Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Post Incest. wrong? i don't think so.
Posted 2009-01-29, 11:59 PM
my main question is: Why is it illegal?

Maybe it's because I am a male with no sisters and hence have nobody to look at me across the table with a wary eye come Thanksgiving dinner, but I don't understand why incest between adults is illegal.

I don't understand why it is outlawed by the state. And I have yet to hear an intelligent argument against it. At Slate, William Saletan asks, if gay sex is private, why isn't incest?

Let's leave adultery and polygamy out of it for the moment. Let's set aside morality and stick to law. And let's grant that being attracted to a gender is more fundamental than being attracted to a family member. If gay sex is too private to be banned, the same can't be said of incest. Can you give me a reason?

The easy answer--that incest causes birth defects--won't cut it. Birth defects could be prevented by extending the sibling marriage by a few generations or by having proof of infertility.

If one falls in some of those categories, why should the law prohibit you from marrying your sibling?

Imagine there is a brother and a sister. They are adults. Neither one is capable of having children. They want to jump each other's bones.

Why shouldn't they be allowed to

A) Get married, and/or

B) Have all the sex they want?

I'm creeped out by a lot of legal behaviors. Being creeped out isn't a solid reason for a law, is it? If that's the case, we'll have to allow that possibly a majority of people are creeped out by the thought of gay butt fucking, so that should be illegal, too.

Most people condemn incest as wrong, but struggle to give a factual proof that it is wrong.

And don't bring me that "the bible said so" excuse.

Anyone who's read the bible knows that god allowed incest, because only 3 humans were alive.

Adam, Eve, and Cain. (after he killed his brother)

God later stopped incest, because of the gene pool degeneration.

But that's besides the point, if the law can now accept homosexuality as something "it's their business, not my fucking problem" Why must the law prevent incestuous relationships?

I see no real reason, and i wish for someone to give me a fact solid enough to tell me i shouldn't practice incest with my cousins.

Last edited by kyeruu; 2009-02-03 at 11:49 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu