Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Work II: Rise of the Lulz
Posted 2007-05-30, 12:46 AM
So today at work I had this very heavy set guy ask me if I knew where he could find polyhedrals. I was like "Huh?" He then said "multi-sided die." As if it was too complicated to just fucking say that in the first place. So I told him I'm still unfamiliar with the area. He told me he didn't mean in the store. I kinda glared and said "I wouldn't know in this city. I'm from out of state." At that moment I felt like going "Oh, sir, give me a moment. I want to Magic Missle this goblin to death and search his body for a polyhedral for you. And if he doesn't have it, well then by golly I'll just Magic Missle every last goblin in sight until I find you some polyhedrals."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-05-30, 07:24 AM in reply to KagomJack's post "Work II: Rise of the Lulz"
You mean you're not... local?

In fact, you won't get that... hmmm... let's see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOGAAlHzF4o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoczBIIh9hQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCJcqnuUawE

Anyway... polyhedrals, eh? Rather posh. Why would someone want to buy a multi-sided die?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-05-30, 07:45 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You mean you're not... local? In..."
For pen and paper RPGs?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-05-30, 08:31 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "For pen and paper RPGs?"
I find it funny how people call them "multi-sided die" though like there's such a thing as "single-sided die."

And if you don't know what polyhedrals are you're just dumb and should be fired anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-05-30, 08:38 AM in reply to KagomJack's post "Work II: Rise of the Lulz"
Does not deliver.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-05-30, 09:30 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I find it funny how people call them..."
It'd be a marble, I guess.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-05-30, 10:06 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "It'd be a marble, I guess."
We've come to the conclusion that a marble could not qualifty as a die as it is not a polyhedral. The smallest possible die is a 2 sided die (essentially a coin) followed by a 3 sided die.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-05-30, 11:17 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "We've come to the conclusion that a..."
Qualifty?

WOOH K_A JUST GOT PWND
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2007-05-30, 11:26 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I find it funny how people call them..."
I never heard the term "polyhedral" before, and I used to be a bit into DND myself. Sad, I know, but nothing I can control.

And I wasn't the only one who didn't know what that was.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-05-30, 11:56 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I never heard the term "polyhedral"..."
There's something - does the term "polyhedral" refer exclusively to "multi-sided die"? If it doesn't, then it's stupid to use it and expect people to know it refers exclusively to "multi-sided die".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-05-30, 12:15 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Qualifty? WOOH K_A JUST GOT PWND"
slaynish said:
Qualifty?

WOOH K_A JUST GOT PWND
What are you talking about?

How did I get owned at all?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-05-30, 12:16 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "There's something - does the term..."
Lenny said:
There's something - does the term "polyhedral" refer exclusively to "multi-sided die"? If it doesn't, then it's stupid to use it and expect people to know it refers exclusively to "multi-sided die".
No, polyhedral does not = die. A die is a polyhedral.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-05-30, 12:19 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "What are you talking about? How did..."
No, you didnt get Owned, you got PWND!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2007-05-30, 12:23 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "No, you didnt get Owned, you got PWND!"
slaynish said:
No, you didnt get Owned, you got PWND!
Ok, so explain how.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-05-30, 12:32 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Ok, so explain how."
I corrected your spelling.

PWND!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

slaynish

Posted 2007-05-30, 12:37 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "I corrected your spelling. PWND!"
Oi vey.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-05-30, 12:40 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Oi vey."
Yea, its ok.

Can't really deal with a hard ass like me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

slaynish

Posted 2007-05-30, 12:43 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "I corrected your spelling. PWND!"
Back when I used to be real big into Halo (the original and best Halo), me and my friends played these 13-14 y/o nerds at this gaming center who always said PWNED (pronounced PONED). At the time I had no fucking idea what they were talking about. We made fun of them.

"OMG Bobby I'm about to pone you with my big poner!! Get ready to get poned!"

/random story
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-05-30, 01:01 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Back when I used to be real big into..."
Elitist Dungeons & Dragons nerds ftw?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-05-30, 01:03 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Back when I used to be real big into..."
Thanatos said:
Back when I used to be real big into Halo (the original and best Halo), me and my friends played these 13-14 y/o nerds at this gaming center who always said PWNED (pronounced PONED). At the time I had no fucking idea what they were talking about. We made fun of them.

"OMG Bobby I'm about to pone you with my big poner!! Get ready to get poned!"

/random story
Most people don't know that "Pwned" is still pronounced "Owned". People that say "Poned" are douchebags.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!