Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

Your_Mom's (Thats me!) Melee Necro Guide
Posted 2007-07-06, 05:01 PM
Poison Dagger Necromancer PvP Melee Guide

Explanation:
I love to make new builds people haven’t tried, like my bow sorc I made when the widowmaker came out. I also made a ww/bow assn, she was ok, owned sorcs like she got paid to do it. I do not have Diablo II anymore, I haven’t played since last summer but I have been around since .08 and know my way around which is why I haven’t been able to test this build myself, otherwise I would first and then post the guide if it was worth building. I’ve wanted to build this for a long time now, thinking it could honestly do some serious ownage and be quite original. However after making this guide I am going to be quite honest with you, unless you have a lot of funds to get the expensive charms and want a build virtually no one else has on BNet to try out, then I URGE YOU TO BUILD THIS, otherwise I wouldn’t waste the time and money for something that may turn out to be crap.

This build is a pure melee build, like a zealot or a concentration barb. Thus it has its obvious flaws, it’s meant to only duel those builds, however, if you were to put on a wiz spike, spirit and a shako this would turn into a pure poison nova necro. Which is nice since if this build does fail, you can change it by just re-equipping it. In theory what I would hope this build to accomplish against the cookie cutter conc barbs and zealots: massive AR plus massive DPS (dmg per second) will allow you to 2-3 hit KO bitches.

Table of Contents:
1………….Break Point Goals
2………….Stats Allocation
3………….Skill Allocation
4………….Recommended Gear
5………….Charms
6………….Calculations (AR and Life)
7………….Current Stats
8………….After thoughts
9………….Basic Strategies

1) Breakpoint Goals:
Necromancer

FHR Frames
0% 13
5% 12
10% 11
16% 10
26% 9
39% 8
56% 7
86% 6
152% 5

FBR Frames
0% 11
6% 10
13% 9
20% 8
32% 7
52% 6
86% 5

Weapon Speed Calc:
58% - 11 fps – 2.2 attacks per second
99% - 10 fps – 2.5 attacks per second

Damage Reduction: 50%

2) Stats Allocation:
Strength: None, total with equip should be 186
Dexterity: 206 to get max block at level 85 with SS
• 25 from Shadow Dancers
• 10 from Gloves (hopefully at least)
• 25 to start with
• Must put in 146 points for setup 2
• Setup 2: 20 from Raven Frost
• Must put in 126 points
Vita: Rest, start with 15
• At level 85 will be around 294
• Plus 40 from Dungos
• Plus 40 from Anni and Torch
Energy: None

3) Skill Points Allocation:
• 20 Poison Dagger
• 20 Poison Explosion
• 20 Poison Nova
• 20 Bone Wall
• 1 into Bone Armor, and other pre-req’s
• 1 into Lower Resist and its pre-req’s
• Rest into Bone prison or Lower Resist

4) Equipment:

Shield:
• Stormshield w/ Shael

Weapon:
• Fury Fanged Knife: Very Fast Attack Speed 13-57 dmg
+209% Enhanced Damage
40% Increased Attack Speed
Prevent Monster Heal
66% Chance Of Open Wounds
33% Deadly Strike
Ignore Target's Defense
-25% Target Defense
20% Bonus To Attack Rating
6% Life Stolen Per Hit
+5 To Frenzy (Barbarian Only

Armor:
• Enigma MP 55 strength req 410-524 def

Helm:
• Andariels Helm socketed:
• Setup 1: with Cham (cannot be frozen)
• Setup 2: with Shael (20% FHR)

Gloves:
• Anything with 20ias + 10dex (optionally but recommended) and + 13 or more to strength, also crushing blow and life is a nice addition but not required

Belt:
• Verdungo’s
Amulet:
• Angelic

Ring 1:
• Angelic

Ring 2 setup 1:
• Angelic

Ring 2 setup 2:
• Raven Frost

Boots:
• Shadow Dancers

Switch:
• CTA
• Spirit Shield

Stash (optional):
• Shako
• Wiz Spike/Hoto
• Trang gloves
• Arach
• 2x Soj
• You will hit 125fcr with wiz and spirit
• +2 skill ammy

5) Charms:

Small Charms Setup 1:
• Anni w/ 20 to stats
• 23x 3/20/5% FHR
• 13x 3/20/20 to life
Small Charms Setup 2:
• Anni w/ 20 to stats
• 19x 3/20/5% FHR
• 17x 3/20/20 to life

Large Charms:
• Torch w/ 20 to stats

6) Calculations:

Calculated Life at level 85 with setup 1:
• 289 + 40 (Dungos) + 40 (Annie + Torch) = 369 * 2 = 738 life
• 738 + 20 (Angelic) + 75 (Angelic) + 260 (SC’s) = 1,093 + 5% = 1,147 Life
• With 6bo CTA, Spirit, Enigma, Andy’s Helm = level 12 BO 68% = 1,926 Life

Calculated AR at level 85 with setup 1:
• 1020 (Angelic) x2 + 720 (SC’s) = 2760
• 20% (Fury) + 570% (Psn Dagger) = 590%
25,840 AR

Calculated Life at level 85 with setup 2:
• 309 + 40 + 40 = 389 * 2 = 778
• 778 + 20 + 75 + 340 = 1213 + 5% = 1,273 Life
• With BO = 2,139

Calculated AR at level 85 with setup 2:
• 1020 + 250 (Raven) + 720 = 1990
• 20% + 570% = 590%
20,527 AR

Calculated Defense at level 85
• 458 (SS) + 1036 (Enigma) + 144 (SD) + 158 (Dungos) + 387 (Andy’s Helm) = 2183 Def

Setup 1 vs. Setup 2:
Setup 1 has 5,313 more AR
Setup 2 has 213 more life

7) Current stats:
FHR: 30% (Shadow D) + 10% (Dungos) + 115% (SC’s) = 155%
Or Setup2:
FHR: 30% (Shadow D) + 20% (Andy’s Helm) + 10% (Dungos) + 95% (SC’s) = 155%
FBR: 55% (SS w/Shael)
IAS: 40% (Fury) + 20% (Andys Helm) = 60%
DR: 35% (SS) + 15% (Dungos) + 8% (Enigma) = 58%
Bone Armor: 715 damage absorb
Poison Dagger: 14,212-14,883 over 12.8 seconds, Attack: +570%
Lower Resist: -54%

8) Thoughts:

…I’d go with the increased AR (Setup 1)…you want to only hit them twice, 1 to inflict the poison and 1 to kill them (theoretically). Your lack of defense, life, IAS, only gives you a slight chance to inflict the damage you need to deal. Also your DR, Block, and Bone armor only gives you a small window of opportunity to inflict the damage before they destroy you…remember you are a huge underdog, however you also have them at a disadvantage…you got (hopefully) more AR and massive damage per second. The majority of zealots and conc barbs usually roll up with 15-18k AR…you have 25k. The one major flaw of this build that could prove to be its downfall…is a total lack of defense.

9) Basic Strategies:

Melee only duels:
• Cast lower resistance and duel away
• If they get to one health and run away, bone prison followed by poison nova or just poison nova…be a man finish the duel, I say.
• If your getting BM’d by smite or ww, something not pure melee…poison nova will own these melee builds…not to mention iron maiden and bone wall/prison. Also decrep can really piss people off. Don’t forget you are a very dangerous BM person, you can make people cry if you want but I wouldn’t recommend it unless you are being BM’d first. Have caster gear in stash just in case things get ugly 

Non-Melee duels:
• Go to stash re-equip  Poison nova time!

Rate this guide please! Any thoughts suggestions, I'm all ears
XboxLive: x2xExZ

D2jsp: Your_Mom
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2007-07-06, 05:18 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post "Your_Mom's (Thats me!) Melee Necro Guide"
Very nice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-07-06, 05:20 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Very nice."
Damn, If I still played D2 i'd be forced to try that shit out, actually I think we may still have it sitting around......

HMMM

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-07-10, 05:09 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Damn, If I still played D2 i'd be..."
Yeah I love making new builds thats why I love d2 so much...I think I may be coming back...(insert shocked smiley here)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2007-07-10, 05:16 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "Yeah I love making new builds thats why..."
I used to have one of these a long time ago (early 1.10 I think). Most of the time 1 connected hit would poison them down to 1 life, but a real melee class tends to kill you rather quickly if you're in a 'Melee' duel and not supposed to be actively avoiding your opponent.

It was a weak Pub build, but amusing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-10, 07:02 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "Yeah I love making new builds thats why..."
SlickFic04 said:
Yeah I love making new builds thats why I love d2 so much...I think I may be coming back...(insert shocked smiley here)
Joe, hoh and me started up accounts. I'm botting a lot but I get on my pally a bit and joe gets on a bit. Holler at us if you need help on East ladder. *timmay1113 is mine... don't remember theirs off the top of my head.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2007-07-11, 03:37 AM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "Joe, hoh and me started up accounts...."
Thanks I'll let you know when I start playing again, should be in a few weeks. And yeah this is a rather weak underdog build, i just feel that if I built it and actually won a duel vs. a zealot or conc barb once, it made it all worth it.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

SlickFic04

Posted 2007-07-11, 05:03 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "Thanks I'll let you know when I start..."
It'll wreck real melee, similar to Javazons in that respect. However, since it's not mostly physical damage, it's considered BM.

(Assuming the rules are still the same, since I quit 3 years ago.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker