Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Baby Steps
Posted 2005-08-18, 07:31 PM
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:H.R.3037:

I vote pass.

Great energy source.

Hey George Washington did it, hell all that shit they taught you in school about the forefathers 'tobacco' farming was not true.

It was hemp.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-08-18, 08:08 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "Baby Steps"
The page Chrome linked said:
`(B) The term `marihuana' does not include industrial hemp. As used in the preceding sentence, the term `industrial hemp' means the plant Cannabis sativa L. and any part of such plant, whether growing or not, with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration that does not exceed 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis.'.
Well...Atleast it's better than nothing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2005-08-18, 08:15 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "Well...Atleast it's better than nothing."
What happens to the not-hemp parts of the plants that are grown?

I want them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-08-18, 08:25 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "What happens to the not-hemp parts of..."
You guys are a bunch of pathetic potheads, heh. Imagine what your life is like now when it's illegal, and then think about what it would be like if it was legal. It's obviously not controlled tightly for a reason, so little kids like yourself can think you're doing something cool, breaking the law, and to allow a large percentage of the population to become drug addicts as young kids, so we'll have many many idiots to fill the blue collar positions of our great Amrerican workforce.

I'd like a number 10, king sized, and please don't spit on it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2005-08-18, 08:40 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "You guys are a bunch of pathetic..."
S2 AM said:
You guys are a bunch of pathetic potheads, heh. Imagine what your life is like now when it's illegal, and then think about what it would be like if it was legal. It's obviously not controlled tightly for a reason, so little kids like yourself can think you're doing something cool, breaking the law, and to allow a large percentage of the population to become drug addicts as young kids, so we'll have many many idiots to fill the blue collar positions of our great Amrerican workforce.

'the hell?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-08-18, 08:47 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "You guys are a bunch of pathetic..."
S2 AM said:

ROFL.

Moron.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-08-18, 09:02 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "ROFL. Moron."
It's a shame that you have such a low opinion of the smokers, I have a High/higher IQ and I smoke very often...

Just in case you didn't notice.. it's not just the blue collar workforce that indulges... It's everyone.

I think we smoke because of the work, not work because of the smoke...

Anyway, there's no reason to be so negative, otherwise keep that shit to yourself man...

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-08-18, 09:13 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "It's a shame that you have such a low..."
Adrenachrome said:
It's a shame that you have such a low opinion of the smokers, I have a High/higher IQ and I smoke very often...
Typical, very typical.

People who can limit themselves, sure. I've known people who are very intelligent and smoke weed, occasionally. Most people can't limit themselves, though, and spend a lot of time and money and treat it as a hobby. I haven't known many people like that with high IQs. Besides, I'm waiting for Sum Yung Guy's reply anyway.

Oh yea, and the "Einstein Moments," those times that you have a feeling of elevated intelligence when using a mind altering drug, that doesn't account for a high IQ.

Last edited by S2 AM; 2005-08-18 at 09:18 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2005-08-18, 09:18 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "Typical, very typical. :p People..."
Well, I don't think everyone of us smokes 10 bowls a day everyday 365 days out of the year....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-08-18, 09:24 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Well, I don't think everyone of us..."
HandOfHeaven said:
Well, I don't think everyone of us smokes 10 bowls a day everyday 365 days out of the year....
I would say if you smoke weed more than 3 times a week you have a very real problem. If you smoke weed every weekend, you're addicted, but you're not letting it affect your job perhaps, and that's good. If you smoke weed maybe once or twice a month with friends(not in your room by yourself) then I don't really have a problem with you, just keep it to yourself, and don't come to me trying to explain your philosophy of how the raisins in Raisin Bran cereal are the key to life.

Most of you probably don't realize it because you probably don't smoke weed alone, but if you've ever been around someone who is high when you are not, it's very similar to being around someone who is drunk when you are not. Thay think they've come to realize everything about life in the last hour they have been high.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

S2 AM

Posted 2005-08-18, 09:28 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "Typical, very typical. :p People..."
S2 AM said:
Typical, very typical.

People who can limit themselves, sure. I've known people who are very intelligent and smoke weed, occasionally. Most people can't limit themselves, though, and spend a lot of time and money and treat it as a hobby. I haven't known many people like that with high IQs. Besides, I'm waiting for Sum Yung Guy's reply anyway.

Oh yea, and the "Einstein Moments," those times that you have a feeling of elevated intelligence when using a mind altering drug, that doesn't account for a high IQ.
Dude, seriously, I'm personally against smoking for myself, but smoking marijuana does not make you stupid in any way any more than alcohol does. Some of the smartest people I know actually do smoke quite a bit -- staright A students -- and not just straight A because they work hard, these kids are actually fucking geniuses. There's plenty of decent kids that smoke quite a bit if you'll just open your eyes.

It's obviously not controlled tightly for a reason? True. Controlling it tighter would require a lot of resources and manpower. The fact that if you're caught with pot you go to jail is pretty fucking tight in my opinion.

S2 AM, you're generally a pretty smart guy. I don't know why you would make such an asinine insinuation that people who smoke pot are automatically going to have blue collar jobs, or that they are in some way inferior to those who do not smoke pot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-08-18, 09:34 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "I would say if you smoke weed more than..."
Right, what a misconception. I haven't been smoking since July Fourth, most of my friends smoke and I've never noticed this similarity to drunks.

You've fallen head over heels for anti marijuana propaganda, and it shows. But nevermind that, what are you trying to prove? that you're an asshole? Do you have an ego to fill? Untill now you've had some pretty entertaining and informative posts, this thread puts you kinda .. "out there" bro.

I don't even want to get on the addiction comment, it's been shown many times over that there is no addiction issues with marijuana.
Still, nevermind that your heading back to the Halo2 forum and cessation of fight starting would be apreciated.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-08-18, 09:48 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Dude, seriously, I'm personally against..."
Duplicated Message...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

S2 AM

Posted 2005-08-18, 09:48 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Dude, seriously, I'm personally against..."
Mjordan, my favorite person with which to debate things . Very punctual as usual. I don't remember any of the stoners with whom I went to school ever achieving a 4.0 GPA. If they are geniuses, then I believe they would just be throwing thatI went to a large school, so maybe there was someone I didn't know. I'm glad to see you aren't an advocate yourself, that's promising and also a relief.

I realize the punishment for being caught is stiff, but I think you only go to jail if you are caught with a certain amount, which is considered to be dealing. No doubt one of these stoners will correct me with that amount to the ounce. I also realize that controlling it would cause too much a strain on the government, which is already hurting. I've actually seen a special on TV that said people were allowed by the government to smuggle mairjuana over the border from Mexico. Who knows if that's true, it falls right in there with the government dealing with aliens to control the minds of people, or what have you.

Anyhow, I took the liberty of finding this online. For those of you who believe that marijuana is not a Neurotoxin, read on. You may be correct, but I think you would actually be happier with the hypothesis that it's a Neurotoxin.

Quote:
There is evidence that individuals who start to smoke marijuana at an early age—while the brain is still developing—show deficits in cognition which are not seen in individuals who begin use of the drug when they are older. The reasons for this difference are unclear.

Scientists from the Harvard Medical School and from the intramural research program of the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) found lasting cognitive deficits in those who started to smoke marijuana before age 17. The researchers analyzed neuropsychological test results from 122 long-term heavy users of marijuana and 87 subjects who had used marijuana only a few times (control subjects). Sixty-nine of the 122 users started using marijuana at age 17 or before. The subjects were between the ages of 30 and 55 at the time of the study, and all had refrained from any drug use 28 days prior to testing.

Individuals who started using marijuana at age 17 or younger performed significantly worse on the tests assessing verbal functions such as verbal IQ and memory of word lists than did those who started using marijuana later in life or who had used the drug sparingly. There were virtually no differences in test results among the individuals who started marijuana use after age 17 and the control subjects.
The investigators suggest three possible hypotheses that might explain these differences. One possibility is that early-onset smokers had lower innate cognitive skills before they ever started smoking marijuana. A second possibility is poor learning of certain cognitive skills by young users of marijuana who neglect school and academic pursuits. The third and most ominous possibility is that marijuana itself has a neurotoxic effect on the developing brain. According to the authors, further research will be required to determine the relative contributions of these three factors.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

S2 AM

Posted 2005-08-18, 10:05 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "Mjordan, my favorite person with which..."
That's just fine, I agree with that study. Doesn't prove that smokers are idiots however.

Furthermore I'll step up and be the 'stoner' that clears up the charges thing for you.

It varies by state, those that have decriminalized marijuana for medicinal uses have also a higher ammount to warrant jail time, for example North Carolina is 42.5 grams (ounce and a half) to warrant jail time, but the local governments can be much lower, like just a few grams.

Virginia (my commonwealth) has a pretty low tolerance, any ammount can put you in jail.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-08-18, 10:06 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "Duplicated Message..."
http://cannabis.hivemind.net/rtcl-iht-faq.htm#

If you're interested in learning the facts I would suggest reading that. There's a bibliography and everything. It's fact.

You are right, in younger people it does have negative effects on the brain. In adults, it does not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-08-18, 10:17 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Right, what a misconception. I haven't..."
You've never been around someone else who is high(while you are not) and been extremely annoyed?

I've fallen head over heels for anti marijuana propaganda? That's funny, I really haven't seen much of that in my life. Most people, like those who post in this forum, smoke marijuana, so "joining the crowd" as you would say of anti-marijuana people wouldn't be falling head over heels, and it wouldn't be falling to peer pressure. Unlike you, I am less affected by peer pressure.

I also noticed your amateur attempt at psychology,
Quote:
Untill now you've had some pretty entertaining and informative posts, this thread puts you kinda .. "out there" bro.
didn't appreciate it much.

Just to comment, I don't think it's addicting myself, at least not as nicotine or alcohol is, but the high you get is possibly addicting, especially to those who haven't anything better to do with their time.

On a less malicious note, what part of Virginia are you from?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

S2 AM

Posted 2005-08-18, 10:24 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "You've never been around someone else..."
Virginia Beach. Right up the street from Oceana. Well all over Chesapeake, Norfolk, and Va Beach.

Nah, people smokin doesn't ever seem to annoy me, maybe it's because they are 'seasoned smokers'? Dunno..

By the way, what makes me seem like I'm any more affected by peer pressure than you or anyone else?

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-08-18, 11:40 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Virginia Beach. Right up the street..."
Thats why I love mendo county usa its where I lived before the Army.

Quote:
In response to California's Proposition 215, which decriminalized marijuana for medical use in 1996, county law enforcement officials have set up a registration program for patients and their growers. And last year local Mendocino voters approved Measure G, a symbolic call to legalize "personal medical or recreational use."

It's no surprise that this would happen here. Mendocino is at the southern tip of California's famed "Emerald Triangle," where for decades marijuana cultivation has been a cottage industry in the area's rugged gullies and canyons. But lately even local politicians and police seem to have made their peace with the drug. "We deal with it fine," says Mendocino District Attorney Norm Vroman. "It's the rest of the country that's all screwed up."
Theres alot more to read.

Taken from: http://www.mpp.org/news/usn052801.html
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-08-19, 12:11 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Thats why I love mendo county usa ;) ..."
Heh, figures.

Adrenachrome, the reason I would think you are one to fall to peer pressure is that people who smoke marijuana usually don't independently find a dealer and buy it. They were introduced to it by their friends, siblings, or in some sad cases, their parents.

I'm sure I don't have to explain the whole theory behind what peer pressure is and such do I? I thought you could have deduced that yourself, I hope my explanation/insight has helped.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

S2 AM