Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Roy Jones Jr.
Posted 2004-09-25, 10:18 PM
Just got knocked the fuck out hardcore by Glen Johnson. Yes, Glen Johnson. Who is that exactly? That is my point...

Roy Jones Jr. is probably my favorite boxer of all time. Tyson is a close second, but Jones' style has intrigued me so much. He is just such an arrogant, cocky son of a bitch, that you have to like him. His movement, crafty footwork, lightning fast reflexes, and insane hand speed helped him to an unbelievable boxing record. There is nothing more exciting than watching a boxer literally jump into his opponent, land a hard ass left upper-cut hook, and watch the bodies drop.

It all but appears as though that era has come to a close. This is his second knockout in as many fights. He was heavily favored in both bouts too. It is truely a sad day for me. "It was like watching a king die tonight..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-09-25, 10:22 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Roy Jones Jr."
Damn. Missed the fight.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-25, 10:23 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Damn. Missed the fight."
It was totally one sided. Jones got owned in all aspects. I'm so utterly depressed right now..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-09-25, 10:24 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Roy Jones Jr."
Didn't Glen Johnson say he would knock ROy out in 8?

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-09-25, 10:25 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Didn't Glen Johnson say he would knock..."
I don't think so. I do know, however, that Mayorga said he would knockout Trinidad in 8 rounds, and they fight next Saturday, pay per view, October 2nd. That will be a great fight to watch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-09-25, 10:28 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I don't think so. I do know, however,..."
That's what it was. (It was playing in the background)

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-09-25, 10:32 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "That's what it was. (It was playing in..."
*sigh*

My parents never ket me order PPV boxing. Roy Jones' career is over though. He had a good one, it's probably time. Believe me, I felt the same way every time Tyson got beat, especially in the recent past.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-25, 11:03 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "*sigh* My parents never ket me order..."
Probably another rigged match, the same people that paid Tyson to lose to Lennox.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-09-26, 09:31 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "Roy Jones Jr."
Ali. Hands down the best boxer ever in his prime.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-09-26, 09:40 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Ali. Hands down the best boxer ever in..."
Shit, I just watched the fight. Roy Jones got his ass kicked. It wasn't even close.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-26, 11:21 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Ali. Hands down the best boxer ever in..."
MightyJoe said:
Ali. Hands down the best boxer ever in his prime.
Pff, Tyson would've knocked Clay out.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-09-26, 11:42 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Pff, Tyson would've knocked Clay out."
Adrenachrome said:
Pff, Tyson would've knocked Clay out.
I doubt it. I don't think Tyson has anything on Ali.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-26, 02:26 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I doubt it. I don't think Tyson has..."
Tyson in his prime would've beat any boxer in history playa.

His amatuer record was 24-3.
His first pro year his record was 15-0 all knockouts.
And when his record reached 28-0 he became the youngest man in history to be crowned heavyweight champion on the world.

I watched Tyson knock people out, that didn't get knocked out, ever.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-09-26, 10:15 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Tyson in his prime would've beat any..."
Tyson is definitely a beast. I wish I wasn't so damn young when he was kicking niqqa's asses left and right.

And Tyson definitely has strength over Clay. Technique goes to Clay, and speed is probably about equal. Tyson was more of a killer in his haydays, but Ali's footwork is better. It would certainly be a great fight to watch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-09-27, 01:30 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Tyson is definitely a beast. I wish I..."
RIght on, I just watched that Jones-Johnson match again.
(I don't watch boxing as much as Pride or UFC)

I think your boy is through. I don't think he had a whole lot of business in the ring with Glen.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-09-28, 01:07 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "RIght on, I just watched that..."
Unfortunately I think he is done too. It's sad seeing so many great eras come to an end all at one time, so it seems..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied