Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

A personal oppinion on duping/rushing
Posted 2003-03-06, 05:29 PM
This like other threads is talking about it's bad sides... but read on because i think this will clear alot of things for you.

D2.. what is the point of diabloII? it is to play the game, to be enjoyed by whoever bought it and to trade items of equal value to people... but what happens when all this is impossible?... enjoying the game is impossible because you get rushed to hell with no effort... level your characters and you just beat the game over and over again the same way until you decide the game is boring...
Economy?,,, bah.. it's pretty much ruined... economy is there to get items that you don't have or want more of... but what happens when everyone can get anything they want anytime???.... that basically means that the economy has reached a point where it is pretty much non-existant....

People buy this game to play it.. to get in the game, finish the acts and finish them..... i bet when you first joined diabloII you did too.... joining diabloII, making a new character... finding your first unique item was also very exciting for you.. i bet you quickly went to a trading game and trade with other people who had items equivalent to yours... but now people buy diabloII... pop the cd in, install it.. go on battle net... start playing and allover they have people calling them newbs, bad players and telling them that since they just want to play to enjoy the game like it was meant to be they are considered to be the underdogs... but who really is??.... i think the underdogs in this situation are the people who earent having fun.... imagine this... having everything in the game.. every item.... getting bored of the game and not knowing what to do next... OR being one of those people who like to sit back and play the game straight from act1 being happy and having fun... personally i would like to be that guy..

I am admitting that i used to be one of those hardcore game cheaters.. bah.. i even had a crew of with some of the best game hackers known to diabloII but was i really satisfied with what i was doing??... sure it was fun knowing i could have everyhting but why would i want everything?? why would i want strong armor when i can get someone else to beat the game for me.... better items are actually there to beat the game more easily but now taht since people usually get rushed there is no real point to getting them... so what is your imput on duping now?... and why exactly would you want to dupe.. there are mostly negative things comming out of it...

1- it is breaking the terms and aggreements you accept before you make an account on battle.net

2- There is no more fun.. no challenge which people want when they buy a game

3- Economy is extremely damaged... and every item on battle.net is almost always duped so there is barely any point of MFing anymore or trading with other players

4- Battle.net DiabloII reamls are extremely laggy because of duping.

5- There are more elite uniques than there are normal uniques ect ect

6- Almost every character now pretty much has the same equipment... almost each sorc has occy rings .. shakos occuluses .. lidlesses ect ect ect... all barbarians have .8 arkaines i bet.. and gazes.... and if they dont all have them i bet they will soon.

7- and what about the people who brought you the game??... blizzard entertainment... the people who work to make the game... if it wasn't for them you wouldn't have it and by duping you are direcly insulting them.

So i hope this cleared alot of stuff up and i also hope you all think of what i wrote here because it really is something to think about.

oh and please post replies of what you think about duping n rushing after reading this.

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2003-03-06, 05:58 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "A personal oppinion on duping/rushing"
first of all, to solve all those problem? just make it a law that selling items on web is illegal, then there would be 1/2 people less to play d2. got it? it's all about money to start off.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-03-06, 06:00 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "A personal oppinion on duping/rushing"
Yes, the main reason d2 is going to hell is for $$$
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-03-06, 07:19 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "A personal oppinion on duping/rushing"
I THINK DUPEING IS KOOL BUT RUSHING IS GAY. DO ITOWN UR OWN FOR CRYIN OUTT LOUD ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORD PEOPLE JESSUS
madmanmademad is also my d2 name . learn it. like it . then live with it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
madmanmademad is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmadmanmademad is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

madmanmademad

Posted 2003-03-06, 08:12 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "A personal oppinion on duping/rushing"
This really isn't the place for a moral discussion. Perhaps you should try diabloii - they always like trashing duping, etc.

~CLOSED~

-FunkyDo
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
FunkyDo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFunkyDo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

FunkyDo

Posted 2003-03-07, 05:32 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "A personal oppinion on duping/rushing"
This subject is related to diabloII and the topic isn't breaking any rules.

~re-opened

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2003-03-07, 05:40 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "A personal oppinion on duping/rushing"
Well, just so you people know.. If you dont want a dupe patched dont release it where i visit. If i come across a dupe i AM going to email it to blizzard along with a detailed information .txt so they will hopefully get off there ass and patch it already. Also any dupes i may or may not currently know would also be sent to blizzard in a sick last hope type situation where i try to salvage what little of d2 is worth saving.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2003-03-07, 05:40 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "A personal oppinion on duping/rushing"
maybe more a general topic
I, S, A zum R wer von euch denkt hier er könnte mehr, als die Berliner Bären? Adrenalin Musik direkt aus Kreuzberg!
Ich mache harte Musik auf harte Beats, wie diesen hier. Hinter mir Untergrundkrieger die mit mir maschieren als Team! Seit Jahren seh ich sie alle an uns vorbeiziehen, erst Savas dann Aggro, es ist Zeit für?! ADRENALIN!!!

You missed me? I'M BACK!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiDDaR

Posted 2003-03-07, 05:52 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "A personal oppinion on duping/rushing"
I say to each his own. If you want to rush/be rushed, fine. If you want to dupe and know how, fine - just don't make it public... As long as it is possible for everyone to have fun in their own way I am happy with the game, but when you have a dupe and release it to the general public and f*** everything up, then it's getting ridiculous.

This game as become boring to me three times since its release, and each time something has pulled me back to it. While repetetive, this game is extremely addicting in just about every way imaginable for a game to be. It's getting boring again, seeing as the dupe messed everything up, and while I'm now insanely rich, so is everyone else. The only things that can keep me interested at this point are (#1) a realm reset, or (#2) patch 1.10, or best of all - both.

Last edited by Pyro; 2003-03-07 at 05:54 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pyro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPyro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pyro

Posted 2003-03-07, 06:03 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "A personal oppinion on duping/rushing"
True say jiddar.. moving now.

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

EX-Mania

Posted 2003-03-08, 08:21 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "A personal oppinion on duping/rushing"
I like duping lots-o-items
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2003-03-09, 11:57 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "A personal oppinion on duping/rushing"
Well considering I've never duped or hacked ( besides map hack ) I would have to say that duping is gay and should never happen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-03-22, 03:08 AM in reply to EX-Mania's post "A personal oppinion on duping/rushing"
I know what you mean, i just made a character about 2 min ago and now suddenly i am in nightmare mode. I havent even moved, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I STILL HAVE MY STARTING WEAPON !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D2Maul is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenD2Maul is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

D2Maul

Posted 2003-03-22, 03:12 AM in reply to EX-Mania's post "A personal oppinion on duping/rushing"
Why the hell should duping be allowed and not rushing madmanmademad? Since duping is a hack and rushing is just a way of playing the game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-03-22, 08:37 AM in reply to EX-Mania's post "A personal oppinion on duping/rushing"
I am not agree whith you in some points :

1 - Economy is not ruined even if peapole do dupes because you don't want to have all of your stuff disapear in the first game you join....

2 - The point in DIABLO2 is not kill baal it's so useless but to find godly items and interact whith other players...

I halso hate dupers and hackers but.... even if theres loads of dupes peapole still there playin diablo.......
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
lordofthedread is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenlordofthedread is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

lordofthedread

Posted 2003-03-22, 12:18 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "A personal oppinion on duping/rushing"
Duping is lame (but I'll do it when it's available). Rushing...who cares?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pyro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPyro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pyro