.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-09-24, 08:06 AM in reply to Pekson's post "Craft Affect"
i think its more the level of the item.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2003-09-24, 08:17 AM in reply to Pekson's post "Craft Affect"
I think the character level matters more than anything else. I'm not entirely sure if the item level even has anything to do with it. Lemme check real quick.

Edited by me 
Bleh, nevermind, school blocks diabloii.net. You might wanna check there, they are usually pretty accurate on their formulas. Just check the crafting section.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-09-24, 08:24 AM in reply to Pekson's post "Craft Affect"
i have read that it was the item level, but that was just an off hand reply of someone on another forum so i dont know if they were sure of it or if it was just a guess
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2003-09-24, 08:53 AM in reply to Pekson's post "Craft Affect"
Well, then it couldn't hurt to have a high character craft a higher level dropped item, now would it? Just to be on the safe side.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-09-24, 09:23 AM in reply to Pekson's post "Craft Affect"
yeah i usually craft magic rings from pindle with jewels from either pindle or cows becuase their i lvl is 90 or higher then. but i dont know if jewel i lvl affects it or not. also the jewels i use are from cows not chest because chest i lvl is 73 i think
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2003-09-24, 10:08 AM in reply to Pekson's post "Craft Affect"
The jewel has no effect on the crafted item.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-09-24, 02:14 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Craft Affect"
It just might, I'm not sure about that one either. Again, just to be safe, Pindlebot, and have it pick up gems, magic rings, a jewels (Magic and Rare work), then use those to craft. Can't go wrong there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2003-09-24, 04:08 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Craft Affect"
the crafting items don't matter much..u can buy your magical gloves that u need to make ias/knoback gloves..all that matters is your clvl when you make the item..also..i'm not 100% on this...but if u use RARE JEWELS when crafting..that increases the chances of you getting a better item (more mods)
What is this!?! A center for ants!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
supaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensupaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

supaflip_69

Posted 2003-09-24, 04:12 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Craft Affect"
How are the random mods generated?
It's complicated. Basically you want to use the highest level items you have in the recipe, and have your highest level character actually create it.

The game actually takes into account the Clvl of the character doing the crafting, and the qlvl (Quality Level) of the item, which is determined by which monster dropped the item, or which level character spawned the item if it was bought from an NPC or gambled. See our Item Generation page for more details on Ilvl and everything else.

If you are looking to craft something, save one you find from a very high level monster on hell, and use your highest level character.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-09-24, 07:21 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Craft Affect"
Wow i didnt know that also the item lvl might actually affect the outcome of the craft. Hmmmm damn that means more work for me trying to get these high level spawned rings etc.....Thnx for the response everyone.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2003-09-25, 05:02 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Craft Affect"
oh sweetness i just crafted a 7 life steal blood ring
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-09-25, 07:19 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Craft Affect"
What are the other mods on the ring?
7% life steal itself is nothing.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-09-25, 09:36 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Craft Affect"
ill try and post it sometime but it had like 12+ to strength and +27 to life and 1 mana stolen after every kill ect...
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-09-26, 07:49 AM in reply to Pekson's post "Craft Affect"
I have that exact ring but it has 45 mana on it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Pekson

Posted 2003-09-27, 08:43 AM in reply to Pekson's post "Craft Affect"
i hate you
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon

Posted 2003-09-27, 02:28 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Craft Affect"
does the difficulty affect craft? for example does it work better in act 5 hell than in act 1 norm?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2003-09-27, 06:00 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Craft Affect"
no, but the chances of getting better mods on the item in which you are crafting is better if you craft it with a high level character rather than a low level character..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon