Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

View Poll Results: What do you think about this idea?
I like the idea and think it will work well. 1 7.69%
I like the idea but don't think it will work well. 6 46.15%
I don't like the idea but it would work well. 0 0%
I don't like the idea and i dont think it will work well. 6 46.15%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Idea. stupid or generoous
Posted 2003-03-20, 01:22 PM
Well.. i have an idea.. maybe a sort of begging forum for people who like to beg for items... since it's a very popular thing to do these days with a bunch of newbs who want to have 1337 items so tell me what you think. if there was this forum there would surely be many more members because they would post here often i bet and with all the duped items going around i don't think it would be much of a fuss to get items.

I would also make it that every person has 1 beg per 100 posts or so...

it's kind of a "reward" for posting in the forums.
And if they attempt to spam toomuch the mods+ will just delete their posts anyway and they will recieve warnings/bans.

what do u think? post below and vote up.

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2003-03-20, 01:25 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Idea. stupid or generoous"
...it will increase the amount of spamming.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Boo~Hoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBoo~Hoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Boo~Hoo

Posted 2003-03-20, 01:27 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Idea. stupid or generoous"
This is why we hire supposedly good moderators, so we can stop this.. if the mods do their jobs then spamming wouldn't be an issue.

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2003-03-20, 01:29 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Idea. stupid or generoous"
think about it tho...
people would be posting like mad, and what if a mod isnt online? it will be absolutly fucked
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Boo~Hoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBoo~Hoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Boo~Hoo

Posted 2003-03-20, 01:49 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Idea. stupid or generoous"
I agree with Boo~Hoo.
And plus it creates an extra strain on the mods who already do alot for this forum.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BMS-IcE-

Posted 2003-03-20, 01:52 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Idea. stupid or generoous"
EX-Mania said:
This is why we hire supposedly good moderators, so we can stop this...
Hehe.
It isn't a bad idea.
But "1 beg per 100 posts", what do you mean by that?
Like, 1 item per 100 posts? Or 1 Begging post per 100 posts?

Shameless newbs might post in the World Record thread and start begging tho...something to think about.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-03-20, 02:42 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Idea. stupid or generoous"
Well.. currently the mod's job isnt too hard... and mods are on throughout the whole day.
And sup mods pretty much mean extra mods for this section.. so thats the forum's current amount of mods + the amount of sup mods.. personally i think the amount of mods/sup mods we have could easily handle this.

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

EX-Mania

Posted 2003-03-20, 06:39 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Idea. stupid or generoous"
How about every 500 posts = 1 item ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-03-20, 06:42 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Idea. stupid or generoous"
Wont work, I tried making a thread strictly for begging and it was spammed with beggings and no givings.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-03-20, 07:54 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Idea. stupid or generoous"
Well.. this is more like a reward to post and not constant begging.

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

EX-Mania

Posted 2003-03-21, 05:53 AM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Idea. stupid or generoous"
yea but whos gonna give? ...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Boo~Hoo

Posted 2003-03-21, 11:36 AM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Idea. stupid or generoous"
It will work only if you setup some new position like "Givers"...hehe.

I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-03-21, 01:22 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Idea. stupid or generoous"
Senesia said:
It will work only if you setup some new position like "Givers"...hehe.
Agreed, and the beggars would far outnumber the givers.

Vote: Bad Idea
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2003-03-21, 01:38 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Idea. stupid or generoous"
And then we'll see many users come out of nowhere

In order for this whole thing to work, you'll also need to setup some kind of fundation...and people donate stuff to it or something.

Maybe not a bad idea, but not too possible to take in actual practice.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-03-24, 09:36 AM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Idea. stupid or generoous"
that's why i said that the items should be duped and then the problem for finding the items is.. not there.

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

EX-Mania