Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Posted 2003-06-03, 12:26 AM in reply to Pyro's post "The lies of Blizzard..."
See Insolence, the thread can get interesting!

In my opinion, it is nice to see that Blizzard is taking action, doing something, anything.

They aren't going to gain more profits from the game anyway (except for more trust from Customer, for future marketing), they don't need to care about Diablo2Lod anymore since they might have earn enough. More effort put into that old game isn't going to attract more D2X customers.

They are trying to satisfy us. Maybe they have failed miserably in the latest attempt, (Mass banning) but some people feel grateful for what they have done. I quit before the banning, but personally I appreciate what they've done. They tried afterall.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-03, 08:23 AM in reply to Pyro's post "The lies of Blizzard..."
Doofus_AW said:
Its not like your paying for it... I think it is rather cool of them to try to keep a game interesting after all this time. They have no monetary incentive to do it, its all in the interest of keeping your customer base happy. I will take it when I can get it.
That's probably the best justification for the patch delays said to date. They need to post that on their website.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-06-03, 02:08 PM in reply to Pyro's post "The lies of Blizzard..."
Actually guys.... YOU arent paying to play on Battle.net but every time you get onto it, blizzard is gaining money. Everyone in here has missclicked on a banner or something, and even if you havent, people pay blizzard to put there banner on B.net, so if we werent playing blizz wouldnt make any more money. It would be physically impossible to create 1.10 off of no funds, so if you think about it they are still making money everytime someone loggs onto there server... and if push comes to shove they could have a pop-up activate everytime someone loggs on and they would make a shitload. Bottom line is, shut the fuck up about them taking forever, they are doing everything they can on what little they make off d2.. They would rather have a damn near perfect patch where they dont have to spend more more and more to repatch it and fix shit they fucked up and that way save money.... Personally.. myself, if everytime i made a solid "Promise" alot of my boys woulf be rollin in money.. but alot of the time it isnt my fault. Just like alot of blizz promises (even though they have yet to make one and not keep it) arnt kept simply because something fucked up and they had to do more work. Its 2 people for christ sake... suck it up and wait for the patch or just shut up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2003-06-03, 09:01 PM in reply to Pyro's post "The lies of Blizzard..."
They still have to pay for the servers however. They're probably not making much more money with banners than they require to pay hosting fees and this "update team" they have.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-06-03, 09:11 PM in reply to Pyro's post "The lies of Blizzard..."
But the banner in D2, it's always only selling, WC3 and b.net stuff, it's never other company ad, so i dont think they making money of the banner.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-06-03, 10:20 PM in reply to Pyro's post "The lies of Blizzard..."
Yeah some times it is other companies..

Im with valmar.. to sum up his speech: " Suck it up, or shut up "

If you dont like it so much, just leave.. damn its that simple.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-06-04, 10:02 AM in reply to Pyro's post "The lies of Blizzard..."
All I can say is,

You can't rush greatness! lolz!
]3lood]{rawller
Founder of the Krypticwarriors
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Bloodkrawller is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBloodkrawller is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Bloodkrawller

Posted 2003-06-06, 10:54 AM in reply to Pyro's post "The lies of Blizzard..."
Insolence said:
Yeah some times it is other companies..

Im with valmar.. to sum up his speech: " Suck it up, or shut up "

If you dont like it so much, just leave.. damn its that simple.
And to sum up my opinion: "You're a bunch of biased assholes"

While they may not have promised per se, they did give probable dates/times of release. If you don't know that it will be out by then, you don't announce it - it's that simple. By getting people's hopes up and then not living up to your claims, you are getting people (like me) to dislike you. I don't like liars, it's that simple, and promise or not, I don't appreciate it when someone lies. Anyway, if they were still trying they would have it out by now. I am leaving...again...or at least until 1.10 comes out. I left the first time it didn't come out when it was supposed to, and returned when I heard more info on it. Here's the same situation to a greater extent, as it was officially claimed that it would be out at two separate occasions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pyro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPyro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pyro

Posted 2003-06-06, 01:46 PM in reply to Pyro's post "The lies of Blizzard..."
It is just a way to attract the player. If you don't say anything about your product, people would assume you've given up on the game. Even if that's true, Blizzard wouldn't want us to know it.

They may have a lot of plans, but schedule does get pushed back sometimes. Give them a break, it's a two-man patch team, as Valmar has mentioned.

While those two people are trying to fix the old stuff, hundreds of hackers (probably more skillful too) are messing up with the game and finding new exploits. Well, that wiykd be difficult, wouldn't it?

P.S. :Your summed up opinion is a biased one as well.

I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-06, 03:24 PM in reply to Pyro's post "The lies of Blizzard..."
Yes, but as a biased person I will accept others' views until I see something like "Quit bitchin" - I like my arguments to proceed in a mature manner for the most part. Also, scratch the "bunch" of biased assholes, as it was really only directed towards Insolence and ganga (his first reply).

Last edited by Pyro; 2003-06-06 at 03:41 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pyro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPyro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pyro

Posted 2003-06-07, 11:14 AM in reply to Pyro's post "The lies of Blizzard..."
Insolence said:
Its not like people will buy a new game instead of waiting 2 more weeks... ya get what im saying?

? ?? ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-06-07, 11:25 AM in reply to Pyro's post "The lies of Blizzard..."
Insolence said:
Its not like people will buy a new game instead of waiting 2 more weeks... ya get what im saying?
He is talking about the Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, and Diablo2 LoD 1.10 patch.

If the War3 xpack comes out 2 weeks earlier than the 1.10 patch, Diablo2 fans aren't going to just buy War3 xpack and forget about 1.10.

They will still wait for the patch, because they are into Diablo2.

The War3x will not distract the attention of Diablo2 fans, and vice visa. That's what he's saying. (I think~)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia