Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

View Poll Results: Should a 13 year old boy be tried as an adult
No, He is too young 5 31.25%
Yes, if there is enough evidence proving the case 9 56.25%
Undecided 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2002-09-07, 07:33 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Should a 13 year old be tried as an..."
what is your reason?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-09-09, 03:00 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Should a 13 year old be tried as an..."
He is only 13...not nearly the age of an adult. I do not believe he understands the consequences that are placed upon him and the family of the victim. Yes there are some mature 13 yr olds but if he has killed someone he is not. Also I don't believe that you should try anyone that is a minor as an adult unless you give him the full rights as an adult, and that would not make sense because the country can not be run as a childs mind works. But back on the subject. He has barely reached adolesence. He needs to be punished for his actions but not as severly as an adult would be.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Question
Posted 2002-09-09, 03:18 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Should a 13 year old be tried as an..."
fuck when i was 13 i exactly knew what was the difference between right or wrong so why cant you westerners? i blame it all on the careless and unresponsible parents that you ppl have, honestly. if anyone should be punish it should be his parents.
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-09-09, 03:21 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Should a 13 year old be tried as an..."
Even u can distinguish between Right and wrong ur far away more temperamental & less mature...Or you see so many fights in an office as in school????And yes, since he isn't treated as an adult to other things souldn't be for that trial
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sirpullido is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSirpullido is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Sirpullido

Posted 2002-09-09, 03:27 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Should a 13 year old be tried as an..."
it has nothing to do with the age, but how and what you were taught while you were little. trust me, i came from hong kong and parents are as strict as hell back there and as a matter of fact still is today. if anything, the parents are at fault here. the parents raising the kid deserves just as much blame as the person who actually commited the murder.
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-09-09, 03:44 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Should a 13 year old be tried as an..."
I have 2 disagree here. The parents are not really at fault. There are some kids, no matter how well they are raised, they will get into trouble. The only person to blame is the thirteen year old himself. I don't know the exact details for this case but I seriously doubt that the parents rewarded the kid for killing somebody. And if you're going to blame the parents because the kid used their gun to kill somebody the parents could've just had a gun for protection. No matter how much you hide something the kids will know where and how to get it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2002-09-09, 03:52 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Should a 13 year old be tried as an..."
hmm. 25 to life is enough to straighten anyone out anyways, but what i'm saying here is that under some cases the parents are just as responsible for not raising their kid up porperly (espically when they know that he will get into trouble, he was 13) as the kid who shot someone intentionally.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-09-25, 09:40 AM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Should a 13 year old be tried as an..."
Quote:
Originally posted by Strider Fury
fuck when i was 13 i exactly knew what was the difference between right or wrong so why cant you westerners? i blame it all on the careless and unresponsible parents that you ppl have, honestly. if anyone should be punish it should be his parents.
Haha. Well, one of his parents was definitely punished.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiN-RaiDeN

Posted 2002-09-25, 02:21 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Should a 13 year old be tried as an..."
i duno about the u.s., but in canada their is no way for a person under 18 to be tried as an adult, by law, this is not possible, doesnt matter what the person did...
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-09-25, 03:23 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Should a 13 year old be tried as an..."
But, I think our law should have some changes made to it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-09-25, 06:05 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Should a 13 year old be tried as an..."
yes it doesn't seem to make sense...how are u gonna try some1 as an 18 yr old when they aren't 18...dont have the rights of an 18 yo and if ur under 18 what u say in a courtroom hear in the U.S. doesn't matter newayz.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2002-09-25, 07:56 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Should a 13 year old be tried as an..."
isnt canada thinking of sentencing the parents instead if the kid is underage? i think i heard it a lllooonggg time ago somewhere but since it didnt concerned...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-09-25, 08:04 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Should a 13 year old be tried as an..."
Im not so sure about that...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-09-25, 08:22 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Should a 13 year old be tried as an..."
me neither. but they should.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-09-25, 08:25 PM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Should a 13 year old be tried as an..."
Well... it kinda depends on if they know the difference from right and wrong. If they are 13, the parents arnt the ones who need to be punished.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-09-29, 03:59 AM in reply to JohnnyTAE's post "Should a 13 year old be tried as an..."
Either way he's getting punished for by letting some 30 year old dood put his dick in his ass. But that's just my opinion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiN-RaiDeN