Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

News Posters
Posted 2007-10-05, 08:51 AM
It was suggested that we should bring back news posters. What do you guys think about that? Let's hear some opinions.

My opinion is that we have people who already post the news quite often, so I feel it's mostly unnecessary. If anything, it would just be a pointless title. Then again, I can't think of any good reason NOT to do it.

What do you think?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-05, 08:56 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "News Posters"
I see it as a good option because then it Labels 2-3 members AS News Posters, that stupid little title seems to bring out the best in some members and gives them a sence of responsibility, as for News Posters that would be great, the more news flowing through these forums the better, keeping updated with the 'times' nevers hurts.

It's not like they have any power anyways.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-10-05, 10:03 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I see it as a good option because then..."
Exactly. I'm all for it. I used to be a News Poster in the past. A couple of separate occasions, actually. I'd gladly post news on here, as I'm at work all day and I visit MSN/CNN/gaming sites rather frequently.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-10-05, 10:07 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Exactly. I'm all for it. I used to be a..."
We definitely need more gaming news around here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-05, 12:05 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "News Posters"
When we upgrade, I've implemented a new news system that will require news posters, but this time news can be posted in any forum. Speaking of which, testers are still needed...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-10-05, 04:59 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "When we upgrade, I've implemented a new..."
Oh, lemme go find that tester link then, good thing you reminded me near the start of my shift.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-10-17, 02:21 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Oh, lemme go find that tester link..."
Yeah I'll voulenteer to be a news poster.

And a tester..

Link me up, Scotty!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-10-17, 06:22 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Yeah I'll voulenteer to be a news..."
http://zelaron.com/forum/test.php
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-03-12, 03:08 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "http://zelaron.com/forum/test.php"
we should have more news around here. This is the only place i get it. My family does not get newspapers, cable tv, or any of that jazz.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-03-12, 03:11 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "we should have more news around here...."
There are some good news sites. Not that I know any by serious usage, but http://michellemalkin.com/ has proved to be pretty good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-03-12, 08:14 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "There are some good news sites. Not..."
I read a fair ammount of outrageous, funny, and interesting news pretty much daily.

I'll see if I can post some regularly.

Test what?..

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-12, 09:59 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "There are some good news sites. Not..."
Atnas said:
There are some good news sites. Not that I know any by serious usage, but http://michellemalkin.com/ has proved to be pretty good.
Michelle...Malkin?

Haven't checked out that site, but I hate her almost as much as O'reilly and Nancy Grace.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-12, 10:38 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Michelle...Malkin? Haven't checked..."
Yeah. At the very least, try to find a somewhat neutral news source.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-03-13, 07:51 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Yeah. At the very least, try to find a..."
FOXnews.com?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-03-13, 09:02 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "FOXnews.com?"
I usually try and stick with AP/Reuters or the occasionaly MSNBC/CNN/ABCNEWS, but other than that..iuno

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-03-13, 02:38 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "News Posters"
I approve of that idea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-03-13, 03:12 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Michelle...Malkin? Haven't checked..."
Mjordan2nd said:
Michelle...Malkin?

Haven't checked out that site, but I hate her almost as much as O'reilly and Nancy Grace.
I never go to news sites. Possibly haven't in the past year at all. I don't know anything about her or her site but I read two articles I liked within the past week.

I have no idea what she's usually like, forgive me if she's some sort of fundamentalist/capitalist/gay basher/somethingelsenasty.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-03-13, 03:47 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I never go to news sites. Possibly..."
I find it easier to understand the news if I can then discuss it with others instantly. With Zelaron I can
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-03-13, 08:08 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Yeah. At the very least, try to find a..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Yeah. At the very least, try to find a somewhat neutral news source.

No such thing bro, they are all biased.

I will post the news I find interesting, you can post the news you find interesting.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-13, 08:21 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "No such thing bro, they are all biased...."
Just please don't post FoxNews stuff. It goes beyond biased into the realm of plain 'ol lying.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav