Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Koreans Declare War On Blizzard Entertainment
Posted 2004-04-05, 08:29 PM
Thought this was worthwhile www.angelfire.com/art2/mostharm/koreanwar.html

Korea goes to war over World of WarCraft Beta
Monday, February 9, 2004 Posted: 10:15 PM EST (1330 GMT)

Angry Koreans are seen here trying to be held off from attacking Blizzard Entertainment's HQ in Korea.

Blizzard Entertainment

KOREA (MH) -- Korea has gone to war with Blizzard Entertainment today upon hearing they will not be included in the initial beta tests.

Today angry Koreans stormed the streets all across the wired country as news about not being permitted to participate in Blizzard Entertainment's World of WarCraft Beta reaches every nook and cranny of Korea.

"We will not be oppressed by the tyrant we've come to know as Blizzard." said one Korean gamer. "We have all of the pros, we have all of the cafès and we have the best and brightest gamers. By excluding us in the initial phase Blizzard is asking for war, and war they shall get!" lashes out another enthusiastic Korean.

Blizzard tried to calm the people of Korea by telling them they would be selected as the intial testers for Blizzard's upcomming game "StarCraft: Ghost" but it worked against them as it was merely a catalyst to help fuel for war.

Kim Jong-il had this to say, "If they [America and Blizzard Entertainment] want war, then war they shall get!" Kim Jong-il then stepped down from his 4 foot high booster seat and ordered an immediate strike on Irvine, California. Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger was contacted immediatly about the actions going against his state and responded by telling us, "Kim Jong-il is a girly man who groped his way to the top. I am the Governator! I can not be stopped by a puny man like Kim Jong-il! I laugh in his face!" the Governor then called off the meeting as to attend to his new war efforts.

President Bush immediatly went on the air live to give a speech about the matter. "America will not stand by and watch evil Kim Jong-il lead his people to war with our friends and allies, Blizzard Entertainment. This is a great injustice to America and Korea, we will rebuild Korea as a democracy and cleanse it of its communist ways." President Bush commented. "Blizzard as our allies have equipped us with World of WarCraft Beta CD-Keys to fight off the enemy troops, we thank them and hope they continue to support us in the times ahead. Bush then went back to the white house and took a bath in oil and freshly minted 100 dollar bills.

When Americans, specifically Californians, were contacted about the matter they raved "We refuse to give up our beta keys! Give me beta, or give me death!" and chants of "GEE GEE KOREA!!!" could be heard all across the state.

Geoff Frazier, a leading PR representative for Blizzard Entertainment, had this to say about the matter. "We [Blizzard Entertainment] decided that with all of the special steroids we give to Korean players daily for StarCraft that they would respect our decision to initially allow citizens of the U.S. and surrounding countries over them. I guess like our balance changes, we were wrong wrong wrong." No further comments were given by Mr. Frazier.

In Korea over 7/8th of the country is wired, there are over 100,000 cyber cafès and StarCraft is taught in school. Advanced classes can be taken in college but getting in is very hard and once you are in things are only all the more rigorous.

Since opening schools for StarCraft, teen suicide ratings have increased and many families will not allow their daughter to marry unless they find a man who has a record of 2500-10-5 or better in StarCraft: Brood War

Here in America gaming is not nearly as popular but it is on the rise, with sites dedicated to WarCraft coverage and "ShoutCASTS" America is slowly but surely catching up to Korea.

The war will probably not end until the beta reaches Korea officially, until then we here at CNN.com advise hiding in your bunker because this is not going to be pretty.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth

Last edited by zagggon; 2004-04-05 at 08:35 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-04-05, 08:31 PM in reply to zagggon's post "Koreans Declare War On Blizzard..."
Looks fake to me. Find me that page on the actual www.cnn.com website, and not some angelfire page.

Last edited by Sovereign; 2004-04-05 at 08:37 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-04-05, 08:33 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Looks fake to me. Find me that page on..."
..................Then the ADHD kicks in and zagggon goes to watch Dora the explorer.

¡¡Yo tambien!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-04-05, 08:35 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "..................Then the ADHD kicks..."
Nonononono it's here now!
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-04-05, 08:37 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "..................Then the ADHD kicks..."
Get ready to read a staff members blatint abuse of power, in editing a post that is commonly posted on most message boards all over the web. Unable to keep to himself\herself they let there gayness out and decided to break there own rules and flame me. I cannot name a staff member who did it, and i serously dont give a fuck. I actully find it funny that you would sink to that level, just being cheap, you can make me say whatever you want, that is a power entrusted to you you know so you dont make an ass out of yourself as opposed to doing just the opposite. In cunclusion, I will probially become loserd just beacuse I stood up for what was right.

Ps. lame take on my zagggon quote you just made it look better, beacuse you have power to abuse, bitch.

Repost my post: HA HA HA HA HA HA

Wait, I bet I will get bitched for being offtopic, even worse I will get reedited. HA HA HA HA.

__________________________________________________ ______________

I am an elitest moron who spamms in the MEDIA forum even though i know i shouldnt, with retarded comments like "HA HA HA HA". please ignore my stupidity.
Zelaron - [ Translate this page ]
Zelaron est une communauté en ligne pour des gamers, des programmeurs et des ar.
www.yotor.com/wiki/fr/ze/Zelaron.htm - 5k - Cached - Similar pages

Last edited by Arkantis; 2004-04-05 at 09:03 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Arkantis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenArkantis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Arkantis

Posted 2004-04-05, 08:39 PM in reply to Arkantis's post starting "Get ready to read a staff members..."
Done and done?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-04-05, 08:42 PM in reply to Arkantis's post starting "Get ready to read a staff members..."
Arkantis said:
I am an elitest moron who spamms in the MEDIA forum even though i know i shouldnt, with retarded comments like "HA HA HA HA". please ignore my stupidity.
Trust me, there is nothing "elite" about him.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-04-05, 08:46 PM in reply to Arkantis's post starting "Get ready to read a staff members..."
Arkantis said:
WHo did that, I sure didnt.
Zelaron est une communauté en ligne pour des gamers, des programmeurs et des ar.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Arkantis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenArkantis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Arkantis

Posted 2004-04-05, 08:51 PM in reply to Arkantis's post starting "WHo did that, I sure didnt."
I did. Got a problem?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-04-05, 08:52 PM in reply to Arkantis's post starting "WHo did that, I sure didnt."
Lets use some common sence here.

The staff members are in red circles. So who the fuck do you THINK did it.

Btw, moved to chat. Lotso spam and non related to blizzard shit here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-04-05, 08:54 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I did. Got a problem?"
GravitonSurge said:
I did. Got a problem?
I would say that was an abuse of power, but that would be trolling. Then again what you did was trolling as well, you made a joke out of situation, I found it funny, I laughed. You have litte grounds to get pisssed off, follow the damn rules, what if I edited your posts to make you look stupid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Arkantis

Posted 2004-04-05, 08:54 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Lets use some common sence here. ..."
Don't lie, Sov. It was me. Trying to take all my glory???
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-04-05, 08:55 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Lets use some common sence here. ..."
It's bullshit.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-04-05, 08:55 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Lets use some common sence here. ..."
Offtopic, Might I ask why your zelaron looks different than mine?

Ontopic. That would be funny to see a war breakout because of a game/beta testing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-04-05, 08:56 PM in reply to Arkantis's post starting "I would say that was an abuse of power,..."
He's a news poster. I don't think he has the abilities of mods/supmods abilities, but he does have the connections.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-04-05, 08:56 PM in reply to Arkantis's post starting "I would say that was an abuse of power,..."
Arkantis said:
I would say that was an abuse of power
I would say he filtered out some spam, and got tired of it, and sent you a message. Since it IS in the chat forum now, he would have no more reason to do that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-04-05, 08:58 PM in reply to Arkantis's post starting "Get ready to read a staff members..."
Arkantis said:
an elitest
You see Grav I have fans, you dont and it bugs the hell out of ya
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon

Posted 2004-04-05, 09:00 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Offtopic, Might I ask why your zelaron..."
edit- shit i read the question wrong, heh...

Last edited by Sovereign; 2004-04-05 at 09:55 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-04-05, 09:01 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Offtopic, Might I ask why your zelaron..."
HandOfHeaven said:
Offtopic, Might I ask why your zelaron looks different than mine?
At the bottom of the screen you can choose a template.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-04-05, 09:02 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "edit- shit i read the question wrong,..."
Edit: nevermind, thanks RS.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven