Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post RX7 turbo sports car... Good?
Posted 2002-11-25, 02:38 PM
My Father knows a guy who is selling a RX7 turbo sports car, new cals and paint, for 1, 800.00 but will sell to me for a lot less since he knows my Dad.
I was wondering if they are any good? Anyone know?
I am 17 and have basically no money (but can afford this one barely) by the way.
Let me know quickly please if you know.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2002-11-25, 07:29 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "RX7 turbo sports car... Good?"
what's RX7?
C. M. Ngan
Aerospace Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LordZpider is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLordZpider is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LordZpider

Posted 2002-11-25, 09:26 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "RX7 turbo sports car... Good?"
Doctah I think you should direct this towards Jin-raiden, Trieze or maybe pinoy cuz they really know there shit bout cars (maybe pm one of them)

LoOk aT MeEh, I'm GaY!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Logic is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLogic is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Logic

Posted 2002-11-25, 09:40 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "RX7 turbo sports car... Good?"
What year?

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-11-25, 11:43 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "RX7 turbo sports car... Good?"
Im not sure but I think a 87. My Dad is looking into it since Im not home.

Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2002-11-26, 12:05 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "RX7 turbo sports car... Good?"
Logic, they dont know anything about cars.

Its an Rx-7 TurboII, right? hmm, Generation 2, not bad. If its in good condition, its not a bad deal, theyre fast cars. Make sure you ask if its overheated before, because those engines go to hell after they overheat even once.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Shpook

Posted 2002-11-26, 02:05 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "RX7 turbo sports car... Good?"
We don't know shit about cars? Just like we ended the "Import 'Race' Cars" post right?

Anyway, like you said it's your first car, and you don't have a lot of money. But if it is indeed turbocharged, get a mechanic (your father could do this actually) to run quick test to make sure the turbos actually still work (I have a guide, that includes a list of checks to test the turbocharger). You'll definitely want to find out the year and mileage. The only really bad thing about buying an RX-7 is that they had so many recalls, almost every year it was sold in the United States (this is why Mazada finally pulled the RX-7 eventually because it was losing more money in recalls than it was making from actually selling the car). One more thing, the RX-7 has a rotary engine. They can't be fixed by normal mechanics. It's very unique and different from almost every engine made today. Any mechanical mainteance or parts for the car will be very expensive. I'm sure you want a car bad, and this sounds like a deal, but you might just want to think about all of your options. Of course in the end, it's completely up to you. Good luck man!

Long live the Rotary engine.

Last edited by JiN-RaiDeN; 2002-11-26 at 02:09 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiN-RaiDeN

Posted 2002-11-26, 03:26 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "RX7 turbo sports car... Good?"
Thanks for the post all.
I think I will buy a 91 Civic Si Hatchback or a 96 Eclipse and supe dat baby up!
Probably go with the Eclipse cause they're sexy.
Thanks again.

Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2002-11-26, 03:37 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "RX7 turbo sports car... Good?"
What kind of Eclipse?

You have chosen the way of rice. A great path indeed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiN-RaiDeN

Posted 2002-11-26, 12:48 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "RX7 turbo sports car... Good?"
GST probably.

Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2002-11-26, 01:27 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "RX7 turbo sports car... Good?"
Mmm... turbocharged. The GS-T is the next best thing to a GSX. Probably the second best engine for street racing ever next to the 2JZ-GTE.

Mmm... 2JZ-GTE Twin Turbo and intercooled.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JiN-RaiDeN

Posted 2002-11-26, 02:58 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "RX7 turbo sports car... Good?"
Yeah my friend is getting one and he's into street racing and took me with him a few times and got me hooked.
Haha, funniest thing though, one time he came inches from taking me, him and this chick that were all in the same car off a cliff. It was pretty damn funny, we were dodging cops all night too (it was about 2-3 am or so) going down suburbs streets and ditching em. Then we went to the slaughter house (in like the middle of nowhere) and stayed there for a while until they gave up and started racing again.
Fun night.

Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2002-11-26, 07:35 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "RX7 turbo sports car... Good?"
Oh man, I've had my fair share of running into the law going to the runs. Man, we should make a post about those experiences.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JiN-RaiDeN

Posted 2002-11-26, 08:03 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "RX7 turbo sports car... Good?"
JiN, I hate to say this, but you know about rotary's a LITTLE, dont you? buddy, sticvk with rotary if your going import.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Shpook

Posted 2002-11-26, 08:09 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "RX7 turbo sports car... Good?"
Quote:
Originally posted by JiN-RaiDeN
Oh man, I've had my fair share of running into the law going to the runs. Man, we should make a post about those experiences.
Done.
http://www.zelaron.com/forums/showth...threadid=10830

Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2002-11-28, 07:37 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "RX7 turbo sports car... Good?"
Quote:
I am 17 and have basically no money
how ya gona get insured on a RX7 Turbo at such a young age??
"only the dead have seen the end of war"....Plato
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mozza is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmozza is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mozza

Posted 2002-11-28, 07:05 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "RX7 turbo sports car... Good?"
Because it's old as your mom. Literally.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JiN-RaiDeN

Posted 2002-11-29, 03:10 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "RX7 turbo sports car... Good?"
no matter what age the car is wether ancient or modern, engine CC will always determine a cars suitability to an owner more than value and age......... DaFrigginDoctah will have a hard job finding insurance for a turbo charged engine in a high rating car. The younger the driver the more liability.

getting back on topic..Hey DaFrigginDoctah, If after good informed advice about the car, you decide to buy it.. then good on ya, RX7's a nice car. just keep it garaged and clean till it's cheaper to insure
"only the dead have seen the end of war"....Plato
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mozza is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmozza is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mozza

Posted 2002-11-29, 04:10 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "RX7 turbo sports car... Good?"
ummm, keep this all in mind. I was 19 when I bought my RX-7, had 2 points on my license, only had my license for 3 months, and I live in SoFla. My insurance was $145 a month. My friend was 17, 1 point, license for 1 year, and lives in SoFla, and had an '87 RX-7, and payed only like $115 a month.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Shpook

Posted 2002-11-30, 01:32 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "RX7 turbo sports car... Good?"
Because of the age of the car. Mozza said that no matter what, a turbocharged car will be a lot of money to insure. WRONG! What about the Volvo 740 Turbo huh? What about the Sabb 900? Those cars are old, turbocharged and still cost lil' to insure, just as the RX-7 Turbo of those years. Shut the fuck up when you don't know what you're talking about.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JiN-RaiDeN