Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

View Poll Results: Is this a good idea?
Yes, or sort of (elaborate) 23 82.14%
No, not at all (die) 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Concept: The GravitonSurge system of approval!

Posted 2004-06-23, 10:38 AM
WetWired told me to post this, because he doubts anyone would go for it. Let's find out!

Here is the idea:

Those deemed worthy enough by an undetermined group of 5 or so respected, mature, intelligent members, including moi, will be given the GravitonSurge Stamp of Approval!™ It could be a rank or something of that sort that will show everyone just how damn awesome you are! Ladies will love you! Retards will back off! Get SoAed today!

Not stamped? Prove your valor to the forum, and you too may one day be donned the title of SUPER AMAZING! (But not as amazing as me, of course.)

Do you frequently find yourself flaming in general convo using witty one liners such as "your mom" and "stfu gayass"? Do you tend to back up your profound wisdom in arguements with... your own worthless, unfounded opinions?! Then the GravitonSurge Generally Annoying and Hard Headed™ members list is just for you!!

And last, as well as least.. the GravitonSurge Black List of Infinite Stupidity!™

Those that consistently show just how damn asinine they are will be placed on the BLIS. Similar to being losered, only more demeaning! People like The1, Pinoy_real, and Pimpiroth will be the mentally challenged that fall into this category! Truly, ignorance is BLIS.

Want to get off the BLIS? Learn how to spell!

The BLIS and GAHH wouldn't apply to staff.

Last edited by Titusfied; 2004-06-23 at 02:02 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-06-23, 10:45 AM in reply to Grav's post "Concept: The GravitonSurge system of..."
Sounds good, one more reason (for me)to stop slacking off, when it comes to spelling and gramar and such.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-06-23, 10:47 AM in reply to Grav's post "Concept: The GravitonSurge system of..."
There needs to be an inbetween. And your judging would have to be unbiased, or else this won't work. You can't put me in the dumbass category just because you hate me, for example.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-06-23, 10:49 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "There needs to be an inbetween. And..."
I forgot to add that if the BLIS was added, it wouldn't apply to staff, just members. Brought that up with WW before. The SoA would, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-06-23, 10:49 AM in reply to Grav's post "Concept: The GravitonSurge system of..."
No way. If there was a consensus, maybe, but probably not. Giving just one person that much priviledge, with so much speculation and bias at hand would never work.

No.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-06-23, 10:51 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "No way. If there was a consensus,..."
Also a point brought up before, don't have any solution for it besides a council of 5 or something of that sort. Still, it would bear my name. Why? Because 1) I'm the longest running active member and 2) I kick ass.

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2004-06-23 at 10:53 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-06-23, 10:55 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Also a point brought up before, don't..."
If all would be fair, I'm all for it. I will admit, you do have good judgement skills when it comes to 'grading' threads.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-06-23, 10:58 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Also a point brought up before, don't..."
Name the 5 then. It could add another dynamic to Zelaron, for the good, but the 5 would clearly have to be determined beforehand.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-06-23, 11:00 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Name the 5 then. It could add another..."
seriously, grav, i don't wanna be BLISed. :/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
symnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensymnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

symnzXx

Posted 2004-06-23, 11:00 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Name the 5 then. It could add another..."
I would choose Raziel, possibly Bob, and possibly you (Titusfied) right off the bat because you all post alot and are mature enough for it. I'll have to think about the others. I'd want to keep it mostly members, though, rather than staff.

symnzXx said:
seriously, grav, i don't wanna be BLISed. :/
You'd have to become quite a bit dumber to be BLISed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-06-23, 11:01 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "I would choose Raziel, possibly Bob,..."
holy shit, i'm never getting SoAed with that kind of council.

Edit: 
so you mean i'm not a total fuckup yet?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
symnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensymnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

symnzXx

Posted 2004-06-23, 11:07 AM in reply to symnzXx's post starting "holy shit, i'm never getting SoAed with..."
Keyword there is yet, if you want to see truly stupid look up some old Pinoy_Real posts, they'll make anyone seem smart. I think this would be a pretty damn good idea if you could get a decent council, seems you have one in the making.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-06-23, 11:12 AM in reply to Slim's post starting "Keyword there is yet, if you want to..."
slim, i've been here a lot longer than you - almost a year. 'yet' has been a long time coming, i guess. and i seriously cannot fathom how you came to the conclusion that slaynish, OF ALL PEOPLE, is better than me? wow.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

symnzXx

Posted 2004-06-23, 11:13 AM in reply to Slim's post starting "Keyword there is yet, if you want to..."
More rankings are always good. I like to classify people into as many categories as possible.

Besides, calling people infinitely stupid is fun.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-06-23, 11:13 AM in reply to symnzXx's post starting "slim, i've been here a lot longer than..."
This isn't about you guys, though. Shhh.

I was considering an inbetween rank.

Like.. not BLIS-worthy, but not great, either. Slaynish-esque.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-06-23, 11:13 AM in reply to Grav's post "Concept: The GravitonSurge system of..."
Sure. Sounds like a great idea, a small step behind Loser for the BLIS list, right? If the judging is unbiased, I am all for it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-06-23, 11:16 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Sure. Sounds like a great idea, a small..."
The difference being it would be permanent unless revoked. And, well, I kick ass, so my rating means a lot more than something Sov slaps down!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-06-23, 11:18 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "The difference being it would be..."
True, and you are probably less-lenient than him. Last I saw, Gunbound's Losering for 720 days was over, he is officially not a Loser anymore.

How would it be revoked? Would it be a study of a member's progress within a day? A week? A month?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-06-23, 11:18 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "This isn't about you guys, though...."
So we've got the Stamp of Approval, the General Stupidity Award (or whatever you want to call it) and the BLIS?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-06-23, 11:20 AM in reply to Slim's post starting "So we've got the Stamp of Approval, the..."
Slim said:
So we've got the Stamp of Approval, the General Stupidity Award (or whatever you want to call it) and the BLIS?
Still thinking of a catchy acronym.

HandOfHeaven said:
How would it be revoked? Would it be a study of a member's progress within a day? A week? A month?
Basically if it's decided that a member has made a decent effort to improve, they can be removed. Chances of this happening are slim to nil though, as those who get on the list can't even spell progress.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav