Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Opinion and Debate (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=332)
-   -   Judges for the Marijuana Debate Sign Up Here (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42149)

Demosthenes 2007-04-11 01:34 PM

Judges for the Marijuana Debate Sign Up Here

If you want to judge the marijuana debate, sign up here. I'm going to be judge #1, so we need 2 more. First two to sign up get it.

!King_Amazon! 2007-04-11 01:40 PM

I'll do it. As hard as it might be for me to keep an unbiased view on the debate, I definately know I can do it.

Grav 2007-04-11 05:07 PM

Does this require more time than debating? (I don't see how it would...)

If not, I sign up.

Willkillforfood 2007-04-11 07:14 PM

Dear God ...why do we have to do marijuana? =(

Demosthenes 2007-04-11 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GravitonSurge
Does this require more time than debating? (I don't see how it would...)

If not, I sign up.

Cool, we got our 3. I don't think it should require more time than debating. It should be in Zelaron Melee fashion, so we should be good. I'll write out judges guidelines later. Testssss tomorrow.

Jessifer 2007-04-12 09:12 PM

Judges should be people who've never done marijuana on a regular basis, imho. *shrug*

!King_Amazon! 2007-04-12 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessifer
Judges should be people who've never done marijuana on a regular basis, imho. *shrug*

The opposite side of that arguement is, if someone has never done it, can they truly judge both sides?

Fact is, the history of the judge means nothing as long as the judge is not biased towards one side or the other.

Titusfied 2007-04-13 04:16 AM

Actually, I agree with both sides. If you are still actively smoking pot, then you are biased. If you have smoked in the past and have simply outgrew it, that's a different scenario, because you are knowledgable on the subject, but biased by it's influence at the moment.

On that note, I'd like to disbar !K_A! and nominate myself. Hahaha...

!King_Amazon! 2007-04-13 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titusfied
Actually, I agree with both sides. If you are still actively smoking pot, then you are biased. If you have smoked in the past and have simply outgrew it, that's a different scenario, because you are knowledgable on the subject, but biased by it's influence at the moment.

On that note, I'd like to disbar !K_A! and nominate myself. Hahaha...

Funnily enough I smoked in the past and now I don't so there.

Titusfied 2007-04-13 08:41 AM

Fine, then Grav is getting nixed in my favor!

Willkillforfood 2007-04-13 09:05 AM

I demand KA be removed as a supreme moderator and Kyeruu be reinstated! I think titusfied as a judge would be funny =D.

!King_Amazon! 2007-04-13 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titusfied
Fine, then Grav is getting nixed in my favor!

I'm pretty sure Grav used to smoke but quit too. I guess same could be said about you though, I dunno if you still smoke or not.

Willkillforfood 2007-04-13 09:12 AM

I've never smoked pot before =P. Or drank alcohol or smoked cigarettes for that matter.

Titusfied 2007-04-13 05:32 PM

I don't smoke anymore. I did for like 5 years during highschool and he beginning of college, but I haven't for like 6 years now.

I'd be the greatest judge the world has ever seen.

RoboticSilence 2007-04-14 08:45 AM

Is it still too late to do another debate, Christ?

I smoke weed off and on, relatively regularly, and I am for and against the legalization (more like for decriminalization). That being said, if I hear much more about this subject I might puke. The marijuana debate has been flooding the internet media for the past few years (much more since Cannibus Club was founded) and hasn't gotten anywhere useful. It's WAY overblown and tired.

Willkillforfood 2007-04-14 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoboticSilence
Is it still too late to do another debate, Christ?

I smoke weed off and on, relatively regularly, and I am for and against the legalization (more like for decriminalization). That being said, if I hear much more about this subject I might puke. The marijuana debate has been flooding the internet media for the past few years (much more since Cannibus Club was founded) and hasn't gotten anywhere useful. It's WAY overblown and tired.

Fuck I agree with you but the board's full of stoners who want to debate about something they feel strongly about. So, I guess this is a good first one to get everyone involved.

hotdog 2007-04-14 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjordan2nd
If you want to judge the marijuana debate, sign up here. I'm going to be judge #1, so we need 2 more. First two to sign up get it.

Mj you need 4 judges. One who smokes. One who has never smoked. One who has smoked but stopped. One who didn't smoke till later down the road (like 29 or 30 years).

That way you can get an opinion from all the different positions smokers may be in while you get one from a non smoker.

!King_Amazon! 2007-04-14 11:06 AM

The background of the judges isn't going to mean shit, it's about who debates better, not who's right or wrong.

Willkillforfood 2007-04-14 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GravitonSurge
You're getting too complicated. Besides, where is there a 30 year old pot smoker here?

WetWired should be a judge for he represents a demographic I'm sure no one else represents: the resurrected dead.

Demosthenes 2007-04-14 04:59 PM

We don't have enough against Marijuana...