Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Jennifer Hudson's Mother and Brother Dead
Posted 2008-10-24, 08:27 PM
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/hudson-spo...other/14614?nc

Yahoo! said:
CHICAGO - The mother and brother of Jennifer Hudson were found shot dead Friday at a South Side home, and police were looking for a missing child who is the nephew of the singer and Oscar-winning actress.

"We can confirm that there is an ongoing investigation concerning the deaths of Jennifer Hudson's mother, Darnell Donerson, and her brother, Jason Hudson," Hudson's personal publicist, Lisa Kasteler, said in a statement. "No further comment will be made and the family has asked that their privacy be respected at this difficult time."

Police spokeswoman Monique Bond said the deaths appeared to be the result of domestic abuse.

Deputy Chief Joseph Patterson said a family member entered the home around 3 p.m. Friday, found a woman shot on the living room floor and left to notify authorities. Responding officers found a man shot in the bedroom, Patterson said. There was no sign of forced entry.

Police tape blocked access to the large, white house, where a crowd gathered outside.

Authorities issued an Amber Alert for 7-year-old Julian King and were seeking a 1994 white Chevrolet Suburban. The child was the grandson of the female victim, Patterson said.

The alert said the child was possibly abducted and could be accompanied by a man named William Balfour — considered armed and dangerous — who was a suspect in the double homicide investigation. Records from the Illinois Department of Corrections show Balfour, 27, who has not been charged with a crime, is on parole and spent nearly seven years in prison for attempted murder, vehicular hijacking and possessing a stolen vehicle.

The two could also be in a teal or green Chrysler Concorde with a temporary license plate, a left front headlight hanging out and scratches on the left side of the vehicle, police said.

The tragedy comes as Hudson, who grew up in Chicago, continues to reach new heights in her career. Her song "Spotlight" is No. 1 on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop charts and her recently released, self-tiled debut album and has been a top seller. She was featured in this year's blockbuster "Sex and the City" movie and is also starring in the hit film "The Secret Life of Bees."

She won an Academy Award for best supporting actress in 2007 for her role in "Dreamgirls." In an interview last year with Vogue, Hudson credited her mother with encouraging her to audition for "American Idol," which launched her career.

The singer, whose father died when she was a teenager, described herself as very close to her family. In a recent AP interview she said her family, which includes older siblings Julia and Jason, helped keep her grounded.

"My faith in God and my family, they're very realistic and very normal, they're not into the whole limelight kind of thing, so when I go home to Chicago that's just another place that's home," she said. "I stand in line with everybody else, or, when I go home to my mom I'm just Jennifer, (so she says), 'You get up and you take care of your own stuff.' And I love that; I don't like when people tell you everything you want to hear, I want to hear the truth, you know what I mean."

Hudson recently announced her engagement to David Otunga, best known for his stint on VH1's reality show "I Love New York."

Hudson's representatives would not disclose her whereabouts Friday. She had been scheduled to appear Monday in Los Angeles to collect an ensemble cast honor at the Hollywood Awards for "The Secret Life of Bees" with co-stars including Alicia Keys, Queen Latifah and Dakota Fanning.
I really feel sorry for her. I don't follow her at all and know nothing about her, but I hate to hear about someone having such bad luck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-10-24, 08:43 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Jennifer Hudson's Mother and Brother..."
I... have no idea who this is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-10-24, 10:52 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I... have no idea who this is."
She was an american Idle winner. The only reason her family is on the news is because she is famous.. which is why I really don't care that her family died. What about Joe the Plumbers grandmother who is diabetic, and fighting cancer fo rthe past 48 years? Stupid media..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-25, 10:57 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "She was an american Idle winner. The..."
No, they are on the news because they were gunned down and the kid was abducted. And last I checked, anytime someone was the victim of a shooting, it has been in the news. Especially if only half of the tenants of a home were capped and others taken away. Joe the plumber isn't important because there are tons of people whose loved ones are dealing with cancer and diabetic. Joe the plumber is the one who has the less important family issue here...
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2008-10-25, 12:24 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "No, they are on the news because they..."
So you judge less important by who died and who didn't? Doesn't seem very fair tell that to Joe the Plumbers face.. I would tell it to Hudsons families face but, well they are all dead.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-25, 07:32 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "So you judge less important by who died..."
No, because Joe the plumbers relatives are still alive. As are plenty of people with Diabetes and Cancer. Those are natural diseases and aren't the cause of some dick with a vendetta trying to get even and taking someone's life. Do you feel that Jennifer Hudson would be getting any attention if her family had died of natural causes?
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2008-10-25, 09:54 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "No, because Joe the plumbers relatives..."
Draco2003 said: [Goto]
No, because Joe the plumbers relatives are still alive. As are plenty of people with Diabetes and Cancer. Those are natural diseases and aren't the cause of some dick with a vendetta trying to get even and taking someone's life. Do you feel that Jennifer Hudson would be getting any attention if her family had died of natural causes?
Uh, yes, her family probably would get attention, no matter how someone in her family died. She's famous, that's just the way it is. But bad things happen to everyone, not just celebrities.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeTuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Tuttifrutti

Posted 2008-10-26, 12:53 AM in reply to Tuttifrutti's post starting "Uh, yes, her family probably would get..."
Tuttifrutti said: [Goto]
Uh, yes, her family probably would get attention, no matter how someone in her family died. She's famous, that's just the way it is. But bad things happen to everyone, not just celebrities.
Most of the time they only get put in the media if they are a celebrity though. You never hear of the murder that took place in wyoming, wait.. you do. It's usually a 5 minute blurb on the news which they had to put in as a filler. Remember when Kanyeh's (however you spell it) mother died? It was ALL over the radio (stations we listen to). It was on the news, on talk shows... why?! Because he is a famous celebrity.. Where was my grandmothers converage when she died? We are peasants and do NOT matter in the big picture.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-26, 10:34 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "She was an american Idle winner. The..."
Joe the Plumber, if you're referring to the actual one, is a fraud. He's gotten tons of attention. If you're using that name as an allegory, a lot of unknown people become media sensations when murder and/or children are involved. Look at that skanky ho who killed her kid. She's pretty famous now. Your grandmother was one of many hundreds of thousands that died that year. Not every death can be covered on syndicated news networks, only the ones that are out of the ordinary and which they believe will increase their ratings.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-10-26, 07:39 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Joe the Plumber, if you're referring to..."
Jesus, if you don't care her family died then don't fucking post.

This is horrible news, and it sucks there is still an 8 year old CHILD missing/dead.

If this happened to anyone else, there would be news coverage across the nation. Look at the 'Caylee Anthony' story, it's been talked about for so long and it's just a little girl missing. Saying you don't care that somebody's family was slain and another member is possibly dead/won't return is horrible.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-10-26, 07:41 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Jesus, if you don't care her family..."
Even if she were not famous, this would quite possibly be on the news.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-10-27, 07:09 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Jesus, if you don't care her family..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Jesus, if you don't care her family died then don't fucking post.

This is horrible news, and it sucks there is still an 8 year old CHILD missing/dead.

If this happened to anyone else, there would be news coverage across the nation. Look at the 'Caylee Anthony' story, it's been talked about for so long and it's just a little girl missing. Saying you don't care that somebody's family was slain and another member is possibly dead/won't return is horrible.
Fortunately Devin, everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. So it's nice that you don't want us to even post in here, maybe you should try ignoring us? Yeah, not that simple, I know.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeTuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Tuttifrutti

Posted 2008-10-27, 07:34 AM in reply to Tuttifrutti's post starting "Fortunately Devin, everyone is allowed..."
Tuttifrutti said: [Goto]
Fortunately Devin, everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. So it's nice that you don't want us to even post in here, maybe you should try ignoring us? Yeah, not that simple, I know.
So you honestly feel that a mother and her son being slain and another nephew being missing is something we shouldn't care about? --Maybe you should consider voting McCain if you really feel that way. I'm not saying you have to go out and search for the missing kid but a little sympathy never hurt anyone. And her being a celebrity makes no difference in this story, she's still a human.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V