Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

My new computer, did i get ripped?
Posted 2003-03-27, 01:56 PM
This is my new computer specs + A pic of it. I bought it for $535, all the parts are being sent to me in one shipment, i gotta put it together. Tell me what you think.

Intel Penitum 4 2.4Ghz 533Mhz FSB wtih 512k L2 Cache Retail Boxed Processor with Original Intel Fan and 3 Year Warranty

ECS P4S5ADX+ Socket 478 DDR with 533Mhz Front Side Bus DDR 333 Support (Award Winning SIS 645DX Chipset) Mobo

Deluxe NEON LIGHT ATX CASE with 420 Watt Intel and AMD approved Power Supply And Four USB 2.0 Ports (2 Front and 2 Rear)

Geforce 4 MX440 64MB Video Card with TV Out

One Stick of 512MB DDR 333 PC-2700 Memory Upgradeable to 2GB DDR333
(35% faster than DDR 266 PC-2100 memory)

80GB 7200rpm ATA100 Hard Drive (Western Digital, Hitachi (Former IBM), Maxtor, Seagate, etc)

16X Lite-On DVD ROM Drive with PowerDVD Software
Lite On 48X24X48X CD Burner (CDRW) with Nero CD version 5.4 Software (Burn Proof Technology)

CMedia 3D Full Duplex Sound with 64 Voice Wavetable and Game Ports

10/100Mbs Fast Ethernet Network Card (DSL AND CABLE Ready)

3.5" 1.44MB Floppy Drive

Comes with all cables + drivers for all hardware

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Oridus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOridus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Oridus

Posted 2003-03-27, 02:27 PM in reply to Oridus's post "My new computer, did i get ripped?"
sounds like a pretty good deal, where did u get it from?
LLAMAS RULE!!! LLAMAS RULE!!! EVERYONE SHOULD WORSHIP LLAMAS!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MadLlama69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMadLlama69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MadLlama69

Posted 2003-03-27, 02:31 PM in reply to Oridus's post "My new computer, did i get ripped?"
hook me up, ima get one of those is it's that cheap
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2003-03-27, 03:29 PM in reply to Oridus's post "My new computer, did i get ripped?"
Looks good and good price, but you may want to upgrade your video card to a Ti. MX's are basically G3's.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-03-27, 03:42 PM in reply to Oridus's post "My new computer, did i get ripped?"
DaFrigginDoctah said:
Looks good and good price, but you may want to upgrade your video card to a Ti. MX's are basically G3's.
Err... actually they're basically G2's. G3's own em.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-03-27, 08:18 PM in reply to Oridus's post "My new computer, did i get ripped?"
Oridus where did you buy it? thats damn good for all that stuff, the video card alone is like 1/4 of the whole prize.........

i paid $1k for this shit pentium 4, 1.8ghz, 40gb HD, cd drive, tnt2 vidoe card =(

dont ask why, my sis bought it......
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-03-27, 08:33 PM in reply to Oridus's post "My new computer, did i get ripped?"
I'll assemble a system for $550.

2.4 GHZ P4, 533 Bus, 3 Yr Warranty (Same proc as his.) - $160

ASUS P4T533-C MOBO (One of the best) - $140

Two sticks of 256MB RD1066 - $164

WD800JB (80 Gigs) HARD DRIVE (8MB CACHE) 8.9ms Seek - $96

= $560. Im $10 over! Shit!

Anyway, this is all stuff that's not that necessary, but nice.

You got a pretty good deal, I'd say.
If I die it's because I'm lagging.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Aggyrwayter is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAggyrwayter is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Aggyrwayter

Posted 2003-03-28, 05:51 AM in reply to Oridus's post "My new computer, did i get ripped?"
Not a bad deal, however, the video card is far from top of the line, and there's 3200 mhz and 3500 mhz ram out now. Other than that, good deal.

I would reccomend www.cyberpowerinc.com for anyone who wants to buy a computer but can't piece it together. For the build-it-yourself guy, uh.. shop around like the rest of us do foo. www.newegg.com and www.pricewatch.com are goodies.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-03-28, 08:03 AM in reply to Oridus's post "My new computer, did i get ripped?"
but where did he get his?
LLAMAS RULE!!! LLAMAS RULE!!! EVERYONE SHOULD WORSHIP LLAMAS!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MadLlama69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMadLlama69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MadLlama69

Posted 2003-03-28, 02:08 PM in reply to Oridus's post "My new computer, did i get ripped?"
Were in the fuck did you get this computer?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX