Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Question Quick question.
Posted 2004-03-03, 01:41 PM
When u connect two Xbox's together that are in the same room or building, do u have to connect through lan or anything or is it just direct(cable out the back of one and in the back of the other)??
And do u use a normal ethernet cable or a special link cable just for xbox. And to just play using to xbox's without xbox live or gamespy.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-03-03, 01:54 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post "Quick question."
If you dont have a hub or switch then you will need a crossover cable. If you know how to, you can covert a reg cable to crossover
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2004-03-03, 02:11 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "If you dont have a hub or switch then..."
wha????? explain please?

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-03-04, 09:46 AM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "wha????? explain please?"
Hmm, I'm not entirely sure, since I've never actually hooked up the XBox's when doing this, but I do know that you don't need to connect to the LAN, unless you want to link play with others that are on the same School Network, for example. The only problem with hooking up multiple XBox's is that you need multiple TVs to set them up to, obviously.

Its really not that hard to figure out. Just check the jacks on the back of your XBox, and I'm sure they are marked clearly enough to figure out what goes where and to where. Good luck, and if you figure it out, let me know. Same goes for me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-03-04, 11:12 AM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "wha????? explain please?"
You know the cords that go in the back of the xbox... well there are 2 types... Regular and Crossover. If you use a reg, you will need 2 reg cords and a hub or switch. Otherwise get a crossover. If you connect more than 2 Xboxs together, you need a Hub and a regular cord for each Xbox
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2004-03-04, 01:37 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "You know the cords that go in the back..."
ok, i think i got what u mean. I am only hooking up to xbox's to play multiplayer 4 on 4 type stuff.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-03-05, 12:08 AM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "ok, i think i got what u mean. I am..."
If you dont have one... buy a cat-5 crossover

but they got Xbox lan stuff that is so much better if you dontknow what your doing
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2004-03-05, 01:00 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "If you dont have one... buy a cat-5..."
You need a hub.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-03-05, 01:03 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "You need a hub."
no you dont, if you use a cross over, you can do 2 xboxs without a hub/switch
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2004-03-05, 09:01 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "no you dont, if you use a cross over,..."
Just plug into your router. Making those crossover cables is the biggest pain in the ass youll ever come across. Especially when one of the little bastard wires decides to get caught and you have to pull em all out and start over again.
Yeah, just use a router.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
p1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenp1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

p1ng

Posted 2004-03-05, 09:14 PM in reply to p1ng's post starting "Just plug into your router. Making..."
If he dosent have router I advise him to buy the Xbox lan kit
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer