Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2002-12-22, 01:50 PM in reply to HellSlayer's post "Terran sucks like hell"
Wraiths and siege tanks are an excellent combination for terrans. Battlecruisers are overwhelmingly strong, but they're too slow and very vulterable to a few kinds of attacks. (defilers anyone?)

For Zerg, a zergling rush is devastating to most newbies, as they're good at attacking with a lot of tough units. Of course, one fun thing to do in zerg vs zerg is to build a nydus canal at the enemy's creep, and if he doesn't notice the remote building, his base will be taken out by ultralisks in no time at all.

Protoss are fun, especially when using a strategy called Photon Cannon Offense, which is based on attacking the opposing base with lots of photon cannons. One of the biggest disadvantages with the Protoss is that they really have no great defensive capability of taking down long range attackers such as Guardians, Ghosts, Siege Tanks and so on. Well, Dragoons in Brood War can do the trick, but they're mostly weak anyway.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-12-23, 10:36 PM in reply to HellSlayer's post "Terran sucks like hell"
Chrusher (sorry im used to calling you that) you wanna play some 1v1 sometime? im anxious to see how well you play.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2003-01-18, 04:45 PM in reply to HellSlayer's post "Terran sucks like hell"
ill play vs someone here =D... (btw i play with terran) =D (USEast : GayPriest)

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2003-01-20, 02:58 AM in reply to HellSlayer's post "Terran sucks like hell"
TheOmegaDragon said:
Ok first you say they totally suck now you sometimes like them lmao make up ur mind

Its bcuz chruser posted right above and chruser=web owner...

rofl...

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2003-01-20, 05:17 AM in reply to HellSlayer's post "Terran sucks like hell"
Gaurdians are weak....by the time somone techs up that high ud have hightemps or archons wiping out the gaurdians.....the best defensive cabability for toss are cannons .....ive been saved by 2 or more cannons many times in all the games ive played being attacked by mass zergling and zealots....i can survive a mass zeal attack with only 1-2 cannons and of course 2-5 zeals backing them up....Cannons maybe weak when attacked but strong for their attack speed and power....all it needs is backup...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2003-02-14, 12:12 PM in reply to HellSlayer's post "Terran sucks like hell"
All the races have different advantages, but i'd say toss is the cheapest.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sir.dennis enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzsir.dennis enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

sir.dennis

Posted 2003-02-14, 12:20 PM in reply to HellSlayer's post "Terran sucks like hell"
I love terran, I think they are more Offensive and Def. If you are new I would say use Protoss for now, great def, and zerg for Off. If you are really skilled, you could own with Zerg, they are hardiest to learn to play online.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-02-14, 12:26 PM in reply to HellSlayer's post "Terran sucks like hell"
O ya, Zerg rules!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sir.dennis enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzsir.dennis enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

sir.dennis

Posted 2003-02-15, 01:00 AM in reply to HellSlayer's post "Terran sucks like hell"
zerling rush is very lame, if u cant defend againts a zergling rush then ur not the type to play sc either go practice some more or just play ums for the rest of ur life.

SC is very well ballanced just to let ya n00b know.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iusetobekool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniusetobekool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iusetobekool

Posted 2003-02-17, 04:53 AM in reply to HellSlayer's post "Terran sucks like hell"
zergling rush ownz jo0! u aint cool at all........in LT zergling rush ownz against a teching terran and zerg who decides to go hatch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2003-02-21, 06:10 AM in reply to HellSlayer's post "Terran sucks like hell"
Not really... if terrans lock... then the lings wont get in.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Boo~Hoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBoo~Hoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Boo~Hoo

Posted 2003-02-21, 12:27 PM in reply to HellSlayer's post "Terran sucks like hell"
zerglings are very small, and ud have to make one hell of a good gate to make sure they dont fit cuz.... a z ling can run thrue 2 supply depots which r beside eachother easily.

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2003-02-21, 02:10 PM in reply to HellSlayer's post "Terran sucks like hell"
Which is why they're gay.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2003-03-03, 08:23 PM in reply to HellSlayer's post "Terran sucks like hell"
Well lol its very easy 2 stop ling rush =\ if ur t then just use ur damn scv's with rines behind them (its called a micro people) oh and just put 2 depos and brracks at the choke and tada u got a block that make the lings come in 1 by 1 with 2 rines u should be able 2 kill them or u can just put an scv there and cant get though at all.....P is very ez 2 stop ling rush.....just make 1 zeal and put it at the choke....(and if u ask urself:whats a choke?? its like a ramp or a small opening in2 the main part of ur base...most maps have them) if theres no choke and the ling rush just use workers!!! u may lose 2 or 3 but hey its better then dieing... AND im kinda a t/p/z user lol i use all 3 put im best with p....i wont say what my strat is BWHAHA Come play me Channel:Clan xgkx SN:Executor[Gk] (hrmm i didnt see that 1 coming )
The dark Executor >
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Executor[Gk] is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExecutor[Gk] is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Executor[Gk]

Posted 2003-03-15, 05:30 AM in reply to HellSlayer's post "Terran sucks like hell"
Boo~Hoo said:
Not really... if terrans lock... then the lings wont get in.
Thats only if their positioned at the left side. Plus id only do zergling rush if i know they lock up on other spots coz i know my lings can run thru.

Plus i only do it when (I KNOW) theyre not building any rines even if they block.

Last edited by Pekson; 2003-03-15 at 05:32 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Pekson

Posted 2003-03-19, 12:31 PM in reply to HellSlayer's post "Terran sucks like hell"
oh...well
ling rush rocks...i max out lings in about...7 to 8 minutes...i have about 300 lings...i make a hatch in center...nydus...the whole enitre mase is covered with zerg guts by the end...

Naruto Rocks
naruto sig coming up next!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
allanonx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenallanonx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

allanonx

Posted 2003-03-23, 09:01 AM in reply to HellSlayer's post "Terran sucks like hell"
Baisicaly theres a strat to counter anything, I mean carriers? you can kick the shit out of them with BC/GOliaths, Lisks? A few well placed nukes can take anything out. Aim for their gatherers, Thats one of my favorite strats. If you can catch someone without detectors, bam they are fucked. I mean its harder with zerg, but I can get around the overlords

Kill off all their drones/hives and what can they do but slowly die?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SA-Leaf is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSA-Leaf is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SA-Leaf

Posted 2003-03-25, 04:42 AM in reply to HellSlayer's post "Terran sucks like hell"
Executor[Gk said:
]P is very ez 2 stop ling rush.....just make 1 zeal and put it at the choke
6 ling would kill that zeal at the choke easy! unless u go back to your probes and tada 6 or more ling dead.

Executor[Gk said:
]oh and just put 2 depos and brracks at the choke and tada u got a block that make the lings come in 1 by 1 with 2 rines u should be able 2 kill them or u can just put an scv there and cant get though at all.
Yea putting an SCV there would probably block the lings going in, but in some instances once that one SCV is hit at least once he will run away thus lings go in kill marines. 2 marines wont cut it lings still own em. Remember i played with you i didnt even 9pool and the guy had 8 rines blocking or more i had around 12 lings and still got thru killed em. Ling speed helps.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Pekson

Posted 2003-03-25, 02:52 PM in reply to HellSlayer's post "Terran sucks like hell"
You have to have combat skills. Play micro maps, they teach you how to be good. Like 2 Z's vs 2 Z's etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-03-25, 06:15 PM in reply to HellSlayer's post "Terran sucks like hell"
Yea playing those maps would help you out a bit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Pekson