Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Question Are Bowazons Good anymore?
Posted 2004-10-08, 07:46 PM
I used a bowazon in 1.09 but I have yet to make one in 1.10, I just recently read a Freezing Arrow/Strafeazon Pit Runner guide and it sounded good but i just want to know if anyone has tried this build in 1.10 and i want to know how effectively it can kill, maybe a good/bad list or something like that, btw the skill layout is: 20 Strafe, 20 Freezing Arrow, 20 cold arrow (synergy), 20 Valk, the rest spread in the passive and magic tree based on equipment choices and personal preferance if you have tried it out b4 please help me I dont want to waste time on a char that cant kill, Thanx.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Psytool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPsytool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Psytool

nah..
Posted 2004-10-09, 10:02 AM in reply to Psytool's post "Are Bowazons Good anymore?"
Psytool said:
I used a bowazon in 1.09 but I have yet to make one in 1.10, I just recently read a Freezing Arrow/Strafeazon Pit Runner guide and it sounded good but i just want to know if anyone has tried this build in 1.10 and i want to know how effectively it can kill, maybe a good/bad list or something like that, btw the skill layout is: 20 Strafe, 20 Freezing Arrow, 20 cold arrow (synergy), 20 Valk, the rest spread in the passive and magic tree based on equipment choices and personal preferance if you have tried it out b4 please help me I dont want to waste time on a char that cant kill, Thanx.
Nah, sorry buddy.. i just wouldn't reccomend it.. if anything i'd go java
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
xWolfPack69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenxWolfPack69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

xWolfPack69

Posted 2004-10-09, 02:43 PM in reply to xWolfPack69's post "nah.."
have you tried this build b4? I know Java is good but i have not tried it in 1.10 either, and with java its hard to kill light immunes, right?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Psytool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPsytool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Psytool

Posted 2004-10-09, 02:56 PM in reply to Psytool's post starting "have you tried this build b4? I know..."
Or you can try something new and unique
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-10-09, 05:15 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "Or you can try something new and unique..."
I know new and unique = fun, but i ned a pit runner so i can get good items to beat my big mouthed friends, besides I wanna find good items for a change and im just hoping someone has tried this build b4 and tell me if its any good, and if it isnt maybe they could post a better pit runner perhaps
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Psytool

Posted 2004-10-09, 06:32 PM in reply to Psytool's post starting "I know new and unique = fun, but i ned..."
Good pit runner is a hammerdin. He can kill everything, also with Nigma and mf find gear still does good damage.

Also a good bowazon could do 7k damage if you have the right amount of charms. With a chance to do double damage, however they are that great a build, anymore.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-10-11, 06:50 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Good pit runner is a hammerdin. He can..."
actually i beg to differ, my bowzon was leet she had Wf (40/15), 160/60ias, 120/45ias, dracs, gores, highlords, gay rings, and 6 175pdlg's 3 290's and some gay 50's, she had a base of 7k guided arrow and multi shot was nice with the knockback form wf so yes bowzons are good now as long as ur not fighting poison immunes as thats were a chunk of ur damage comes from
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
FF-Take Me Out is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFF-Take Me Out is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

FF-Take Me Out

Posted 2004-10-11, 06:54 PM in reply to FF-Take Me Out's post starting "actually i beg to differ, my bowzon was..."
My zon uses the following (Shes lvl 82 atm)

160/60 ias wif 98 to life (all blue jewels )
120/45 ias (all blue jewels )
.08 um'd wf (for open wounds)
Crafted Gloves
Crafted Belt
Crafted Ring
Highlords/cats eye
raven frost
War travs

And has eth titans / ss on wep switch.

She uses 30 3/20/5% frw sc's, 8x 290's and an ANNI.

At lvl 82, she does 7,000 dmg, 5,000 of which is physical based. (approx). Shes got a high chance of crit strike as well.

Only people i have problems with is aa druids, certain necros, and palas who charge me. Other then that, shes FUN as hell to duel with, and fun. So yes, they are still good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-10-11, 10:59 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "My zon uses the following (Shes lvl 82..."
You know Schar would tear up your baby Bowzon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-11, 11:03 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "My zon uses the following (Shes lvl 82..."
Sovereign said:
Only people i have problems with is aa druids, certain necros, and palas who charge me. Other then that, shes FUN as hell to duel with, and fun. So yes, they are still good.

:'(
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-10-12, 06:32 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting ":rolleyes: :'("
Sovereign said:
Sovereign said:
:'(

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ScamAlot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenScamAlot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ScamAlot

Posted 2004-10-12, 01:26 PM in reply to ScamAlot's post starting ":rolleyes:"
They're fine for PvM until Hell, and then things get dicey unless you have the good gear to work with. If you are poor or do not trade a lot it can be a challenge to play with any degree of success in some parts of Hell. They are always a fun character to use and I find no problems doing Pit runs with mine. I would have to say they were more dominating in 09 than in 10, but that's the way the game goes. Today it is the age of the Pally and Necro, or at least it seems that way in all the public games I go to.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Princess_Hibed is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPrincess_Hibed is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Princess_Hibed

Posted 2004-10-12, 01:35 PM in reply to Princess_Hibed's post starting "They're fine for PvM until Hell, and..."
depends on j00 g34r...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ScamAlot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenScamAlot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ScamAlot

Posted 2004-10-12, 03:32 PM in reply to ScamAlot's post starting "depends on j00 g34r..."
hmmm mav/strafe zons can be decent pvm and pit runners. They tend not to have enough mf though
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wilma

Posted 2004-10-12, 04:44 PM in reply to wilma's post starting "hmmm mav/strafe zons can be decent pvm..."
When you pit, you mainly look for items like runes or socketable goods, so you won't need that much MF anyways.

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-10-12, 07:13 PM in reply to ExT's post starting "When you pit, you mainly look for items..."
Use these:

Botd Crusader
Um'd Gaze
160/60 Wyrm or Dusk or ANY JEWELERS PLATE OF THE WHALE
SoulSpurs
Any +2 Ama skills with life+leech+Ias
2x C-grips or other rings
Highlords
3/20/20 DONT USE 290's

Try this..

or for the not so rich peeps

Um'd Wf
Um'd Gaze
Dracs
Highlords
Ravenfrosts
Travs
String or Nos
legit non psn charms for MAX damage

i find this to work descent.. my botd crusader+40/15'd gaze+160/60 +97 life wyrm+dracs+soulspurs+NoS+Highlords+2x BkRings+a few 32020's owned all of the pit..

skills:
Strafe -second
Guided -Last
Critical -First
Charged Strike 10 -third
Dodge 5 -4th
Avoid 5 -4th
Evaid 5 -4th
Valk rest..

About like 120 Strngth
120 dex
Rest vit no energy..

stats mite be wrong havnt seen her since i dismantled her..

oh yes..

use Titans+Ss on switch for those ones u cant kill with bow

Cruasder for the nova
`~Working in the Mortuary Affairs field isn't so bad. It pays for my 2009 Scion tC, so I can't complain.~`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJoka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Joka69

Posted 2004-10-13, 02:15 AM in reply to Joka69's post starting "Use these: Botd Crusader Um'd Gaze..."
if you're making a freezing arrow zon, i suggest you go with the mav'ina set, you'll need the +skills to do some decent damage.

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT