Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

View Poll Results: Seinfeld the funniest sitcom ever? (Cartoons dont count)
Yes 9 56.25%
No 7 43.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2003-07-06, 02:30 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Funniest Sitcom Ever ?"
Futuruma + family guy = why i stay up till 12 every night
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-07-06, 03:39 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Funniest Sitcom Ever ?"
Cartoons dont count cause their not sitcoms. Shows like Family Guy, Simpsons, Futurama, South Park, ect. are in a different genre. Otherwise I would agree that Family Guy is the funniest show ever.

By every fiber of your being you are truely a man slayer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Batosi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBatosi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Batosi

Posted 2003-07-06, 03:43 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Funniest Sitcom Ever ?"
uncapped said:
Between Kramer and George's Dad, Seinfeld has some of the best characters ever to grace a sitcom.
Haha. I agree. I love Jerry Stiller as George's Dad. That guy gets so pissed! I have grandparents that are just like George's parents when it comes to arguing all the time. It's the next best thing to watching the actual show!

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Batosi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBatosi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Batosi

Posted 2003-07-07, 09:36 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Funniest Sitcom Ever ?"
Batosi said:
uncapped said:
Between Kramer and George's Dad, Seinfeld has some of the best characters ever to grace a sitcom.
Haha. I agree. I love Jerry Stiller as George's Dad. That guy gets so pissed! I have grandparents that are just like George's parents when it comes to arguing all the time. It's the next best thing to watching the actual show!
I completely agree, George's Dad is sooo funny.

I'd have to say Seinfeld or Everybody Loves Raymond. Seinfeld was not only funny, but practically defined sitcom. And ELR is just hilarious, Ray Romano has a wierd sort of acting style.
Flame me.

My DeadJournal...you know you want to.

"War doesn't determine who is right, it determines who is left."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
InvaderJon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenInvaderJon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

InvaderJon

Posted 2003-07-08, 08:19 AM in reply to Batosi's post "Funniest Sitcom Ever ?"
Batosi said:
Cartoons dont count cause their not sitcoms. Shows like Family Guy, Simpsons, Futurama, South Park, ect. are in a different genre. Otherwise I would agree that Family Guy is the funniest show ever.
A sitcom is a situational comedy. It is based upon the idea that at the beginning of each episode, the characters are generally in the same situation as the last episode. They are normal and are not off on some journey or quest.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sitcom
A situation comedy.

http://dictionary.reference.com/sear...ation%20comedy
situation comedy
A humorous radio or television series featuring the reactions of a regular cast of characters to unusual situations, such as misunderstandings or embarrassing coincidences; a sitcom.

Nowhere is sitcom defined as a non-animated situation comedy.

The Simpsons follows this definition to a pin. Family Guy follows it. Southpark is the same with minor exceptions such as 4th grade and Ms. Chokesondick.

In light of this new evidence, I move to allow Southpark in the vote. All in favor?
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-07-08, 09:21 AM in reply to Batosi's post "Funniest Sitcom Ever ?"
lol. well bob, i guess i'll have to respect what you said cause i gotta give ya credit for doing the research.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Batosi

Posted 2003-07-08, 11:48 AM in reply to Batosi's post "Funniest Sitcom Ever ?"
The bubble boy and the Soup Nazi were the best charictors on Seinfeld in my opinion. And yes, my other favorate is Fraiser.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-07-08, 07:21 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Funniest Sitcom Ever ?"
Jamesadin said:
The bubble boy and the Soup Nazi were the best charictors on Seinfeld in my opinion. And yes, my other favorate is Fraiser.
Both are very funny characters. Soupe Nazi is probably the most memorable episode of Seinfeld. "NO SOUP FOR YOU!"

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Batosi

Posted 2003-07-08, 07:33 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Funniest Sitcom Ever ?"
"Well, can I atleast have some bread?"
"NO BREAD FOR YOU!"

"Wow, hes like the....soup...nazi.."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-07-08, 07:37 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Funniest Sitcom Ever ?"
The soup nazi pwnt so many people
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-07-09, 07:28 AM in reply to Batosi's post "Funniest Sitcom Ever ?"
'the soup nazi? well you guys have a little pet name for everybody, dont you?'
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2003-07-09, 07:54 AM in reply to Batosi's post "Funniest Sitcom Ever ?"
Its on sienfeld u newbie

Anyway, i vote for family guy now.

Anyone see the episode on last night, when he gets all feminen after going to that womans camp. Than he gets home, and after stuey goes to sleep, he unbuttons his shirt and picks stuey up. Than puts him against his nipple, and stuey starts sucking on it, and than he wakes up, and pulls a hair out of his mouth, he looks up and just goes into shock, and starts gagging.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-07-09, 09:39 AM in reply to Batosi's post "Funniest Sitcom Ever ?"
News Radio damnit, that show is leet, and much funnier than sienfield.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-07-09, 12:12 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Funniest Sitcom Ever ?"
nah family guy ownz all with stewie omg he is so funny, 10x better than sienfeld
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon