Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post What started it all...
Posted 2003-03-24, 07:43 PM
http://www.gunstuff.com/america-attacked.html

Next time you find yourself thinking we shouldn't be over there, remember this tragic event that happened little over a year ago.

While nothing can be done to bring back those innocent people that we lost, something must be done to prevent further attacks on our freedom.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pyro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPyro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pyro

Posted 2003-03-24, 08:45 PM in reply to Pyro's post "What started it all..."
Have you been listening to country music one too many times???
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2003-03-25, 02:19 AM in reply to Pyro's post "What started it all..."
Pyro, you are a moron. The attacks on 9/11 were commited by Al Qaeda, not Saddam Hussein. Al Qaeda attacked our country because of psychotic religious conditioning. Hussein is a military dictator, not an Islamic fundamentalist. I'm still not quite sure what my opinion is concerning our invasion of Iraq. But, if there is one thing I know for certain, it's that the events of 9/11 are not just cause for our recent actions. The two events are completely unrelated. Anyone who tries to say otherwise is blowing smoke out of their ass. Imbecile.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-03-25, 10:44 AM in reply to Pyro's post "What started it all..."
I think they put some of the blame on Saddam because he hid them in Iraq or something, right? Not really sure...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-03-25, 10:46 AM in reply to Pyro's post "What started it all..."
"No distinction will be made between terrorists and those who harbor them"

Last edited by Pyro; 2003-03-25 at 03:08 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pyro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPyro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pyro

Posted 2003-03-25, 10:48 AM in reply to Pyro's post "What started it all..."
Yes, now I remember that quote... Like 50million sites had it as their little memorial to 9/11
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-03-25, 12:46 PM in reply to Pyro's post "What started it all..."
Pyro said:
"No distinction will be made between terrorists and those who harbor them"
Exactly Pyro!

Saddam has created a nation that fosters the conditions terrorists thrive on. He also pays cash to the familes of palestinian "Martyrs" who blow up schoolbuses full of Israeli children. He needs to be taken out. Nuff said
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2003-03-25, 03:07 PM in reply to Pyro's post "What started it all..."
In agreement with Doofus.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2003-03-25, 04:14 PM in reply to Pyro's post "What started it all..."
Raziel said:
Pyro, you are a moron. The attacks on 9/11 were commited by Al Qaeda, not Saddam Hussein. Al Qaeda attacked our country because of psychotic religious conditioning. Hussein is a military dictator, not an Islamic fundamentalist. I'm still not quite sure what my opinion is concerning our invasion of Iraq. But, if there is one thing I know for certain, it's that the events of 9/11 are not just cause for our recent actions. The two events are completely unrelated. Anyone who tries to say otherwise is blowing smoke out of their ass. Imbecile.
Yea it does lead back to 9/11, in some form, or so they say...

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-03-25, 06:28 PM in reply to Pyro's post "What started it all..."
Raziel said:
Raziel all i here you do is flame. You are forgetting the EXTREMELY HIGH possibility that you dont here everything, also hussein could be financially assisting terrorist groups
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2003-03-25, 07:11 PM in reply to Pyro's post "What started it all..."
Mother of God, my point was that attacking Saddam out of a sense of vengeance for the 9/11 attacks is completely unfounded. Pyro's message here is that we're attacking Iraq because of the terrorist actions taken against this country a year and a half ago. That is bullshit, plain and simple. This confrontation is not about vengeance for 9/11. This confrontation is about a preemptive strike on a militray force that has yet to pose any tangible threat to us. I'm not saying I disagree with our invasion of Iraq. I'm saying that blowing up Baghdad shouldn't be written off simply as a reactive attack due to 9/11.

I agree wholeheartedly that Saddam Hussein is a dickwad, and needs to be ousted from power one way or another. But this war was generated almost entirely out of the need for people to feel as though something was being done about the terrorist situation in our world. Because our government was unable to locate Osama Bin Laden and bring him to justice, Bush decides to start pointing fingers at a military power that as far as we can prove, had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11. The people of this country needed a scapegoat, and we knew exactly where to find him.

I agree that Saddam Hussein needs to be removed from power. But he needs to be removed from power because he's a threat to the world. NOT because we want to beat someone up for the 9/11 attacks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-03-25, 08:18 PM in reply to Pyro's post "What started it all..."
Note the title, please. It may not be a direct cause. It may have influenced it very little, but it did indeed influence it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Pyro

Posted 2003-03-25, 08:23 PM in reply to Pyro's post "What started it all..."
Pyro said:
Note the title, please. It may not be a direct cause. It may have influenced it very little, but it did indeed influence it.
Did you know that we were Saddam's buddies in the 80's because we hated the Iranians and we supplied him with billions of dollars worth of weapons and aid? Isn't that a cookie.
If I die it's because I'm lagging.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Aggyrwayter is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAggyrwayter is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Aggyrwayter

Posted 2003-03-25, 08:29 PM in reply to Pyro's post "What started it all..."
Aggyrwayter said:
Did you know that we were Saddam's buddies in the 80's because we hated the Iranians and we supplied him with billions of dollars worth of weapons and aid? Isn't that a cookie.
There's no real friend between Countries and in the world of politics. They do things so that it will be beneficial to themselves in ways.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-03-25, 08:31 PM in reply to Pyro's post "What started it all..."
Oh, and we shot thousands of missles at Iraq in the first 24 hours. A couple landed in Turkey and Iran.

OOPS!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Aggyrwayter is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAggyrwayter is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Aggyrwayter

Posted 2003-03-25, 08:36 PM in reply to Pyro's post "What started it all..."
SCUDS...They dont have nearly the accuraccy of the Tomahawks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-03-25, 08:38 PM in reply to Pyro's post "What started it all..."
Canadian's aren't allowed to intervene in important American politics. You might get some eh in my soup.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Aggyrwayter

Posted 2003-03-25, 11:56 PM in reply to Pyro's post "What started it all..."
Pyro said:
My point is that the attacks on 9/11 shouldn't be the influence or the excuse for our attack on Iraq! It's a shitty reason, and is loaded with flawed logic! Judas Priest, how many times do I have to say it before you can fit my point inside your tiny little skull?! I realize that 9/11 is the reason Bush has given for attacking Iraq! That's not a good reason, you dolt!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2003-03-26, 02:32 PM in reply to Pyro's post "What started it all..."
Raziel said:
Pyro said:
My point is that the attacks on 9/11 shouldn't be the influence or the excuse for our attack on Iraq! It's a shitty reason, and is loaded with flawed logic! Judas Priest, how many times do I have to say it before you can fit my point inside your tiny little skull?! I realize that 9/11 is the reason Bush has given for attacking Iraq! That's not a good reason, you dolt!
My AP history teacher is a very vocal woman (understatement) and she got VERY mad at a student in her other class who said "Down with Saddam! Vengeance for 9/11!"

Needless to say, hilarity ensued.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Aggyrwayter