Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

Wisdom Teeth Removal
Posted 2009-07-02, 02:50 PM
It wasn't bad at all! It took an hour from arriving to leave the dentist, and I had been put on a valium and demarol before I got there. They didn't really do much besides make me sleepy. Then when we went in there he numbed the fuck out of mouth in 30 places and started cutting my gums open with a scalpel. I didn't even notice when he removed the first wisdom tooth from the top, either.

So yea, aside from the night after the removal, this whole thing hasn't been so bad at all. So don't worry if you have to have it done, it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be . But be careful when you're messing with the gauze in your mouth after the fact. I had put tea bags in my mouth to try and stop the bleeding, and I think some of the tea leaves got out and into the sockets. Aside from breaking my leg, it was the most painful thing I've felt in my entire life.

But now it's good .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-07-02, 02:51 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Wisdom Teeth Removal"
Did you say Valium?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-07-02, 02:55 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Wisdom Teeth Removal"
Well that's good to hear. I've got an appointment in 2 weeks =[ and then will get recommended somewhere to have it removed I would imagine. How long is the healing process supposed to take?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-07-02, 02:57 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well that's good to hear. I've got an..."
Well D3v, 1-2 weeks I think to be pretty normal. I'm not nearly as sore the next day, but I took a loratab just in case.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-07-02, 02:59 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Well D3v, 1-2 weeks I think to be..."
I'm sure the pain meds are going to help. Along with smoking a little buddah I don't think i'll feel very much pain. Actually my tooth pain right now is soothed from being high I honestly don't notice the pain.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-07-02, 03:03 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'm sure the pain meds are going to..."
Yea. If I were you I'd get all of them out at once if you're getting it done. Just so you don't have to do it again. Mind you you won't be able to eat much for the first day at least. I'm probably going to eat macaroni tonight (I had it done yesterday).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-07-02, 03:08 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Yea. If I were you I'd get all of them..."
yah that's what I hear is that you have to eat food with no consistencey. No problems! That's cool that you are done though, how much did insurance cover etc? Price ranges?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-07-02, 03:12 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "yah that's what I hear is that you have..."
300 dollars was my portion, I believe. I had a root canal done this year and that was expensive.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-07-02, 03:15 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "300 dollars was my portion, I believe. ..."
That's not too shabby, is that including all the medications and everything? The insurance I have is actually fairly cheap for dental I think my copay is 50 for the visit+whatever additional fees that are in accordance with the procedude (meds).

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-07-02, 03:28 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "That's not too shabby, is that..."
Yea. We have a cap of like $2k a year. So I used all that from my root canal, lol. Well most of it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-07-02, 03:52 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Wisdom Teeth Removal"
Why did you take them out? I let those suckers grow in. Had to take a week off from work it hurt so bad. *thumps chest*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-07-02, 03:54 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Why did you take them out? I let those..."
I've put it off for forever and ended up having to get a root canal because it was hard to clean one of my wisdom teeth (it's laying horizontal). That wisdom tooth itself then started getting a cavity, so I decided to get all of them taken care of at once. I'd probably take a week off work too as an excuse if I were working ;P.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-07-03, 08:02 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I've put it off for forever and ended..."
The only downside is that you have to eat yogurt and water for those two weeks until your mouth ceases to be fat. Hopefully I won't have to get them removed, although there's a slight chance I will.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-07-03, 11:57 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Wisdom Teeth Removal"
According to a dentist that I encountered, people generally experience a lot more side effects after having their lower wisdom teeth pulled out than their upper. My face was swollen for a week after I had my horizontally inclined wisdom teeth pulled out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Babylon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBabylon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Babylon

Posted 2009-07-03, 07:08 PM in reply to Babylon's post starting "According to a dentist that I..."
Yea. My bottom two wisdom teeth were sideways. Bad news is, the steroids I'm on fucked up my thyroids again. My blood pressure shot up to 150/100 or so. Hopefully this will be enough to get my endocrinologist to stop dragging ass and nuke my thyroid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-07-03, 09:57 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Yea. My bottom two wisdom teeth were..."
I got a nice prescription of percocet and high powered ibuprofen for swelling. I just did a lot of salt water rinses and couldn't eat solid food for about 4 days, since I had one lower tooth coming in horizontally. Anyone get dry sockets?

Oh, on a side note, you do not want to be smoking budskis right after you get them taken it. It can take out the clots and possibly infect the area. That's why they don't want you to use straws to drink things.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2009-07-03, 11:29 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I got a nice prescription of percocet..."
You're not supposed to spit or suck, because it can take off your clots and give you dry socket. I had something similar to it for a little because bits of tea leaves got on my bone and it was incredibly painful, lol. So yea, don't do it!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-07-04, 11:28 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "You're not supposed to spit or suck,..."
U R SOPHOMORIC AND I CAN SEE THAT CUZ I RLY SMART AND WITTY. BUT I AM HUMBLE EVEN AFTER SAYING THAT BECAUSE I SAY SO AND AS I SAID IM REALLY SMART. Fuck you. I really don't know why you even visit anymore, you're obviously so great that no one is worthy of your VALUABLE time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-07-04, 01:34 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "U R SOPHOMORIC AND I CAN SEE THAT CUZ I..."
Hahahahahahaha.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia