Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

DIABLO II can't get d2loader110 to work
Posted 2005-04-03, 12:19 AM
Hello!

I am a total newbie at this so please, bear with me.

I have Diablo 2 and the d2loader110.zip and instructions. I also have a disk with the cinematics on it.

I've followed the instructions (which appear deceptively simple) and installed the game (single player, because I'm not interested in playing multi player on the net). I've patched/upgraded it to version 110. I've extracted the diablo2.exe from the d2loader110.zip to the game folder. It makes a folder within the diablo 2 game folder, called d2loader which contains the diablo2.exe.

From there I get stuck. I've tried double clicking the diablo2.exe in the main game folder....nothing happens. I've tried d.clicking the diablo2 exe in the d2loader folder....nothing happens. I've tried copying the diablo2.exe from the d2loader folder, to the diablo 2 main game folder...again nothing.

I variously get error messages saying to insert disk into rom (its already in there)or that storm.dll is missing (when d.clicking on the d2loader folder diablo2.exe).

Getting so annoyed with this. Can't work out why it just won't work. A friend sent this from overseas and the disk only has the single player on it anyway, not the full multiplayer version.

Is there something I'm missing here? Can anyone help please? Been waiting to play this one for ages. Only have Diablo2, not the expansion (yet).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards
Chickie
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chickie is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenChickie is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Chickie