Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

300 Spartan Workout Routine
Posted 2008-12-02, 03:13 PM
The 300 Workout

Yes, most of you have seen the movie '300' and know the actors and stunt-doubles in the movie are all pretty jacked, and well in shape. There has been a workout floating around for a long time that explains how they got into shape, and essentially it is a '300 repitition' workout that you are to do 2-3 times a week; however, the actors/stunt-men apparently did not reach the 300 plateau until a few weeks after working out with this regimine before hitting this level, which is fine. But it is an excellent goal to shoot for, and something to keep your eye on the goal with.

I myself have been contemplating on what route to take, and this workout is looking more promising the more videos and articles I have read about it, which is why I am now passing it onto you guys. I plan to start this workout regimine Tues, Dec. 2nd and continue onwards for roughly 8-10 weeks.

The workout regimine looks like this:
  • 25 pull-ups
  • 50 deadlifts at 135 pounds
  • 50 push-ups
  • 50 box jumps with a 24-inch box
  • 50 "floor wipers" (a core and shoulders exercise at 135 pounds)
  • 50 "clean and press" at 36 pounds (a weight-lifting exercise)
  • 25 more pull-ups -- for a total of 300 reps

There is NO rest in between workouts. I will be doing this workout 2 to 3 times a week. I am going to push forward with it, eating correctly every day including protein supplements.

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercis...-you-handle-it

Here is an example from the 300 DVD.

BORKED

However, these first two weeks I am going to do a less impactful type of workout, like shown in this video.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-12-02, 03:25 PM in reply to D3V's post "300 Spartan Workout Routine"
Deadlifts

For those of you that do not know what a dead lift is, it's a pretty simple workout routine.

http://stronglifts.com/how-to-deadli...per-technique/

Benefits of the Deadlift.

Deadlifts work your back, legs & forearms. Deadlifts don’t develop your legs like Squats do: your hips start higher. That’s why you can substitute Squats for Deadlifts in case of knee injuries.

[b]Back Strength. Your back stays straight while the weight of the bar tries to bend it. Keeping your back rigid builds back strength.

Leg Strength. Bringing your hips forward strengthen your hamstrings & glutes. Straightening your knees strengthen your quads.

Grip Strength. You need to grip the barbell hard so it doesn’t roll out of your hands when doing Deadlifts. This builds forearms & grip strength.

Before You Deadlift. Basic stuff you need to know before you even think about trying to Deadlift with correct technique.

Bar Height. Deadlifts start with the bar at mid-shin level. Put plates on the floor if you don’t have/lack the strength to use 20kg plates.
Lifting Shoes. Shoes with air or gel filling are compressible, impairing power transfer & stability. Wear shoes with hard soles. Chuck Taylor’s, weightlifting shoes, socks or barefoot are better than running shoes.
No Straps. Never use straps for Deadlifts. If your grip is weak, Deadlift more. Switch to an alternate grip (baseball grip) & use chalk.

Performing The Deadlift.

Deadlift by pushing from the heels & bringing your hips forward. Not by pulling back with your lower back. If you Deadlift correctly, you’ll feel most stress in your upper-back, glutes & hams.

Shoulder-blades over Bar. Put your shoulder-blades directly over the bar, shoulders in front of the bar. Your hips will be at the correct height.

Bar Against Shins. Pull the bar up in a straight line. The closer the barbell to your shins, the better. No need to scrape your shins.

Push From The Heels. Simple trick: curl your toes up. This automatically puts the weight on your heels.

Bar Close to You. Keep the bar in contact with your body during the whole lift, rolling the bar over your shins & thighs. The closer the bar, the less stress on your lower back & the more weight you can Deadlift.

Squeeze You Glutes. Bring your hips forward by pushing from the heels & squeezing your glutes hard. This prevents pulling with the lower back.
Lock The Weight. The Deadlift ends when your knees & hips are locked. No need to roll the shoulders or hyper-extend the lower back.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-12-03, 03:34 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Deadlifts For those of you that do..."
Here are some more variations of the 300 workout.

BORKED

And another, this is more sensible for an in-house, workout system.

BORKED

And finally, my favorite. Beast mode workout with the giant tire.

BORKED

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-12-03, 04:06 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Here are some more variations of the..."
The workout def works, i usually do it when i am cutting up after 4 months of heavy lifting. I start this routine (first got wind of it from G Butler in Men's Health) and it took me a solid month to actually finish it. Get ready to feel pain like none other before.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-12-03, 04:14 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "The workout def works, i usually do it..."
I am definately ready for it. I am a bit nervous, but both of my brothers are going along and will be doing it with me, so we can all motivate each other, so hopefully that will pull us through the entire process. It looks amazing.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-12-04, 10:33 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I am definately ready for it. I am a..."
I would honestly start out at not even half of what they are saying, unless you enjoy not being able to function normally or walk around for days on end. You have to warm up with a decent base before attempting to do that type of exercise!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-12-04, 01:15 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I would honestly start out at not even..."
I did 150 last night of the 300, but with other various workouts. I am in total shock as my body isn't used to this type of abuse at all, or atleast it hasn't in a long time. Geez!

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-12-04, 01:21 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I did 150 last night of the 300, but..."
25 pull-ups
50 deadlifts at 135 pounds
50 push-ups
50 box jumps with a 24-inch box
50 "floor wipers" (a core and shoulders exercise at 135 pounds)
50 "clean and press" at 36 pounds (a weight-lifting exercise)
25 more pull-ups -- for a total of 300 reps

I could probably do it all except the pullups and pushups.. I can't even do a single pullup.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-12-04, 01:22 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "25 pull-ups 50 deadlifts at 135..."
I can do about 5 pullups, and that's it. But each time I get about 5 1/2.. then 5 3/4 .. just keep pushing it all the way out every time and that number will continue to rise. I'm seriously more sore than I have been in a very long time.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-12-04, 01:23 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I can do about 5 pullups, and that's..."
In the home video of the 300 workout you posted the kid doing his pullups made me mad.. pfft what ease it looked like.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-12-04, 02:27 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "In the home video of the 300 workout..."
His muscles are so trained, and his body weight it so low that it's not that hard at that point. Getting to that point is very hard though!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-12-04, 02:27 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "In the home video of the 300 workout..."
Yeah it's crazy.

I am going to be incorporating some Stadiums along with the rest of these workouts to emphasize a bit more on legs and cardio. It's going to be intense, starting this weekend, and every Saturday until the 8 weeks is up.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-12-04, 03:01 PM in reply to D3V's post "300 Spartan Workout Routine"
that workout sucks. i guess its worth it though to be THAT good looking. damn them boys was tastyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Edit: d3v you can only do 5 pullups? lmao we have to do 15, 4 times or so every gymnastics practice. i can do at least 8 in a row, then take short break and do the rest =]
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!

Last edited by talentedhamster; 2008-12-04 at 03:04 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2008-12-04, 03:40 PM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "that workout sucks. i guess its worth..."
I guess it has do with the proportion of your weight versus your muscle strength.

I can do 10 + pull ups, yet I'm about 130 lbs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-12-04, 03:59 PM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "that workout sucks. i guess its worth..."
talentedhamster said: [Goto]
that workout sucks. i guess its worth it though to be THAT good looking. damn them boys was tastyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Edit: d3v you can only do 5 pullups? lmao we have to do 15, 4 times or so every gymnastics practice. i can do at least 8 in a row, then take short break and do the rest =]
I'd say about that, I haven't tried to push myself, but I can do about 15 dips in a row, and about 6 sets of them. but I weigh like 175 or so right now, that's a lot more weight to be pulling. I'm going to make a chart this week at home to post my Max's, and rep max's so far. My leg press is still over 630+ (did 630 6 times) And my calf raise is probably about 450 or so still, and squats still have to be above 270, maybe around 360 or so max. But i'll confirm later in the week.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-12-04, 04:28 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'd say about that, I haven't tried to..."
Its all how you train the body. When i started working out 4 years ago, i was only able to do 10 pullups (both neutral, close grip and wide grib) Now i can do easily 90 (30 of each variety). The key is to make sure that you use the ying-yank effect when working out ( for instance, i will work out my chest and back (shoulders included) together, biceps and tricpes together, and front legs and back legs). You have to make sure that the weight is similar on both sides (for instance, when i started, i could bench press 180 pounds and could only row about 145. Now i can do 250 bench and 235 row (still getting closer).

Even more important then weight lifting is calorie/ food intake. Ive seen other threads about this, so i wont have to get detailed, but i follow the abs power diet. Just make sure that while you are training to take in 50% protein, 40% carbs, and 10% fat. Then when cutting up, you take 60% protein, 30% carbs and 10% fat (all based on calories). If you want more of an explination, start another thread and ill post examples and meals that i eat throughout the day.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-12-07, 09:37 AM in reply to D3V's post "300 Spartan Workout Routine"
How is this working out so far?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-12-08, 01:59 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "How is this working out so far?"
hahaha awesome. i tried this a while back and it took me around 2 weeks of trying this over and over again to actually complete it, if anyone wanted to get from unfit to fit this is the best way to go about it, i knew a few people who did this to try and gain muscle mass which was quite stupid since this is designed to be an overall fitness and endurance test. one hell of a workout too! goodluck with it all D3V
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2008-12-08, 07:49 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I guess it has do with the proportion..."
Wallow said: [Goto]
I guess it has do with the proportion of your weight versus your muscle strength.

I can do 10 + pull ups, yet I'm about 130 lbs.
Yes, that is very true. I can lateral pull 130 like 25-30 times or so, maybe even more.

Quote:
How is this working out so far?
I've been at it now 3 times since posting on here, and there has been a continuous soreness about my body, which is an absolutely great feeling. I don't think I will actually make any progress towards 300 for atleast a month, but still i'm feeling good. Other than being sick the past week or so pretty badly, I feel i've made a pretty good start.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-12-08, 08:00 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yes, that is very true. I can lateral..."
How far did you get towards the 300 reps?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav