Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Posted 2003-08-28, 03:11 PM in reply to JiDDaR's post "War against Iraq"
Yes, you have been fed propaganda. Do you really think you can believe the news? Do you really think the media is not influenced by the government or is at least republican biased? They are firing anyone who opposes the war, so how can you say that? They took the Dixie Chicks off the air just because they protested against the war.

How the hell do you know for sure that Iraq was harboring terrorists when not even Bush knows for sure. The CIA is considering doing an investigation to analyze the "millitary intelligence" that Bush used.

Funny that you should call me a liberal. I'm not actually a liberal, but I am anti-war. Until Bush usurped the presidency I was voting republican. But when Bush came along I just couldn't condone his stupidity and dishonesty.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Stripe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStripe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Stripe

Posted 2003-08-29, 03:20 AM in reply to JiDDaR's post "War against Iraq"
They protested, at a concert, i believe, people paid to see them sing, not to have their oppinions shoved down their throat...

Where do you get the 'intelligence' that our 'intelligence' is wrong?

Your throwing and endless loop, and i already told you, i get most of my news on the internet, from various sources, mainly google.. 'google: war on iraq'

I did generalize, that, sorry, most anti-war are liberal hippies, of which i hate.

("God damn hippies, i hate them so much god DAMNIT I HATE EM" quote of the great Eric Cartman)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-08-29, 11:11 AM in reply to JiDDaR's post "War against Iraq"
`Insolence` said:
They protested, at a concert, i believe, people paid to see them sing, not to have their oppinions shoved down their throat...
You are right that this was an unprofessional thing to do. I don't even like the Dixie chicks but the point I made is the same. They got taken off the air for this. Not because they were unprofessional at a concert, but because they are against the war. It seems clear that the reason why they were suppressed from the radio is so that they could not influence others with their views on the war.

Quote:
Where do you get the 'intelligence' that our 'intelligence' is wrong?
The CIA felt that they had reason to question it. Even Bush is starting to admit that it was faulty. This 'intelligence' is just a gathering of speculation gathered from the few military personel in Iraq before the war. That's part of the problem with military 'intelligence': it's mainly speculation. As a former ROTC member, I know for the fact that this military intelligence is not even necessarily required to be based on fact at all.

Quote:
i get most of my news on the internet, from various sources, mainly google.. 'google: war on iraq'
I get my facts from governmental research by official US diplomats and professors at leading universities, because these are the people who really know what's going on. The "news" is not good enough.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Stripe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStripe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Stripe

Posted 2003-08-29, 12:49 PM in reply to JiDDaR's post "War against Iraq"
My personal opinion before I read everyone elses opinion (which doesn't help much). I have to say it is the United States problem... What are we the dictator of every countries decision? Really people who cares what they do. It is their choice and if we say they are enemies because they choice not to fight then hell we have a lot of enemies!

About the oil thing. I have to disagree. We have plenty of oil... I don't know why people say it is because of the oil... Tell you the truth I think it is because of the fear. United States thinks of itself as a leader. We started the United Nations with Wilsons 14 point speach however the other Nations kind of took it the wrong way and created a United Nations of only Allied powers but droping Russia behind... But the United States was always known to want piece over war. As for the other countries since back then during World War one and two it was more about killing their "family" members and having ultimate power. The United States however wanted the ideals of peace but it always slapped in thier faces. Know or days the United States is becoming the agressive party... Which didn't surprise a lot of people because Bush and the Rebulican party is in power. So this war really happen because Bush wanted to finish what his father started... And he had reliable reasons to fight. It was just not so reliable for everyone else.

But as of know it is over. There is nothing we can do but get American soldiers out of Iraq. That is what we need to do. But does anyone actually listen and do the right thing... Hell no!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
VampyreHell is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenVampyreHell is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

VampyreHell

Posted 2003-08-29, 03:32 PM in reply to JiDDaR's post "War against Iraq"
VampyreHell said:
About the oil thing. I have to disagree. We have plenty of oil...
i think not!! gas prices hereare now about $2.50!!! dam we need that land!!

what makes the US a world power??
it is because the US put there foot down and said to themselves, hey, i have the power....at the time japan was a world power and went against US.....so when they his pearl harbor.....it was game over already!!
we hit them once...nothing
then we hit them a 2nd time.....surender
we hit them so hard that the radiation even killed there next generation, dam that was hard !!
but after that, we where known as a wold power!

sam with 9/11
we have to find who did it and show the world we mean busness, no one messes with us!!

saddam .......$25 million head
USAMA BIN LADEN........$25 million head
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman

Posted 2003-08-29, 03:33 PM in reply to JiDDaR's post "War against Iraq"
Gas has just reached 2.00 a gallon for premium here
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-08-29, 04:55 PM in reply to JiDDaR's post "War against Iraq"
Yeah I'm pretty sure one of the main reasons for the war was the need for oil. Damn shitty reason if you ask me. I know the Iraq war is technically over, but what I'm concerned about is the idea of attacking the surrounding countries as well. Rumsfeld has stated that he thinks the US should go after Iran as well, which is completely absurd.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Stripe

Posted 2003-08-29, 06:43 PM in reply to JiDDaR's post "War against Iraq"
Whats wrong with us going to war for oil, if we desparately need it? Sadaam is a horrible opressor and dictator, he should be out of power, even if he wasnt a threat to us, but he IS a threat to the surrounding countries (kuwait mainly)

Sadaam did the same to kuwait, but did he need it... no?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-08-29, 07:15 PM in reply to JiDDaR's post "War against Iraq"
`Insolence` said:
Whats wrong with us going to war for oil, if we desparately need it?
So apparently you think death is worth it. Hydrogen power is already being used in europe, we should just try to use hydrogen power instead of killing off a bunch of countries.

Quote:
Sadaam is a horrible opressor and dictator
True. But I don't think it's our business to take him out of power. The US is not the police of the world.

Quote:
Sadaam did the same to kuwait
So you're using that as a reason why we should as well? That's like us being the terrorists!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Stripe

Posted 2003-08-30, 12:12 AM in reply to JiDDaR's post "War against Iraq"
if its not our job to police the world of terrorism, then who will? some small tribe in africa named Poko Peke?
If anyone should we should.

The US is a Super Power, we felt threatened we will deal with it. Everyone in office has been some tight asses maybe its just bout time someone with balls comes into office. He does'nt take shit from anyone, u cross him your country=fucked.

If u saw ur neighbor who lives next door kill a innocent woman, what would u do? Pretend it never happened and ignore that u ever saw it? Or would u actually step up and do something.
May I add Saddam has done way more then kill innocent people..

The Cia and our government obviously knows something we do not about Iraq and Saddam and his fucking weapons.

So why dont u just let them do there fucking jobs
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Evil-Scott is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEvil-Scott is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Evil-Scott

Posted 2003-08-30, 08:28 PM in reply to JiDDaR's post "War against Iraq"
Well we are a conquering nation just like any other nation. We are all enemies in to ourself... Their is no right or wrong... Only mans beliefs that invade each other. But that is for another story.

The gas prices are up is because it was cheaper to buy from Iraq and middle eastern countries. Know the freaken idiots still stayed with the middle east even in the war for no reason. Their is enough oil and can be given cheaper price but they are to thick headed to do so!

Well the Iraqi war was way diffrent then the terriost war. Saddam in all truthfullness was not a "terriost" since he governed his own country. He is a dictator. A terriost ussually refers to anyone that is a radical and commits hatefull crimes that is not a goverment alliance. Hitler was a terriost then he bacame a ruler... And it goes on from there. Anyway the diffrence between this war and the terriost war is that it is faught for diffrent reason. Though people don't see it that way because of the closness of the two wars. But in reality they are diffrent. It can be about oil but that is not the number one thing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
VampyreHell is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenVampyreHell is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

VampyreHell

Posted 2003-08-31, 04:58 PM in reply to JiDDaR's post "War against Iraq"
Evil-Scott said:
The Cia and our government obviously knows something we do not about Iraq and Saddam and his fucking weapons.

So why dont u just let them do there fucking jobs
Because this is a democracy. If you don't know what a democracy is, look it up. Our founding fathers gave their lives so that America would be run by and for its citizens. I can't believe Americans are not more pissed off that we haven't been given enough truthful information or say in what goes on for that matter. I am an American patriot and I have lost family to this war. I have made sacrifices that you don't understand. I love America as my country but I think our current government are terrorists themselves. They have committed acts of terrorism on the people of Iraq and they have committed acts of terrorism on their own citizens by sending them out to fight and die for reasons they aren't even aware of.

Here's something to consider. I know the twin towers was an act of injustice just like all mass killings. But if it had been done by an actual country and if they had actually declared war on us, would you still think it was terrorism? Really it's very similar to what we just did to Baghdad, except we were more organized (making formal declarations and stuff).

I am not stupid enough to try to change your mind by myself, but I will not stand by while ignorant people like you preach about what you don't understand. And yes, I can tell that you have no idea what you are talking about just by reading your post.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Stripe

Posted 2003-08-31, 07:07 PM in reply to JiDDaR's post "War against Iraq"
Terrorism and goverment affairs are two diffrent things. But anyway Terrorism refers to radical groups of people that committ crimes based on their beliefs. Goverment crimes down to other countries are totelly diffrent. Yes they can be consider terrorism to a certian degree but their is diffrent term that they use for this and I forget what that term was.

Anyway it depends how you see what the goverment is doing. If we knew all the facts I am sure most of us will have a second opinion on this but since the goverment is hush hush.... Then in reality we really have no say in this at all insept the fact that people hate war. Which is to me is an oxymoron since the whole point humanity is to take over and conquer. I seen people do it all the time even if it is not about war it is either about fighting over a girl friend or a play station game. This is just another human urge to fight. Like any other human being who gets stuck in a threatnining situation... They fight. However is it the right thing to do? It depends on your level of moralty which conflicts with your natural instincts many times.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

VampyreHell

Posted 2003-09-01, 08:35 AM in reply to JiDDaR's post "War against Iraq"
Stripe said:
Because this is a democracy. If you don't know what a democracy is, look it up. Our founding fathers gave their lives so that America would be run by and for its citizens. I can't believe Americans are not more pissed off that we haven't been given enough truthful information or say in what goes on for that matter. I am an American patriot and I have lost family to this war. I have made sacrifices that you don't understand. I love America as my country but I think our current government are terrorists themselves. They have committed acts of terrorism on the people of Iraq and they have committed acts of terrorism on their own citizens by sending them out to fight and die for reasons they aren't even aware of.
Our country is run by its citizens, millions voted for Bush and he won the office. It's what our counties choice was, a vote by the people===democracy. If you claim our government are terrorist then wouldnt all the people who voted for Bush also be? We put him in his spot in office, and he is carrying out his duty. There are many things to balance the government to make sure that one side dont have more power. All starting when our first colonist came.

Limited government, in which power of the government was limited, not absolute.
Representative government, a government in which people elect delegates to make laws and conduct government.
Popular sovereignty--rule by the people.
Federalism, power is divided between national and state governments.
Seperation of powers, each branch has its responsibilities.
Checks and Balances, where each branch of government has some control over the others.
Limited Government meaning that the Constitution limits the actions of government by specifically listing powers it does and does not have.
etc etc..

I do know what I am talking about. The government all has certain jobs to do and carry out. The president does not make 100% of the decisions. Everything the President wants has to go through congress to be passed.

It all started when the people casted there votes. As for War, u need to take back ur shitty statement. "I have made sacrifices that you don't understand." My grandfather was in WWII. My uncle Robert was in Vietnam. My other uncle Alan was in Desert storm. Not to count my brother signing up with coast guard this past week. My great grandparents were also in wars. My family has been fighting its whole life to protect life for this country. So dont give me your shit that i dont understand. Your not the only person in the US who has lost someone!

Its a chain of cause and effect.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Evil-Scott is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEvil-Scott is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Evil-Scott

Posted 2003-09-04, 09:44 AM in reply to JiDDaR's post "War against Iraq"
First of all, Bush did not get the popular vote and according to the latest counts he didn't even get the electoral vote. I know you're going to find a way to disagree with that, so I'm not even going to push the issue further because I'm tired of arguing with people who don't even have their information straight.

But even the people who voted for Bush could not have known what he and his ilk were going to inflict on the world, so no. The people are not terrorists. They only become terrorists when they encourage his acts of terrorism.

Telling you that you don't understand was not a wise thing to say, I will admit. I've lost family to each one of the wars that you mentioned as well, starting with my grandfather in WWII. However, I was talking specifically about this war, which is different.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Stripe

Posted 2003-09-04, 01:20 PM in reply to JiDDaR's post "War against Iraq"
Stripe said:
First of all, Bush did not get the popular vote and according to the latest counts he didn't even get the electoral vote. I know you're going to find a way to disagree with that, so I'm not even going to push the issue further because I'm tired of arguing with people who don't even have their information straight.
http://www.ballot-access.org/2000/apportion.html

http://www.fec.gov/pubrec/fe2000/elecvotemap.htm

http://www.azstarnet.com/vote2000/

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/G00/El...lByRegion.html

looks to me like he did get the electoral vote......
the information there straight enough for ya to understand?

Who is in office as we speak? The voting is over now it means nothing now. Bush won, if there was a mistake it was made by the people who tallied the votes. Its not gona change now who is president, its already said and done...get over the election issues.

If the US really wanted Gore for pres then the votes shouldnt of been as close, and Gore just might have been. But the elections were close, and Bush came on top.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Evil-Scott

Posted 2003-09-06, 11:06 AM in reply to JiDDaR's post "War against Iraq"
Oh you have so much faith in websites.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Stripe