Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post In need of good UD/Orc strat
Posted 2004-01-07, 06:32 AM
Anyone have any good ideas for a UD/Orc AT strategy for TFT?

Our current plan is my friend masses a few ghouls, and I mass some trolls, and we go roll. Beyond that, I just keep pumping trolls and he switches to Fiends. Unfortunately, this hasn't gotten us past lvl 3. It seems to be an all-or-nothing deal.

Just mainly looking for some pointers. Usual hero setup is Far Seer and Crypt Lord. I can also supply replays for an example.

Thanks for any help!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-01-18, 10:17 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post "In need of good UD/Orc strat"
im in ROC and not tft but it's pretty much the same. i go crypt, zig ,crypt ,altar. keeppumping ghouls get dl ill have more than 12 ghouls by 1 and half day in war3 time from the begining of the game. then i attack. if you 1 on 1 then crypt, zig ,altar grave, halls of dead, crypt, fiends. dread lord then dk and if you want lich. but basically i win in the first 5 minutes so i dont worry much about later. and i expand like crazy while i rush/harass/distract.

Naruto Rocks
naruto sig coming up next!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
allanonx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenallanonx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

allanonx

Posted 2004-01-24, 05:14 AM in reply to allanonx's post starting "im in ROC and not tft but it's pretty..."
Me and my buddy usually roll like this:

He pumps out a Death Knight and like 5-7 ghouls

I pop out a Far Seer and hit the Trolls early on, as they're cheaper ad faster to build than grunts. Usually get 4-5.

Then we rush sometime early in first night.

I can provide a replay, if you wish.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-01-24, 08:48 AM in reply to allanonx's post starting "im in ROC and not tft but it's pretty..."
I don't understand why you wouldn't put up altar first... The first hero is free, and it's important to have him to creep first.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-01-24, 02:44 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "I don't understand why you wouldn't put..."
Was that in reply to me? I always hit and altar and a burrow first. When I get the money. then I start my barracks. Anyway, I need my Spirit Wolves to scout for me anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-01-24, 07:40 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Was that in reply to me? I always hit..."
Yes altar borrow first comes first with orc. Dont need for scout you can tell by the map where abouts your opponents are. Just use your spirit wolves to go to their base and target the hero with them while you micro your hero around. My friend has a HHunter strat which works all the time his level 24. For undead gouls is no thnx just go cyptfiends, easy to micro.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2004-01-25, 07:17 PM in reply to Pekson's post starting "Yes altar borrow first comes first with..."
Well, the point of the ghouls is that you can get them FAST. We go for speed, normally, instead of hitting power... That may be our problem.

Also, if we're 2v2-ing on a 6-8 player map, it's kinda necessary to scout while I'm building Trolls.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-01-25, 07:22 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Well, the point of the ghouls is that..."
Ghouls die too quickly. No point using DK death coil on those weaklings. Just have 3 ghouls on wood and that is all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2004-01-25, 07:30 PM in reply to Pekson's post starting "Ghouls die too quickly. No point using..."
Pekson said:
Ghouls die too quickly. No point using DK death coil on those weaklings. Just have 3 ghouls on wood and that is all.
I know they die easily. When they got my trolls backing, we usually end up doing alright. Of course, this only really works well on small maps though.

So, my friend rolling on UD needs to switch to Fiends? That'll set us behind a little bit, but it may work a bit better. IF he switches to Fiends, should I switch to Gruntapult?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-01-26, 05:17 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I know they die easily. When they got..."
It either you use Headhunters whole game with Tauren or gruntapult dont switch. It will work far better if your friend goes fiends with statues. If he goes fiends go grunt tauren and healers or the bloodlust casters. You both can use ranged if you want, coz your friend can have ABOMS.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Pekson

Posted 2004-01-26, 02:46 PM in reply to Pekson's post starting "It either you use Headhunters whole..."
He always has a few statues along with his army. I'm assuming you want him to develop Destroyer form, as an anti-air measure? My Tauren aren't going to do anything versus air. Normally, my favorite setup includes: 2-3 Heroes / A few Grunts(Taurens late-game) / A lot of Headhunters/Berserkers / A group of casters.

Problem is, we either win or lose as a result of our beginning rush.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-01-26, 04:26 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "He always has a few statues along with..."
That isnt a bad idea voll but as pekson said they die fast... so might not help alot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2004-01-26, 06:25 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "That isnt a bad idea voll but as pekson..."
My friend is logging on tonight, we'll try some new builds against computer to get them fast. I'll post results later.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-01-26, 09:06 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post "In need of good UD/Orc strat"
omg!! everyone here are high, drunk, or newbs... ghouls dont die if you have dread lord..idiots.. vamp aura.. you only need maximum of 2 ghouls on wood...by the end of the first day i have 12 ghouls out dreadlord and dk coming with crypt fiends in the making..never altar first in ud. i usually go crypt, zig, crypt, altar..never lost that way
newbs...no offence but you guys just dont know how to play ud

Naruto Rocks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
allanonx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenallanonx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

allanonx

Posted 2004-01-26, 09:35 PM in reply to allanonx's post starting "omg!! everyone here are high, drunk, or..."
Allanonx VAMP AURA dont do SH$#@....2 ghouls on wood isnt enough to sustain a FIEND build =\ but probably sustain a crappy ghoul build. High? drunk? are you kidding your the high drunk one, dont worry you will soon learn the ways of how to play well just like starcraft =\ the day i joined ya clan for a day and PWNED! I do know what im talking about.

Voll yes develop destroyer form only for anti MAGIC especially the abuse from humans with their slow and their area of effect spells. You dont need anti air you have WEB from fiends. Also use destroyer against fairy dragons or watever negative spells they have on ur units.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Pekson

Posted 2004-01-26, 11:11 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post "In need of good UD/Orc strat"
well..im on roc so..i dont know any about tft.. iplayed tft once and it's pretty much the same but i get statues... anyways...2 is enough because while i build up to 12 ghouls i have all the ghouls harvest and i have about 2k to 3k i think..lumber..so it works..and i go to crypt fiend right after and then gargs too for fun like 6 gargs 12 fiends 6 ghouls
dk dl..and i rool with it..but it's roc it might be diff in tft

Naruto Rocks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

allanonx

Posted 2004-01-27, 12:34 AM in reply to allanonx's post starting "well..im on roc so..i dont know any..."
Didnt know you were on ROC, yes it is different.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Pekson

Posted 2004-01-27, 05:04 AM in reply to Pekson's post starting "Didnt know you were on ROC, yes it is..."
volls, if you want to go early game like that youll want sleep over carrion, and use vamp aura for mana reasons. the only way to win with ghouls is sleep surround, they are weak units but they are meant for en masse or early game, my friend and i go huntress ghoul, early game we sleep/entangle and surround and it gets us levels while their heroes rebuild, post a replay if you need anything else, and i can post too
Nemo me impune lacessit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Maleficus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMaleficus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Maleficus

Posted 2004-01-27, 04:57 PM in reply to Maleficus's post starting "volls, if you want to go early game..."
Basically, I'm looking for a good early game rush that will not cost us the game if we lose. Maybe it's our timing on a tp out???
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-01-27, 05:25 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Basically, I'm looking for a good early..."
If your thinking about rush with ghouls and watever it really only works against NE. Unless your opponents are real crap. If somone going ghouls then his ally must be human or orc and go tower rush em. Mostly NE opponent it will work.

Dont even use TP unless you really have to, all you guys are just wasting your money.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Pekson