Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

I need ideas
Posted 2003-11-24, 11:43 AM
I need ideas on how to fix the city gate camping issue. I am sick of hearing bitching from the reds and blues about this issue. I have temp. incressed the guarded area around the city until we can come up with a real fix.

I want to put a stop to the camping of this area, I feel it is really hurting the shard.

#1 newbies are killed soon as they leave the city.
#2 blues attack reds and run back to city's gates.
#3 reds camp the city's gates in hopes of a killing.

Does anyone have ideas on a way to stop this?

I'm breaking the limit inside you, stop begging someone to hide you. I'm breaking the limit inside you, don't run away, bring it on straight to me!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Majere is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMajere is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Majere

Posted 2003-11-24, 11:56 AM in reply to Majere's post "I need ideas"
Ban people for it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-11-24, 12:18 PM in reply to Majere's post "I need ideas"
Y not add a public moongate in town? ppl can then get out without having to run to sumwhere where red's can get @ em. Its alot harder 2 camp every exit 2 a gate and the city. Just a thought
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Postman Pat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPostman Pat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Postman Pat

Posted 2003-11-24, 12:51 PM in reply to Majere's post "I need ideas"
raistlin didnt say he wanted a one sided fix to this, he said he wanted a fix. i can think of none except for people to stop being pussys and move the pvp to somewhere else, it would take a team effort by all pvpers to move the pvp, but i guarentee that blue pvpers will not do this.. why? becuase they use the guardzone as a base to conduct guerilla warfare on reds, w/o guardzone they wont pvp at all.. with a few exceptions all blue pvpers are just reds cheating the system becuase they have no skill.

(as a side note, a faction system might be able to clear this up some, if it comes with the faction reprieve and no blessing of weapons)

Last edited by Falx; 2003-11-24 at 12:54 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Falx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFalx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Falx

Posted 2003-11-24, 01:27 PM in reply to Majere's post "I need ideas"
I have been thinkiing about why I am no longer up for playing. I think its because I have everything I need. pvp on the shard isn't fun because of the above mentioned reasons so whats the point. I would gladly vote yes for you to wipe the entire shard and start brand new with a new map ( if I know you you got one either ready or in the works hehe) containing 3-4 towns that are evenly spread out and no moongates at all. Also make skill gain excrutiatingly hard I mean like it takes weeks or months to gm a weapon skill and no longer allow us to unattend. ( I think you know how hard it is for me to say no macroing lol ) I think we should have to put in long time to accomplish something. I dont think everyone should have a GM blacksmith and if it takes months to make one then not everyone would. I think there should be 1-3 char slots only with my vote going on 2 slots and one account per IP. When you do that wipe maybe you could even add in vet rewards to be started after the wipe. instead of the osi factions have race factions like the 4 being orc, drow, elf, human and once you join one it is permanent and irreversible and only way out is to delete char and start over on the couple month process of making a char. give a person an extra 10 or 15 stat points to their cap for making the committment to perma factions. I can come up with all kinds of shit like that that I would enjoy, but I don't realistically expect you to do it or for many other people to agree with me. To me I would think it would be so much more rewarding to GM swords after 2 months of hard work. Imagine how much more you would enjoy your char if that were the case and you could only gain like 2-3 stat points a day. It would suck for those fly by night players and juvenile delinquents who just want insta GM's and to Roxxor people but fuck them. I have a job with long hours and a family. I used to think that I like macroing because I didn't have time to skill gain and I just wanted to play a good char when i got online but now I realize how wrong I was. I'll play a shitty char and put my time in and try ot get something worth having if others will. If it takes a month to do a wep skill then magery is like 1.5 months and taming 2 months. Ok, rant is done people flame away, but remember I am not insulting most of you and Majere can vouch that I would be giving a lot in the way of skills and wealth if not the most on the shard but I would gladly do it to make this a better community. I read where other shards have been around for years and have a tight knit feel and this would be a way for us to accomplish it. Are you ready?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kali is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKali is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kali

Posted 2003-11-24, 01:31 PM in reply to Majere's post "I need ideas"
Well I totally disagree with the above feelings..
1) cant ban people for doing tehse things and thats not a fix.
2)You cant stop reds from killing thats what reds do.
3) You cant stop blues from using safe zones thats what alot of blues do...

Here is a somewhat of a fix that may help..

Why not just make the gates larger..like 2 of them..that way there wont be enough players to be able to block it .. And add a another gate at the newbie dungeon so people can go out up there and avoid the bottom gate and the cemetary..

As far as reds go , you cant limit where and who they murder since thats the choice they made and how they play..
And you cant stop blues from running into town and performing gorilla warfare...That would stop if the reds didnt hang out in gate zones.. The truth be told people hang out there because there is a ton of action there and its fun!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ChefBigBlack is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenChefBigBlack is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ChefBigBlack

Posted 2003-11-24, 01:35 PM in reply to Majere's post "I need ideas"
please dont say your going to wipe!!!
I just finished poisoning and i hated doing it!!
I would agree limiting players per account..
Like maybe 2 max or even 1..But I came here to pvp not to macro like osi..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ChefBigBlack is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenChefBigBlack is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ChefBigBlack

Posted 2003-11-24, 01:37 PM in reply to Majere's post "I need ideas"
Well adding the wall only causes the gate wars.
Take the wall out and people can run out anywhere and no one point becomes the "spot"

Remember this is a pvp shard. If not then speak up now. But I personally love being able to go to the "spot" and look for action.

As said above if we all move the "spot" great im for it. I personally think we shouldnt fight near town because of lag. All those houses and the town near eachother just add to the lag anyways.

Maybe the admin could create some sort of "Battle Grounds"
Add in a bank and mage shop or something and like a gated in area where people can hang and battle.

The Gate idea is ok just remember what type of shard this is. Those newbies dying are also future PKs just complaining. Atleast most of them are. Also if you want Tram, go play a Tram shard. If you want PKs and Wars, well here we are.

I honestly didnt see a problem here other than the fact that Reds are morons for camping the gates. Only makes it easier for blues to attack and run if hurt.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ChefNabisco is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenChefNabisco is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ChefNabisco

Posted 2003-11-24, 04:33 PM in reply to Majere's post "I need ideas"
i like the idea of a battle grounds.. but like i said, it would take a team effort of all pvpers on the shard to move the pvp to there. everyone has to agree to do it.. and actually DO IT.

unfortunately i dont think this can happen becuase getting everyone to agree to do it will be hard due to the fact that alot fo blue pvpers will NOT PVP W/O THE GZ, thats just the way it is. so its a good idea in theory, now let see if we can make it work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Falx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFalx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Falx

Posted 2003-11-24, 04:55 PM in reply to Majere's post "I need ideas"
I think most of the ideas that were listed a moment ago were garbage. =] The faction system is a GREAT idea though... I haven't played many of them, but so far all of the player run shards I have played have no factions.. Factions were a great idea, until OSI messed them up. I think that it should be made so that one faction cannot be WAY larger than the others. ( 100 TB and 2 com? )... Faction reprieve would be good, so long as the reds have a choice whether they want to wipe their counts or not. About the gates, I think that you should give warnings to new players, the North exit of the town seems to be pretty quiet ( Could this be due to the massive amounts of houses around the East gate? ). Other than that, the people who leave the town typically WANT to PvP with the reds ( Others however like to wait for explosion, then run. ie: chef guild ) Anyways, this is just my opinion.
I talk trash because I can back it up, duel me?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Drithe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDrithe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Drithe

Posted 2003-11-24, 04:59 PM in reply to Majere's post "I need ideas"
Why not use Siege Rules? Red can enter town without Insta-Whackage, and will get whacked if they initiate combat with a blue, BUT if blue attacks red, the red can beat the (Poo) outta that Little Wiener
3rd World Relic Hunter
Master of the Bunny Horde
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Locke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLocke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Locke

Posted 2003-11-24, 05:19 PM in reply to Majere's post "I need ideas"
Well, I dunno, reds being able to enter town was what ruined Siege, in my opinion. =[ But maybe it will work here since it's so small.
I talk trash because I can back it up, duel me?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Drithe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDrithe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Drithe

Posted 2003-11-24, 10:47 PM in reply to Majere's post "I need ideas"
reds in town ruined siege perilous, and autumn twilight, as far as im concerned its out of the question, although i have no real say in the issue i say hell no.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Falx

Posted 2003-11-24, 10:57 PM in reply to Majere's post "I need ideas"
There will be no wipe of the shard, Acropolis is here to stay.
It will never go down the road that AT went. I don't feel reds in town is a good idea either, I think I will make changes to some things depending on the next few days. Thanks to everyone that posted ideas.

I'm breaking the limit inside you, stop begging someone to hide you. I'm breaking the limit inside you, don't run away, bring it on straight to me!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Majere is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMajere is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Majere

Posted 2003-11-25, 04:17 AM in reply to Majere's post "I need ideas"
im a little late, but here goes, the "battle zone' thing i thought would be neat to see, but insted of making the town area like a normal guarded area, make it so players canot cast any spells or any type of comboat in this small area almost like a loclized trammel where a bank ect might be. basicly while inside this small "Zone" i will call it the "tramie zone" both reds and blues alike can be in this area, but neather side can attack till they leave the "tramie zone" the zone could be marked with a line, or dots all around, making it open and not having "the spot" type thing as players can leave the zone any way they wish, witch is clearly marked when they are leaving and entering the zone, this is juts somthing i thought up now, i have been off the comp making war hammer 40k modles for the last two days (wow). good idea? bad idea? who knows up you the players and the admins to pick.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kidagakash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKidagakash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kidagakash

Posted 2003-11-25, 04:30 AM in reply to Majere's post "I need ideas"
I think the main reason you put the wall up is to give players and idea where the guard zone starts and ends for both pk and blue alike, maybe this was the wrong way to go at it. maybe marking the zone's end and start in a difernt manor would help? same conspet as above with alot less work, you could mark the border using a sign or a doted line. or somthing......
damn i was gona do some consepts but my RunUO local mess around sevrer is not working, plby cues i have a stupid computer that dosent like to work when i need it too.

anyway - maybe the wall thing was a bad idea, and maybe you could look at other ways of marking the border line of the guard zone. if players could leave the town any way they wanted, the "Spot" thing may be a little harder to do, might be a fix, might make things worse.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kidagakash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKidagakash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kidagakash

Posted 2003-11-25, 07:32 AM in reply to Majere's post "I need ideas"
Drithe said:
Other than that, the people who leave the town typically WANT to PvP with the reds ( Others however like to wait for explosion, then run. ie: chef guild ) Anyways, this is just my opinion.
Thats funny stuff.

Last edited by ChefNabisco; 2003-11-25 at 07:45 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ChefNabisco is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenChefNabisco is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ChefNabisco

Posted 2003-11-25, 03:46 PM in reply to Majere's post "I need ideas"
i say, that the reds just pick a new spot, plenty of blues love the excitment and the challenge of trying to kill them, usually resulting in a horrible slaughter......
i think that the reds should go further from town and then that would solve blues dying, reds getting guard whacked, and reds getting stolen from.....
this one is more a choice up to the reds tho...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
doobadia is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendoobadia is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

doobadia

Posted 2003-11-25, 03:59 PM in reply to Majere's post "I need ideas"
On this other server guilds hjad there own town's made by the gm's , people knew were other red's or warring guild's hung out. Maybe soemthing like this might work.
Stew
________
Cheap Crosman Premier Domed Caliber Pellet

Last edited by Davidzy; 2011-04-16 at 05:41 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Davidzy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDavidzy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Davidzy

Posted 2003-11-26, 12:07 AM in reply to Majere's post "I need ideas"
i like the fact that on AT u could venture into town....as a red.....granted that the red could be attacked many upon one.....gut this would stop the camping and stop getting wacked for going to close.....not to mention the fact that the regs are still expensive for reds.......and this would allow reds to use same vendors and bank as blues..........
Killed by use:
Tobacco 340,000 - 395,000
Alcohol (excluding crime/accidents) > 125,000
O.D. (illegal) 3,800 - 5,200
Marijuana 0
now which drug should be illegal??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Larloch is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLarloch is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Larloch