Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post No blocking.
Posted 2003-10-29, 11:45 PM
Or is it just me.

D2 has lost its purpose to me.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-10-30, 01:47 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "No blocking."
Same. My gear's going on Ebay, and good riddance.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2003-10-30, 08:00 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "No blocking."
agreed. fuck 1.10 ... fuck blizzard. fuck bnet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mydogisyourdog

Posted 2003-10-30, 10:14 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "No blocking."
Heh, I wonder if they realize how much they jacked up the game. They added some items and stuff, but it's no good when you can't MF the bosses and/or kill half the monsters in Hell with ANY MF on... This is an odd topic for the PvP section. I wonder if we can get a move over to Diablo II General Chat?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2003-10-30, 11:42 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "No blocking."
I haven't actually tried 1.10 yet..
But does Blocking not work for PvP only? Or does it not work even for PvM?

Maybe it is a bug, and Blizzard will fix it sometime in the...future.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-10-30, 11:56 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "No blocking."
Blocking DOES work, this is taken from patch info word-for-word:

"Block lock' has been eliminated. When a player character has just
blocked an attack, the player cannot block again for a short period of
time, the length of which increases as Blocking speed increases."

They just made it suck. I would almost recommend shieldless for PvP now, BUT, no point considering they killed Life Leech in PvP. My pally leeched *4* life from my friend with 30% LL and 1k+ damage. No mana was leeched either.

PvP as ANYONE knows it is now shot. Your builds no longer work, and no real way of levelling fast enuff to re-tool.

Last edited by Vollstrecker; 2003-10-30 at 11:59 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2003-10-31, 12:34 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "No blocking."
But how much damage did you deal to your friend? I'm just curious, because Blizzard mentioned how they would change it to a 1/10 penalty in PvP...

Or is it mentioned in the patch.txt?

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-10-31, 01:25 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "No blocking."
Well... Min dmg was roughly 1k, so 1/10 of that would be 100, if I did min. I did this multiple times, they all came back with roughly same results. 100 dmg, he had full 50% DR, that would drop it to 50. 30% of 50 would still be 15 life, not 4. Max dmg was roughly 3k. So, I'm not sure how they jacked it up, but they did somehow. Pally doesn't use poison or anything like that either. All phys damage.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2003-11-01, 01:23 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "No blocking."
I think it makes d2 boring, my thought is they want everyone to quit diabloII buy wc3/ WoW when it comes out, and get off the server so they don't have to spend so much money maintaining it for a game they don't sell products for anymore (im atleast guessing not many people buy d2 anymore..)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Apoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenApoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Apoq

Posted 2003-11-01, 02:35 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "No blocking."
Damn. That sucks. I was hoping to get back into d2 with the release of this patch. If it's half as bad as you guys say it is then I don't think im going to play.

Twenty-eight days... six hours... forty-two minutes... twelve seconds. That, is when the world will end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zeal311

Posted 2003-11-01, 02:42 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "No blocking."
It's not that bad.... people complain about everything. Like they always wish dupe to come out, then all of sudden, it come out... and they talk much trash about it. It's fun, you should try to make fire ball sorc. In max I believe they can do 5000 damage per hit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-11-01, 05:28 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "No blocking."
The main problem with the patch in my opinion is that they're trying to force you back to the way it was in the beginning. They reversed the evolution of the game. Most people's path in Diablo was:
1.) Playing game normally.
2.) Dueling.
3.) Magic-Finding.
4.) A combination of 2&3 to further improve your characters.

The patch basically flipped our "Diablo-Knowledge" inside-out. Most of the basics have been changed. The people playing will pretty much follow the same evolutionary path, the good thing is, we get to actually play somewhat intellectually with the more difficult monsters. Downside is, it's definitely not newbie friendly.

The patch is good in some ways, and bad in others. I'm still actually playing at this time, I'm willing to give it a bit more time to tell whether I will retire from D2 or not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2003-11-02, 03:09 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "No blocking."
Blocking isnt bad... They just made it so you can block everything from a ww unless you got a very high block rate !

In pvp i can bing mostly anyone hp in hell to 1 in less then 10 sec after my attack. Plague jav = 12k-13k poison dmg over 12 sec ~.

If someone suck the problem is 10 inch in front of their screen.
The game was never meant so ppl would be god in hell. If you guyz cant stand it being difficult go back to tetris.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-02, 09:26 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "No blocking."
i agree

and PvP without leeching is nice aswell, now the player with the better char wins, not the one with more leech % :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-ice- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-ice- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-ice-

Posted 2003-11-02, 11:44 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "No blocking."
No leeching in duel ?
On that area i dont think it s good... My plague jav do over 12k dmg and poison over 16k... It s kinda hard even after the pvp dmg reduce and high resist to have more then 1 hp left if you aint a barb lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-02, 09:27 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "No blocking."
Wow that's leet

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-11-02, 10:58 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "No blocking."
Well, PvP was always trying to find the ideal balance between damage, Life Leech, and various other factors. That just screws over pallys. Now whoever has the most hit points vs. damage wins. It removes elements from dueling. The only classes that really benefit from this are sorcs and necros, as they don't need life leech. With no mana leech, zons are on the slide down and barbs are now the most useless PvP class. The elemental druid would pwn a barb now...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2003-11-07, 11:16 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "No blocking."
-ice- said:
i agree

and PvP without leeching is nice aswell, now the player with the better char wins, not the one with more leech % :P
There is leeching in duel.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-07, 11:17 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "No blocking."
At the start there was not.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-11-07, 11:30 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "No blocking."
Since 1.10 is out they didnt change anything else i would of downloaded a patch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja