Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Mechwarrior Chair!
Posted 2007-06-07, 01:59 PM
http://www.newlaunches.com/archives/..._chair_bot.php

They're saying that possibly within the next years they may have machine guns and rpgs mounted on these things. I don't know about you guys but I'm starting construction of a bunker tonight! =o.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-06-07, 02:10 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Mechwarrior Chair!"
That's pretty badass. Leave it to the Koreans..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-06-07, 05:46 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Mechwarrior Chair!"
Old news. I read about this like 2 months ago.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-06-07, 07:31 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Mechwarrior Chair!"
Laff.

Asians.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-06-08, 06:24 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Mechwarrior Chair!"
A bit wobbly, ain't it? I'm surprised the fella in the video didn't get seasick...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-06-08, 07:36 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Old news. I read about this like 2..."
u r b&
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-06-08, 04:24 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Mechwarrior Chair!"
I'd be shocked if the military isn't researching exoskeletons for heavy combat already. I imagine that the main constraint is cost-effectiveness.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-06-09, 12:03 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I'd be shocked if the military isn't..."
Vollstrecker said:
I'd be shocked if the military isn't researching exoskeletons for heavy combat already. I imagine that the main constraint is cost-effectiveness.
The University of Kentucky is a leading researcher in exoskeletons =D. The main problem I could think of would be a viable long-lasting energy source.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-06-09, 11:15 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "The University of Kentucky is a leading..."
Willkillforfood said:
The University of Kentucky is a leading researcher in exoskeletons =D. The main problem I could think of would be a viable long-lasting energy source.
I imagine overbalancing them would be a bitch to prevent, too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-06-19, 09:38 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I imagine overbalancing them would be a..."
I heard recently that some sort of exoskeleton like cyber-ninja ala Metal Gear Solid suit was going to be made available to the military soon, for a cheap price. Like it's not something super intense, but I think it's just like full bullet proof body armor and resistant to flame and all sorts of other shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2007-06-19, 05:10 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "I heard recently that some sort of..."
The only upcoming military exoskeleton I know of is a system to take the increased weight of the soldier's gear off his legs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-06-19, 10:03 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "The only upcoming military exoskeleton..."
Yep, that's it. The bad thing is the system itself is pretty heavy once it runs out of power so ...yea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-06-20, 06:42 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Yep, that's it. The bad thing is the..."
Willkillforfood said:
Yep, that's it. The bad thing is the system itself is pretty heavy once it runs out of power so ...yea.
Has the government mandated that it shall run on Gasoline yet?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-06-21, 03:17 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Mechwarrior Chair!"
Much cooler than a wheelchair

And of course it doesn't take watching too many animes to realize that asians will be the first to invent a mech/gundam/walker type machine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM