Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

D2 LAN party...
Posted 2004-11-07, 05:53 PM
Getting my new computer soon, and that'll bring my total up to 4 decent computers, needless to say I've always wanted to show my friends around D2.

What complications do you think will happen trying to teach some newbs D2?

What should/shouldn't I do when hosting this party (if I do), I don't want to be too pushy... "NO POINTS IN ENERGY NEWBS!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-11-07, 05:58 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "D2 LAN party..."
i remember when i first started out in d2 i was putting points in everything, all the skills, make sure they know what skills are useless and what skills they need, also for stat points make sure they now what to put in for stat points as i just randomly put those in when i first started out
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2004-11-07, 06:19 PM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "i remember when i first started out in..."
I think we'll play a few iron-man games then go for a party kinda thing... not sure though.

It's gonna be pretty lame if I just keep lecturing them on what to do; I don't know if this should be a FUN learning expirience or a FUN competative expirience
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-11-07, 06:38 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "D2 LAN party..."
YOu have to teach them that hotkeys and synergies. TEll them about all the scams in case they want to play on the realms. Tell them about ALWAYS checking items before they trade.

I just woke up, that's all I can think of.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-11-07, 07:23 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "YOu have to teach them that hotkeys and..."
Bwahahahaha, I wanna come! *nudge nudge* Invite meeeeeeee! Well, uhm....I don't really know things you should teach people, maybe just let them play by themselves, and monitor what they're all doing for the first 30 minutes or so?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SurrealWaking is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSurrealWaking is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SurrealWaking

Posted 2004-11-07, 07:36 PM in reply to SurrealWaking's post starting "Bwahahahaha, I wanna come! *nudge..."
But ofcourse you can come Jesse, I'm thinking about waiting until you got your PC so I can have a few people who know what they're doing there.

None of them will play on the realms, I'm fairly sure... so theres about 5 hours of explaining pain and agony saved.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-11-07, 07:37 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "But ofcourse you can come Jesse, I'm..."
Damn those realms, DAMN THEM!

I played without any info of scams and such, baw. x_X Not fun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SurrealWaking is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSurrealWaking is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SurrealWaking

Posted 2004-11-07, 07:43 PM in reply to SurrealWaking's post starting "Damn those realms, DAMN THEM! I..."
Yes, it sucks quite a bit. I got all my items on my sorc stolen twice. Luckily I recovered and have knowledge of scammers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-11-08, 04:27 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Yes, it sucks quite a bit. I got all my..."
Instead of playing D2, play CS or any FPS, you'll have much more fun than playing D2

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-11-08, 05:26 PM in reply to ExT's post starting "Instead of playing D2, play CS or any..."
Unfortunately, I still haven't recovered, much less learn any info of the scams. =_=
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

SurrealWaking

Posted 2004-11-08, 08:25 PM in reply to SurrealWaking's post starting "Unfortunately, I still haven't..."
ExT, OFCOURSE we'll also play those games... didn't ask for that kinda suggestion, stay on topic
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-11-08, 08:30 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "ExT, OFCOURSE we'll also play those..."
idk, maybe play open for the first time? Like so you don't have to level?
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-11-08, 08:47 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "ExT, OFCOURSE we'll also play those..."
Haha. Hack them some 1337 characters. That's always fun if you really want to do it. Provides ~1 hour of fun before you get bored.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-11-08, 09:15 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Haha. Hack them some 1337 characters...."
We'll be playing single player... no hacking -.-
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-11-08, 10:01 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "We'll be playing single player... no..."
Hey Eric, why don't we just have me rock you like I did in SC? Any idea who's all coming?

Also, quick question. Is D2 even worth playing on Realms anymore, or is becoming almost obsolete, sort of like SC?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

SurrealWaking

Posted 2004-11-09, 04:19 AM in reply to SurrealWaking's post starting "Hey Eric, why don't we just have me..."
I find d2 realm playing still fun, as long as friends are on. Solo is is boring, but dueles make it tolerable.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-11-09, 11:27 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I find d2 realm playing still fun, as..."
I feel exactly the same Sov.

And Jesse, I'm not entirely sure... I'm thinking I need more computers // it's not going to happen lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-11-10, 09:52 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "I feel exactly the same Sov. And..."
Get me hired somewhere and we'll have 5 computers, dude. ^.^ And do you mean the lan party, or the me rocking you?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

SurrealWaking

Posted 2004-11-12, 05:12 PM in reply to SurrealWaking's post starting "Get me hired somewhere and we'll have 5..."
BOTH!

Newbified.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-11-12, 10:19 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "BOTH! Newbified."
It was sorta fun playing on the realms at first when i was a noob. I believed everything and was awed by stuff that now is just lame. I miss those days when I valued a 400 def armor :P.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon