Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

12 foods you should be eating all the time
Posted 2008-11-05, 05:11 PM
The top twelve worst junk foods that you should NEVER eat
Probably the best way to start learning how to pick the right foods and make fat burning meals is to tell you what NOT to eat. If you know what not to eat, then through a process of elimination, you’ll be much more likely to choose the right things. Make sense?
The 12 worst fat-storing foods you should never eat:
X Ice cream
X Fried foods
X Doughnuts and pastries
X Candy, chocolate & sweets
X Soda
X Fruit “drinks” and other sugar-sweetened beverages
X Potato chips
X Bacon, sausage
X White Bread
X Hot dogs, fast food burgers
X Cookies
X Sugary breakfast cereals

The top twelve best foods you should eat regularly
OK, now that you know what you shouldn’t eat, let’s talk about what you should eat. This recommended food list, called “the terrific twelve,” might be the most valuable resource in this entire program. Although the possible variety in your food choices is nearly infinite, these are the staple foods that will make up the foundation of your program. Variety is important, but these are the foods you can’t go wrong with and the ones you’ll keep coming back to time after time.
The 12 best foods you should eat all the time:
�� Oatmeal (or other whole grain cooked cereals such as barley, wheat, rye, etc)
�� Yams (or sweet potatoes)
�� Potatoes (white or red)
�� Brown Rice
�� Whole wheat bread and 100% whole grain products
�� Vegetables
�� Fresh Fruit
�� Low fat & non fat dairy products (yogurt, cheese, milk, etc)
�� Chicken or turkey breast
�� Egg whites (or “egg beaters”)
�� Lean red meat (top round, extra lean sirloin)
�� Fish and shellfish

In a similar vein is the ABS POWER DIET. It is just a goofy acronym, and it stands for:
1) Almonds and Other Nuts
Eat them with skins intact.

2) Beans and Other Legumes
Including soybeans, chickpeas, pinto beans, navy beans, kidney beans, lima beans.

3) Spinach and Other Green Vegetables

4) Dairy Products
Fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese.

5) Instant Oatmeal
Unsweetened, unflavored.

6) Eggs

7) Turkey and Other Lean Meats
Lean steak, chicken, fish.

8) Peanut Butter
All-natural, sugar-free.

9) Olive Oil

10) Whole-Grain Breads and Cereals

11) Extra-Protein (Whey) Powder

12) Raspberries and Other Berries

More here: http://www.menshealth.com/cda/articl...3cd____&page=1

Last edited by Grav; 2008-11-05 at 05:16 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-11-05, 06:00 PM in reply to Grav's post "12 foods you should be eating all the..."
even though junk food is a no go zone, sometimes a minimal serving directly after your workout is helpful in spiking blood insulin levels that have been depleted from your workout, which in turn also helps with protein synthesis
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2008-11-05, 06:13 PM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "even though junk food is a no go zone,..."
You can use any simple carbs for your post-workout meal, I usually use bread. I wouldn't do something like ice cream though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-11-05, 06:17 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "You can use any simple carbs for your..."
yuck.. the closest thing i eat to ice cream is home made frozen yoghurt. i cant eat any non solid foods after my workout since i find it makes me wanto be sick.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2008-11-05, 08:44 PM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "yuck.. the closest thing i eat to ice..."
I just finished my workout and omg does ice cream sound freaking good!! Actually, just anything cold and wet would be ideal for me. Cereal is always ftw.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-11-05, 09:12 PM in reply to Grav's post "12 foods you should be eating all the..."
Spicey foods and grapefruit supposedly increase your metabolism. You also cannot go wrong with celery for weight loss :P. Toppings on the celery, on the otherhand, can offset its non-existant Calories.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-11-05, 10:24 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Spicey foods and grapefruit supposedly..."
spicey foods are good for increasing your metabolism, and they also help your body burn fat more efficiently
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

PureRebel

Posted 2008-11-06, 09:27 AM in reply to Grav's post "12 foods you should be eating all the..."
Chocolate can be good for you in moderation.

Wiki link
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-11-06, 10:55 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Chocolate can be good for you in..."
Dark though, not so much the Hersheys bastardization.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2008-11-06, 12:37 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Dark though, not so much the Hersheys..."
Exactly.

I've heard that as well WKFF.

Great setup Grav, a good rule of thumb as well if you can just stay away from processed foods, you'll be more in the clear than if you always consume foods that have been processed.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-11-06, 04:26 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Exactly. I've heard that as well..."
most people know that. you'd have to be stupid to eat processed foods :P unless you're having a cheat day or have some kind of good excuse. most processed meats like beef and chicken have anywhere upto 3x more fat in them.. eww.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

PureRebel

Posted 2008-11-09, 03:19 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Dark though, not so much the Hersheys..."
Grav said: [Goto]
...not so much the Hersheys bastardization.

QFT. Hershey's chocolate makes me sick.

---

It's all very well giving a list of twelve things not to eat (all twelve of which make up part of my diet), and a list of twelve things you should eat (the only things on that list I do eat are chicken/turkey breast, and lean red meat), but you haven't explained why. I've not got the time to look at the link and read through the page(s), so could you give a quick explanation?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny