Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Democratic National Convention coverage '08
Posted 2008-08-27, 11:38 AM
I'm going to go ahead and post some of the coverage from the DNC, which started this past Monday in Denver, CO.

To start thing off, Senator Kennedy (recently diagnosed with a Brain tumor) made a very emotional speech. It was great to watch live, excellent and still has a good kick to his personality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l68UY...eature=related

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l68UYDuICe0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l68UYDuICe0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Best speech IMO so far, Dennis Kucinich who i've always been a huge fan of, he's a bit paranoid I believe, but he has a very good heart, and is a very motivational speaker. I had to go ahead and listen to it again while posting this, very great to hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv0smG7ptcM&feature=user

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lv0smG7ptcM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lv0smG7ptcM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Up next, was last night actually, as Hillary Clinton made an appearance and preached the blessings of being 'United'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeFMZ...eature=related

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MeFMZ7fpGHY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MeFMZ7fpGHY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And last but not least, probably the most Emotional speech, from Michelle Obama which took place Monday night.. This could be remembered down the road in our history, who knows. Very excellent, time can only tell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=790hG6qBPx0&feature=user

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/790hG6qBPx0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/790hG6qBPx0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tonight, Former President Clinton is slotted to speak tonight, as well as 'VP' Joe Biden. Should be nice to watch. I'm uneasy about Bill, but Hillary took good aim at helping the party, hopefully Bill will follow, and Joe Biden has always been a great speaker. Should be exciting. I will update tomorrow.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-08-28, 01:01 PM in reply to D3V's post "Democratic National Convention coverage..."
Well, last night there were an array of great speeches that entertained me as I still felt slightly under the weather.

Anyways, Bill Clinton had a good speech towards the end, defiantely give it a look.

Here is the full 27 minute clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_6IXjUNP84

Also, a great speech from Joe biden, very emotional.

Joe Biden part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKsEWrYv3Uw

part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jop31YLxF8

part3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09ugYiF5tSI

Barack Obama is going to give his acceptance speech in front of 80,000 people tonight, should be exciting. Security is top notch for this event.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-08-28, 04:32 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well, last night there were an array of..."
Here's a quick comical message from the protestors, "F*** Fox News"..

Classic.

RECREATE '68 BABY!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoDsQ2VNArI

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-08-29, 08:17 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Here's a quick comical message from the..."
loll, the daily show is hilarious today. It's making fun of Obama. It had the beginning of the lion king, but his head superimposed on Simba's body, with little ears :P. And now it's saying he got a spirit goat to talk to him in Kenya, rofl.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-08-29, 08:28 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "loll, the daily show is hilarious..."
The acceptance speech was pretty awesome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-08-29, 09:28 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "The acceptance speech was pretty..."
The acceptance speech was amazingly put together, and eloquently delivered. I talked with my Grandmother this morning about the speec (by the way she's still a huge Hillary supporter) and she said that she was just in awe. How strikingly similar he energizes people like JFK did back when she was a bit younger, she said it was just amazing, and she really feels now she can back him fully. Which is a sigh of relief!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQGsP8mnHsg

There is the entire speech, please watch it for yourself with an open mind.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-08-29, 09:53 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "The acceptance speech was amazingly put..."
i really like him, i think he's cool. john mccain is just an old rich bastard and now he's picked some chick to be his vp which he probably doesnt want, just thinks it'll help put him in the white house and keep doing the same shit bush has been doing. i need to go register so i can vote, otherwise i probably shouldn't be bitching about this stuff lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeTuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Tuttifrutti

Posted 2008-08-29, 09:55 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "The acceptance speech was amazingly put..."
I find it funny that Obama had to stay 'Thank You' at least 30 times to the crowd so he could talk
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-29, 11:46 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I find it funny that Obama had to stay..."
did anyone see how emotional everyone got? i laughed when i saw all the people who were crying
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-29, 11:49 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "did anyone see how emotional everyone..."
thats because you're very unemotional
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeTuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Tuttifrutti

Posted 2008-08-29, 11:54 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "did anyone see how emotional everyone..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
did anyone see how emotional everyone got? i laughed when i saw all the people who were crying
I guess you don't realize how symbolic of an event this. I guess there are more important things like when your hotpockets are going to be finished cooking. You are laughing because you are ignorant, you are ignorant because you aren't educated, and you aren't educated because your are stupid. It's a chain of events that support you being a moron.

I got somewhat emotional, as I knew while watching it that down the road this could very well be viewed as the time when America reclaimed itself in the Global economy, as well as our inherited hatred could go down, and finally as a Nation, and more importantly as a World move forward.

"WE ARE HERE TO NURTURE OUR PLANET. WE ARE HELP TO GUARD THIS FUCKING PLACE NOT TO DESTROY IT FOR GOD'S SAKE. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF UNEQUAL GLOBALISM. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF FACISIM. I AM SICK OF TIRED OF THIS TYPE OF PEOPLE" -Serj Tankian (front man SOAD)

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-08-29, 11:58 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I guess you don't realize how symbolic..."
D3V said: [Goto]
I guess you don't realize how symbolic of an event this. I guess there are more important things like when your hotpockets are going to be finished cooking. You are laughing because you are ignorant, you are ignorant because you aren't educated, and you aren't educated because your are stupid. It's a chain of events that support you being a moron.

I got somewhat emotional, as I knew while watching it that down the road this could very well be viewed as the time when America reclaimed itself in the Global economy, as well as our inherited hatred could go down, and finally as a Nation, and more importantly as a World move forward.

"WE ARE HERE TO NURTURE OUR PLANET. WE ARE HELP TO GUARD THIS FUCKING PLACE NOT TO DESTROY IT FOR GOD'S SAKE. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF UNEQUAL GLOBALISM. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF FACISIM. I AM SICK OF TIRED OF THIS TYPE OF PEOPLE" -Serj Tankian (front man SOAD)
i want this message sticked so in 4 years i can say, nope just another president... nothing new
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-29, 12:18 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "i want this message sticked so in 4..."
You can mark my words. I had ignored your insolence until this point.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-08-29, 12:31 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "did anyone see how emotional everyone..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
I would love nothing more than for you, as well as every other person like you, to be removed from the face of the earth. The reason people were getting emotional is because there's finally a little bit of hope that we can get people like you out of power and fix the shit that people like you have fucked up. As I've said time and time again, people like you are at the root of all of humanities problems. Lucky for you, you have somewhat of an excuse, because you're just an immature fucktard, and that's excusable at your age. Not everyone matures at the same time. For some people it takes a while. Hopefully one day you'll grow out of it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-10-27, 07:52 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I would love nothing more than for you,..."
Quote:
as i've said time and time again, people like you are at the root of all of humanities problems. Lucky for you, you have somewhat of an excuse, because you're just an immature fucktard, and that's excusable at your age. Not everyone matures at the same time. For some people it takes a while. Hopefully one day you'll grow out of it.
r-o-f-l

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V