Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Worst....Launch Day.....EVER
Posted 2003-06-26, 02:31 PM
Well i got the game yesterday at 5 pm. I got it a day early so i was accepting that the servers wouldnt go up till 9am the next morning. 9AM came and went. The servers didnt go up till roughly 10:30. Ok i thought. Thats not that bad. Unfortunately theres hundreds of thousands of people trying to get in at one time creating what i like to call, "The three Stooges Effect"(simpsons). well its 3 30 and i still cant log on. you would think after EQ, Planetside, and EQ's 65 expansions Sony would have this whole server launch thing in the bag. Well ill keep you informed.

Twenty-eight days... six hours... forty-two minutes... twelve seconds. That, is when the world will end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zeal311

Posted 2003-06-26, 03:00 PM in reply to zeal311's post "Worst....Launch Day.....EVER"
You didn't heed our warnings... I bet you'll feel you've wasted your money soon enough.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-06-26, 03:07 PM in reply to zeal311's post "Worst....Launch Day.....EVER"
I'll wait for the reviews til' I make my decision. So far this game is looking like a "no-no" though. Such a shame...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-06-26, 03:44 PM in reply to zeal311's post "Worst....Launch Day.....EVER"
I'll give u guys my honest opinion just as soon as i can play the game....

Twenty-eight days... six hours... forty-two minutes... twelve seconds. That, is when the world will end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zeal311

Posted 2003-06-26, 08:04 PM in reply to zeal311's post "Worst....Launch Day.....EVER"
same here, im stuck at registration, been having my own lil click fest for an hour and a half now
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Radzkull is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRadzkull is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Radzkull

Posted 2003-06-26, 08:10 PM in reply to zeal311's post "Worst....Launch Day.....EVER"
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-06-26, 08:14 PM in reply to zeal311's post "Worst....Launch Day.....EVER"
Water sucks! It really really sucks!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-06-26, 11:34 PM in reply to zeal311's post "Worst....Launch Day.....EVER"
Well from waht i understand everyone got about 5-30 mins of actual ingame play!! this was of course while i was at work. by the time i get back the servers are all down. well i was able to login and dl the patch so i guess thats a start. if this game is not %100 by tomorrow morning heads will roll.....

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zeal311

Posted 2003-06-27, 08:45 AM in reply to zeal311's post "Worst....Launch Day.....EVER"
Screw galaxies, I'll just wait for WoW!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-06-27, 10:59 AM in reply to zeal311's post "Worst....Launch Day.....EVER"
W.o.W. As in wow its not going to be out for like 6 years. i might just play this in the meantime =P

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zeal311

Posted 2003-06-27, 11:25 AM in reply to zeal311's post "Worst....Launch Day.....EVER"
So, have you got on yet? If you have, or when you do, please let me know what the Character Creation process is like.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

uncapped

Posted 2003-06-27, 05:01 PM in reply to zeal311's post "Worst....Launch Day.....EVER"
Well after waitng almost 2 days i finnaly got on. well its fuckin sweet. im making a creature handler. i started on tattoine. character creation is very in depth. EVERYTHING is customizable down to eye color. From waht ive seen so far i definetly recommend it.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zeal311

Posted 2003-06-27, 07:36 PM in reply to zeal311's post "Worst....Launch Day.....EVER"
Cool. After I see a few reviews, I'll probably be making a purchase. I need something to do while I wait for football season to start.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

uncapped

Posted 2003-06-27, 08:49 PM in reply to zeal311's post "Worst....Launch Day.....EVER"
Do u ahve to pay to play?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-06-28, 12:07 PM in reply to zeal311's post "Worst....Launch Day.....EVER"
Yes. It's a ultra-high rate of 15/month too. Get this, no 30-day free trial either!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

uncapped

Posted 2003-06-28, 12:30 PM in reply to zeal311's post "Worst....Launch Day.....EVER"
I just got the game in the mail, and I haven't tried subscribing, yet. It seems this game might be pretty cool. I dunno.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2003-06-28, 01:15 PM in reply to zeal311's post "Worst....Launch Day.....EVER"
Guys, tell me what server, planet, etc, that you are on when you get a chance. I'm probably gonna pick this game up soon, and I'd like to know where everybody is. If I do get this, I'm gonna be the best Crafter known to mankind.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

uncapped

Posted 2003-06-28, 02:03 PM in reply to zeal311's post "Worst....Launch Day.....EVER"
You should be a priest
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-06-28, 02:48 PM in reply to zeal311's post "Worst....Launch Day.....EVER"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

uncapped

Posted 2003-06-28, 02:59 PM in reply to zeal311's post "Worst....Launch Day.....EVER"
Uncapped, when I get the game up and running, I'll tell you where I'm at.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan