Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2002-12-15, 07:26 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
yes. but my point is that I'm not going to risk my defilers as a main detecter unit. they are expensive. overlords are all around the place so why not use them to counter defliers and other cloaked units?
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-12-15, 08:05 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
Cause i like defilers better and Overlords cant attack and are easily killed, however defilers are harder to kill, if you see hes getting attack get him to cast dark swarm overhimself and get some units to help if you care that much about him dieng.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2002-12-15, 08:08 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
I perfer to use my mana to cause plague, not waste them on dark swarm. overlords are faster, more health and can fly to places where units can't get him.
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-12-15, 08:17 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
BUT they cant attack and are nto exactly the easiest thing to put into your hotkeys and still be able to own with it. I see where your coming from but we have two diferent opinions which is fine i guess but just dont skimp on the defiler or your gonna have probs vs a skilled player.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2002-12-18, 09:54 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
OMEGA is ur strat for 1v1 or 2v2? Defilers are GREAT I MEAN GREAT against 1v1 ZERG VS TERRAN dark swarm and their marines cant hit CRAP! u just get lurks own their arse and hydralisk to go wit dat! CONSUME OWNS JOO! 2v2 dark swarm works well against ranged units but its useless against melee

SERVE THE HIVE! I CONTROL! RADIO FREE ZERG thats good music peeps

Last edited by Pekson; 2002-12-18 at 09:57 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2002-12-18, 11:04 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
I'm not gonna to abandon Defilers completely. God.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-12-19, 11:20 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
Just i cant stress the fact that defilers are zergs single best unit in my opinion without them could be your defeat and with them you have 75% Chance to win.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Valmar

Posted 2002-12-30, 09:47 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
lol silly.

Zerg, Rush them with lings as soon as possible, 12 or so, just to slow them down, then mass Hydras for a while. If there not dead, find out what they are doing, Lets say ther toss, going mass Zeals or dragoons? Go Guards totally. Going air, stick with the Hydras but get some Devourers to back them up, along with some defilers to help out or whatever.

Toss, What can I say soo much to do, Get a few zeals out there to mess with them, Zerg, hell Just go carriers, most people dont realize that a bunch of Devs own, theyd go hydra most likely lol. Not a lot of people do it, But ill be damned if Ive been stomped with my carrier attack, then come back with mass archons, thoes lil buggars are really under used. If you can pull it off go archons and dark temps with maybey some corsair or scout backup. I dont suggest using toss if you wanna rush hardcore =P

Terran, well if you expect carriers, Its all about the goliath BC d. Carriers will get raped, period. If they go zeals, get marines and tanks and medics untill you can get air. Tanks will take out a Defensive player who relies on cannons. Zerg you should try to get you a few marines out fast, and block your main entrance off fairly good just to thwart their early rush that you should be expecting. If you want to finish it quick get seige tanks and marines. take out any sunkens with your tanks and wait for their lings and hydras with your rines, just slowly push on them, remember to keep your marines flowing, and you may want to bring you some medics/scvs to repair your units.

i know im gonna get newb thrown at me for this but oh well =P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SA-Leaf is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSA-Leaf is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SA-Leaf

Posted 2002-12-31, 05:48 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
Your arent going to get anything thrown at you, except thanx for sharing your opinions, im sure some will disagree but that doesnt matter at least your trying unlike some.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Valmar

Posted 2003-07-27, 01:16 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
Your all assuming that your enemy is always going to go mass something or another. THe one best way to win a game is by variation. If you ever some of almost everything, and some more of the best units you'll win. Now I'm not saying that you don't know how to use them right...practice makes perfect. Fuck records!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2003-07-27, 02:09 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
Please don't thread dig, thats not cool. (Spam!)

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2003-07-27, 10:06 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
SA-Leaf said:
lol silly.

Zerg, Rush them with lings as soon as possible, 12 or so, just to slow them down, then mass Hydras for a while. If there not dead, find out what they are doing, Lets say ther toss, going mass Zeals or dragoons? Go Guards totally. Going air, stick with the Hydras but get some Devourers to back them up, along with some defilers to help out or whatever.

Toss, What can I say soo much to do, Get a few zeals out there to mess with them, Zerg, hell Just go carriers, most people dont realize that a bunch of Devs own, theyd go hydra most likely lol. Not a lot of people do it, But ill be damned if Ive been stomped with my carrier attack, then come back with mass archons, thoes lil buggars are really under used. If you can pull it off go archons and dark temps with maybey some corsair or scout backup. I dont suggest using toss if you wanna rush hardcore =P

Terran, well if you expect carriers, Its all about the goliath BC d. Carriers will get raped, period. If they go zeals, get marines and tanks and medics untill you can get air. Tanks will take out a Defensive player who relies on cannons. Zerg you should try to get you a few marines out fast, and block your main entrance off fairly good just to thwart their early rush that you should be expecting. If you want to finish it quick get seige tanks and marines. take out any sunkens with your tanks and wait for their lings and hydras with your rines, just slowly push on them, remember to keep your marines flowing, and you may want to bring you some medics/scvs to repair your units.

i know im gonna get newb thrown at me for this but oh well =P
K, no good P player goes carriers vs z, im sorry thats just stupid. 1 dark swarm 12 hydras can take down a carrier in seconds.

Ling rushing T? are u INSANE, first off 5 marines at a choke can hold off 12 lings with relative ease.

Vults VS Lots instead of marines.. spider micro > any P attack (except for mass carrier, which is hard to counter)

BTW, The best strats are (for t anyway): mm tank vessel vs zerg, vult goliath tank (metal) and vessels vs P, tanks gols and maybe a vew vults vs t (later game use BCS)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-07-29, 06:41 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
I thought carriers interceptors werent affected by the dark swarm coz i went full out hydra and dark swarm in a 2v2 match and this guy just went mass cannon and carrier and still killed all my hydra. One bloody long game tho.

I usually do crack ling in 2v2 even if there is a terran .....most of the time it works bcoz theyre caugt up building too many tanks and golis and forget to build enough M&M and firebats......i swear freakin firebats own i hate them when T build em against my crack ling and dark swarm.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2003-07-29, 02:11 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
Yeah lings in 2v2 are smart, especially backed up with range.

Darkswarm SHOULD protect against all ranged/air attacks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-07-31, 08:31 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
I use Photon Cannon defence.

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2003-08-01, 12:36 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
Thats entirely, the dumbest strat in the entire game, i hope your joking.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-08-01, 09:56 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
Yes very much so joking.

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

quikspy67

Posted 2003-08-08, 12:48 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
I use the Zerg, then I use just Overlords and Hydralisks. I get my Overlords to lure them away from their base, then attack with my Hydralisks. I always make about a hundred Hydralisks, just to defend my base. If my attacker Hydralisks die, I just get some more, and go attack.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Bob Blob is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBob Blob is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Bob Blob

Posted 2003-08-08, 01:53 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
?

You play money maps, right?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-08-11, 04:22 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post "The Best Stratagys..."
He had better. Its suicide doing that on low mins and not worrying abotu exping 10 times!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign