Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

CD-Key in use by...
Posted 2004-03-01, 02:12 AM
Anyone ever had a problem with their CD-Key being in use (by yourself) after being online for like, 5 days?

I went on vacation and left my bot running. I came back, and signed off, and now I can't log on.

Weird.

Edit: Oddly enough, rebooting my computer corrected the issue, which is rather odd, considering CD-Keys currently in use and such are on the Battle.net servers. Rebooting MY computer shouldn't have done shit.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Vollstrecker; 2004-03-01 at 02:47 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-01, 04:59 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post "CD-Key in use by..."
just wait like couple min, it happens mostly because you log off too quickly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-03-01, 12:17 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "just wait like couple min, it happens..."
It actually persisted for 4 hours. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered posting?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-05, 01:35 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "It actually persisted for 4 hours. ..."
I always had that problem when i used to bot.....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJoka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Joka69

Posted 2004-03-05, 02:11 PM in reply to Joka69's post starting "I always had that problem when i used..."
Happened again yesterday, but I rebooted and it fixed it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-05, 02:12 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post "CD-Key in use by..."
Vollstrecker said:
Edit: Oddly enough, rebooting my computer corrected the issue, which is rather odd, considering CD-Keys currently in use and such are on the Battle.net servers. Rebooting MY computer shouldn't have done shit.
Well, I'm pretty sure the error is due to you still having a stray connection or something to battle.net. It probably auto-resets it after about 5 minutes normally, but it probably doesn't all of the time. Restarting your computer would kill any connection you have with them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-03-05, 02:18 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well, I'm pretty sure the error is due..."
The diablo 2 process was still active.

CTRL + ALT + DELETE and close all instances of: 'Diablo II.exe' and it will fix the problem, instead of rebooting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-03-05, 03:40 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "The diablo 2 process was still active...."
I checked, and had no running D2 processes. Unless it was using svchost or something.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker