Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Cry Gran Turismo "5"
Posted 2007-07-18, 03:53 PM
http://www.gran-turismo.com/

I've been informed by the great members of this community that there is new content arising from E3 having to deal with Gran Turismo, one of the gretest driving simulators, ever....

Now, here's some of the updates...

"Confirmed by Polyphony Digital to be in production and scheduled for a 2008 release, Gran Turismo 5 promises to possibly be the most exacting and detailed racing videogame ever created. Sampler elements will be included as part of Gran Turismo HD's "Premium Mode."

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/857/857126.html

*Screenies*

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/857/8...g_4719857.html
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/857/8...g_4702265.html
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/857/8...g_4702270.html

July 17th Update
July 17, 2007 - Your next taste of Gran Turismo may come a bit earlier than expected. Following an impressive showing at E3 last week, Polyphony flew back to Tokyo in time for today's PlayStation Premiere event where it announced that Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be released to the Japanese market in October!

As for the content set to be included in Prologue, according to Sony's press materials, we can look forward to a variety of cars, including some set to debut at this October's Tokyo Motor Show. The game will also have online play.

The only question is cost. The game's pricing is listed as "TBA," which suggests that it might not end up being the free download that everyone was hoping for following last year's big demo gift.

More details on content and pricing should be arriving shortly, so be sure and check back here at IGNPS3. In the meanwhile, check out the two new screens we've added to our growing media collection

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/805/805611p1.html

That's it for now. This game looks so incredible, so articulate, the graphics are truely amazing. I can't wait to actually get a PS3 and play some of this downloadable content, .. wow.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-07-26, 10:45 AM in reply to D3V's post "Gran Turismo "5""
Some GT5: Prologue details for you:

-A PlayStation Home icon will appear at the top of the menu screen; this allows gamers to drop in an out of the proposed “Gran Turismo Galaxy” by clicking on their respective icons.

-My Page: This icon will appear when you start the game, with Yamauchi adding that he’d also like to include a friend’s list in the final version. Also included on the My Page will be numerous background images of cities; you’ll also be able to determine weather conditions thanks to a weather forecast system in place.

-The game will include 2 online options: one with chat features, and one without.

-40 cars and 4 courses will be available, with each track containing a total of 8 different layouts. Several new courses present in the E3 trailer will be included.

-Cars and courses will not be featured as downloadable content in Prologue.

-According to Yamauchi, the game falls somewhere in between the GT and Arcade modes of previous games. By this, players are able to earn cash by winning races, allowing them to purchase new cars; however, you won’t be able to tune up your own vehicles in the game. Additionally, save data from Prologue can be carried over to the final version of the game.

-A total of 16 cars can compete in offline matches, with a predicted 12 cars during online matches. Lastly, the games controls will be available in two modes; ‘Normal’ and ‘Professional’, based on simulation engine and real-life car physics/behaviour, respectively.

http://www.psu.com/New-Gran-Turismo-...s--a766-p0.php
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-07-26, 10:54 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Some GT5: Prologue details for you: ..."
Man, with every additional detail, it just makes me want to get a PS3 even more and more. I just hope that another price drop comes sooner than later, because that'll definately give me the push to go out and get one. ERRR

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-07-30, 12:23 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Man, with every additional detail, it..."
Hmm. So I was at Circuit City the other day, and got to play some " GT-HD "

Man, that game is amazing, I'm guessing it was the downloaded version or.. whatever. But there was Drift practice, and Regular track practice, both versions we're just absolutely amazing and the graphics we're spectacular, the gameplay was amazing as well.

I definately recommend getting any version of this game ASAP if you already have a PS3, it's very addictive, in a good way.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-07-30, 01:39 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Hmm. So I was at Circuit City the other..."
Yep, that's the downloadable game on PSN.

You get the norma time trial mode, in which you drive along the track trying to beat the computer time. Each time you beat, you unlock the next car - 10 to unlock altogether, I think it is.

Once you've completed that and unlocked the Fezza, then you unlock drift mode, and are able to drive along reversed versions of the track.

You can also tune each car to a certain extent when you unlock it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-07-30, 02:44 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Yep, that's the downloadable game on..."
Yeah I only played it for a short time because I always feel like a dork when I'm standing around playing video games on the setup ones, but still I got a glimpse of what the game has to offer, and like before i'm even more hooked than before.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-08-22, 03:13 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah I only played it for a short time..."
Feast your peepers on this!

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/08/22/...-cockpit-view/

In-cockpit footage from Leipzig Games Conference.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-22, 03:16 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Feast your peepers on this! ..."
Hooooollyy..... Shiiitt...

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-08-23, 02:00 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Hooooollyy..... Shiiitt..."
Goddamn! That's sexy!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-08-24, 01:52 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Goddamn! That's sexy!"
I've been waiting for this damn game to come out you have no idea. The online aspect still is what i've really been loathing over.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-09-14, 09:20 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I've been waiting for this damn game to..."
The guy at Game Stop over this past weekend told me Febuary 5th, 2010.

Quote:
[b]General Features [b]

A first for the franchise, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue supports online racing with up to 16 drivers racing simultaneously on a beautifully rendered race track

Race up to 50 high-performance and exhaustively detailed cars, including vehicles from Ferrari, Lotus, Nissan and Mitsubishi

Race on stunningly realistic tracks, including the Eiger Nordwand, the London City Track and Suzuka – then race them in reverse and with alternative routes

A new physics engine delivers next-generation vehicle handling. True to the heritage of the Gran Turismo franshise, this new physics engine provides unprecedented realism and authentic handling specific to each car

A new in-cockpit view provides a unique perspective for racers and features a customized dashboard for each of the cars in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

All-new and improved opponent AI for a nail-biting and more strategic race racing experience

Multiplayer Functions

Online Versus Multiplayer (16 players)
Online Multiplayer
Support Functions
16:9 Support
480p Support
1080i Support
1080p Support
Dolby Digital

Gran Turismo 5
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Platform: PlayStation 3
Release Date: Q4 2009
Release Region: United States

Gran Turismo 5
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Platform: PlayStation 3
Release Date: December 2009
Release Region: United Kingdom
Still no official date, yet.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-10-25, 10:10 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "The guy at Game Stop over this past..."
Okay for the past 4-5 months the release date was set at November 2nd in US and Nov 5th and 8th throughout the rest of the Globe. That date is going to be pushed back once again past November and they once again say they hope to have it out before Christmas. What a joke.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-11-22, 02:04 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Okay for the past 4-5 months the..."
The "official" date is now Nov 24th. Two days from now. Makes sense to launch it before 'black friday' given they could probably sell 10 million copies in a single day if they have played their cards right. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I know i'll be getting it.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V