Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

New Build Ideas
Posted 2006-07-10, 10:27 AM
Idk about you guys but I constantly try and think of new builds, mostly targeted for dueling but new builds non the less, so far I've come up with two, but I am also interested if you guys have any Ideas and also constructive critizism of my builds.

Builds:
Psn Dagger Necro
Skills: 20 psn dagger, 20 psn explosion, 20 psn nova, 20 bone wall, 1 bone armor, maybe 10-20 in lower res, rest into bone prison.
Gear: fury fanged knife, coa?, ss, angelic ammy + ring, fort?, shadow dancers, lava gouts/sanders, dungos, raven frost...idk havent covered all the angles yet.

Conviction Zealot
Skills: 20 conviction, 20 zeal, 20 holy shield, 20 defiance, 20 sacrifice
Gear: Beast zerk? Coa, eth exile, eth shaft stop?, highlords, raven, bk, shadow dancers, lava gouts, dungos...idk havent covered all the angles yet.

Your thoughts?
XboxLive: x2xExZ

D2jsp: Your_Mom
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2006-07-10, 10:44 AM in reply to SlickFic04's post "New Build Ideas"
Well, on the necro, if you're just going for uber damage, refer to here: http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26464

Sub the trang's claws for Blackbog's Sharp.

As for the Pally, I can't give a lot of input. I never played one, but it seems sort of cookie cutter to me. Additionally, you know you couldn't put that build into effect until level 98, right? I don't know if level building is as slow as it used to be, but 98 is a bit high-end for me.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2006-07-10, 11:27 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Well, on the necro, if you're just..."
Sacrifice would have to be last to max out, and it would take a long while to level unless i just get a gmerc which is possible. And its not really a cookie cutter build, no one else has tryed conviction w/ melee. I guys no one has really realized that it reduces someones defense to shit, however u sacrafice dmg.

The necro is poison dagger not psn explosion therefore he wouldnt be wearing any caster gear unless leveling. This necro is lookin at 410%+ to ar while a zealot has 325%+ given he wont have as much ias but all he needs is 2 hits, pending psn res. Also I gave more thought to it and he would only use 10 pnts into lower res. His low defense is my main concern since the bone armor will only sorb like 1 maybe 2 hits. Just realized, instead of cursing them with lower res, i could use a lvl 1 weaken which reduces there dmg 33%, that along with dr and bone armor...could prolong my life a lot.

ps. sov just gave me another build idea, bow/ww assassin, widow maker on w1 and chaos on switch. So far the skills would have to be venom, bos, wep block, claw mastery, and rest into df = 107 skill pnts. I'm all excited now, ps this is what I do at my hedge fund internship.

Last edited by SlickFic04; 2006-07-10 at 11:58 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2006-07-10, 03:59 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "Sacrifice would have to be last to max..."
The point of caster gear is to up your poison dagger damage. The only reason you wouldn't want that gear is if you were just going to be a melee necro with poison dagger as sort of a bonus. If you're relying on poison to do your damage, you're going to need +skills stuff to get that poison damage up.

As for low defense, you just need to keep bone armor up. It's a hit-and-run build. You stab once or twice and then back up to put bone armor back on.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2006-07-10, 08:23 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "The point of caster gear is to up your..."
This is a melee build against conc barbs and zealots. As in, you say go, they so go and then u just and hold down the left click lol. But recasting bone armor might be a good way to do things, we'll have to see, plus ill need massive fhr

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

SlickFic04

Posted 2006-07-15, 02:52 AM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "This is a melee build against conc..."
Psn Dagger Necro
Skills: 20 psn dagger, 20 psn explosion, 20 psn nova, 20 bone wall, 1 bone armor, maybe 10-20 in lower res, rest into bone prison.
Gear: fury fanged knife, coa?, ss, angelic ammy + ring, fort?, shadow dancers, lava gouts/sanders, dungos, raven frost...idk havent covered all the angles yet.
That gears alright. Like bob said its for a melee + a psn bonus. The armor is a must of either a nigma or a bramble. +2 skills or - massive psn res (plus other obvious bonus' of each armor)

Personally I think melee you would get owned because conc has waay to much def for you to get AR without fucking fanta or something. Same if zealot is using a exile, plus he can attack 5 times faster and you would have weak def.

Fleshripper (Is nice for mods probably = to fury, but I think a Balrogs would be better)
One-Hand Damage: (45-60) To (174-228) (108-144 Avg)
Required Level: 68
Required Strength: 42
Required Dexterity: 86
Durability: 36
Base Weapon Speed: [-20]
+200-300% Enhanced Damage (varies)
-50% Target Defense
25% Chance of Crushing Blow
33% Deadly Strike
50% Chance of Open Wounds
Prevent Monster Heal
Slows Target By 20%
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2006-07-16, 07:41 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Psn Dagger Necro Skills: 20 psn..."
Try a Barbazon instead =P.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-07-16, 08:28 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post "New Build Ideas"
Make an Avenger.

Vengeance(sp) paladin.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-07-17, 08:45 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Make an Avenger. Vengeance(sp)..."
Na Im making my bow/ww sin. 20 in: claw mastery, wep block, venom. 15 in: bos and fade. 1 to: df, shadow, mb, and more. I was thinking of an avenger but then i realized i could make it use zeal and pwn melees cuz with that aura their defense gets turned into shit.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

SlickFic04

Posted 2006-07-17, 09:29 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "Na Im making my bow/ww sin. 20 in: claw..."
Im making a in town Golemancer. >.< Yes. Soo BM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2006-07-17, 09:53 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Im making a in town Golemancer. >.<..."
Fire Golem + lower resist = PIPE BOMB!

GGGG i wanna see it in action when its done :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-07-18, 08:52 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Fire Golem + lower resist = PIPE BOMB!..."
They do explosion dmg when killed? Hmmm with alot of +5/-5 fire facets...

I've also added a GM duel element to my Golemancer. Quite detailed actually but it'll only work vs melee.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2006-07-18, 09:11 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "They do explosion dmg when killed? Hmmm..."
Well hell. If you're just looking for fire dmg, I've already got your gear set up for ya:

Ormus +15%Fire +3Meteor (5/5 Fire Facet)
Eschuta's Temper +3 Skill, +20%Fire (5/5 Fire Facet)
+3 Fire Skills Amulet
Lidless Wall (5/5 Fire Facet)
+3 Fire Skills Circlet (5/5 Fire Facet)
Soj x 2
Arachnid Mesh
Magefist
10 Fire Skill Charms
Annihilus Charm
*Whatever for boots
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2006-07-18, 06:04 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "They do explosion dmg when killed? Hmmm..."
I THINK they do fire dmg when they are desummoned. I don't have a necro that we can test this out on though
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2006-07-19, 11:05 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I THINK they do fire dmg when they are..."
I got a necro we can test it out. And MB, idk about the echutas and the fire skills helm will work on a necro. just get a 4os shield and put facets (or phoenix), 4os armor, facets, 3os bv, facets, 6os cs, facets. rinse and repeat.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

SlickFic04

Posted 2006-07-20, 07:51 AM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "I got a necro we can test it out. And..."
Hrm. I didn't even think about the fire skills not working. So I guess for this build, besides the things that are strictly +skills, you'll want to just go with facet socketed gear.

Make sure not to trade off too much +skills gear for a couple of extra open sockets, though. The high-end bonuses to +skills are pretty. It's worth testing on a skill calculator. Unfortunately, I'm leaving right about meow.

If anyone actually intends to make this build and doesn't know how (or someone else doesn't) do the skill/dmg comparison, I can get to it later. Just don't let the thread die, so I'll see it later on.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2006-07-20, 01:41 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Hrm. I didn't even think about the..."
I Made my ww/bos sin and well lets see, ww barbs own her (obv) so do smiters, good h-dins, gay max block wind druids, some zons, and of course max block necros with high fhr. Otherwise the rest is ez pk, hence the name Fics_EzPk . the bow really helps vs hdins and fleeing casters who are pussies. All in all....its a pretty decent build, can get pretty expensive tho, right now I got some cheaper gear, I use chaos with nats set w/ 3 x 5/5 psn facents in nats armor, eth in nats claw, tgods, trang gloves, highlords, soj (found ), raven. But I also have a bramble so I was thinking of using bramble, hotspurs, kiras (coa would be perfect but too expensive atm), fury claw w/ chaos, bk, soj, highlords? wtv the good thing about this build, gear is pretty cheap except chaos claw and bramble, but use nats set and ur all good for some ez pk's booya!

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

SlickFic04

Posted 2006-07-20, 04:11 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "I Made my ww/bos sin and well lets see,..."
Oh, about Eschuta's. That is a sorceress-only item, so that good idea has been ruled out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-07-20, 10:23 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Oh, about Eschuta's. That is a..."
Ya, and without the +skills, a 6 socket wep with fire facets is better anyhow.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob