Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

GLG's Guide to Bisexuality
Posted 2008-02-29, 06:28 AM
Upon request, a new thread has been made to deal with the growing number of posts that discuss bisexuality, and any sexuality in general:

GLG said:
We should ... make a new thread about Bisexuality, or Sexuality in general.
To begin, let's have a look at the current viewpoints of other members.

First of all, a Mr. D3V, with his straight to the point:

Mr. D3V said:
There is NO SUCH THING AS BISEXUAL

Men like Women is straight.

Men like Men and Women is still gay.
Damning stuff, don't you think? It was followed by a much more in-depth explanation, shedding light on Mr. D3V's hidden life as a Professor:

Prof. D3V said:
Bisexual means that you also like the same gender, Correct? Bisexual means that you are willing to go away from what your body and mind were created for, evolved into to go against the grain for a same sex relationship. Which would in turn make you gay. In my reasoning I feel that if you are willing to go gay then you are obviously gay, and Bisexual shouldn't even be a used term. Bisexual obviously means that you like both, but I don't feel that the concious ever truly is that, maybe on a small, very small occasion this would hold true.

But look at KJ, our own member claimed he was BI at first, and then eventually threw that completely out the window and went straight into Richard Simmon's LPGA tournament.

Many may disagree with this little theory, but I do feel that if you are willing to call yourself bisexual, then you don't like both, but that of the same sex. Because if you liked what you are instinctively designed to be attracted to, then you wouldn't be Bisexual to begin with. That's why I feel that it's stupid.
Some money was needlessly tossed into that hat with this statement from our very own acrobatic mammal:

Jumping Hamster said:
You know, every species (mostly mammals) show homosexuality. And there are alot of them that have sex with same sex and opposite sex in the same day. It is very common, and very natural.

thats just my 2 cents.
A brief statement by KagomJack was the last viewpoint to be made known, and from this, the discussion will continue.

Jack, Kagom said:
Bisexuality is real. But you knew that.
Discuss.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-02-29, 06:50 AM in reply to Lenny's post "GLG's Guide to Bisexuality"
lol you're good for a laugh every now and then. Nice thread.

My viewpoints:

Why are we suddenly discussing this? Gay stuff is icky.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-02-29, 07:13 AM in reply to Lenny's post "GLG's Guide to Bisexuality"
Oh! It's my guide is it?

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-29, 11:17 AM in reply to Lenny's post "GLG's Guide to Bisexuality"
Bisexuality is something that DOES very much exist. A lot of guys I know are bisexual and like getting with either a guy or a girl or both on occasion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-02-29, 01:10 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Bisexuality is something that DOES very..."
Bisexuality is gay.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-02-29, 02:44 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Bisexuality is gay."
No, bisexuality is bisexuality. Gay is gay. Straight is straight.

Fun Fact: I'm actually not a fan of bisexuals.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-02-29, 03:11 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "No, bisexuality is bisexuality. Gay is..."
why not? people are who they are, and i have alot of respect for bisexuals to say that they can love someone for who they are and it doesnt matter if they are male or female because something like that doesn't make a difference. bisexuals are more for love then sex, they dont care about the parts just the people.

just because you don't understand it doesn't make it stupid or nonexistant. so stop being so damn ignorant and learn to accept that yea, you may find it wierd but its out there, and you are going to have to deal with it.
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2008-02-29, 03:25 PM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "why not? people are who they are, and..."
If someone whats to make love to a girl but then to a guy it is ok with me. as long as it is guy to girl then guy to someone other then me. Or Girl to me and girl to girl with me in the corner watching.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-02-29, 04:38 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "If someone whats to make love to a girl..."
Haha.

Calling bisexuals gay is like calling straights homosexuals. Or a pineapple a peach.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-29, 04:45 PM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "why not? people are who they are, and..."
talentedhamster said:
bisexuals are more for love then sex
A recent study showed that bisexual females have an increased sex drive, actually. To quote:

Quote:
... for most women, high sex drive is associated with increased sexual attraction to both men and women. For men, however, high sex drive is associated with increased sexual attraction to only one sex or the other, depending on the individual's sexual orientation. These results suggest that the correlates of sex drive and the organization of sexual orientation are different for women and men.
Source:
Richard A. Lippa (2006)
Is High Sex Drive Associated With Increased Sexual Attraction to Both Sexes?. It Depends on Whether You Are Male or Female. Psychological Science 17 (1), 46-52.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-02-29, 04:51 PM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "why not? people are who they are, and..."
It's a personal thing. Bisexual guys I've dated were more obsessed with getting their cocks warmed than with anything else. It actually fucked up one of my relationships something bad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2008-02-29, 06:13 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "It's a personal thing. Bisexual guys..."
Not only do I believe bisexuality is real, but I believe everyone is bisexual to some degree. I would say I'm slightly bisexual, since I can look at two guys and tell you which one is hotter.

Nature shows bisexuality to be almost the norm, but society probably forces MOST people to pick one side or the other.

I don't claim to be bisexual, I claim to be straight, but I think "straight" and "gay" are just the two ends of the bisexuality spectrum.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-02-29, 06:15 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "A recent study showed that bisexual..."
nevermind. i quit. my ideas are mine, and yours are yours i'm not going to try to change that, but i defffff agree with KA.
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2008-02-29, 06:21 PM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "nevermind. i quit. my ideas are mine,..."
Oh, and just because I know a lot of people are gonna say "ewwww, I'm not bisexual, I don't find guys/girls attractive at all", know that by saying that, you're just proving that society has forced you to the side you're on. I can almost guarantee you, if we weren't raised to be "straight", almost everyone would have bisexual tendencies. We're socialized to be "straight", however.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-02-29, 07:04 PM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "nevermind. i quit. my ideas are mine,..."
I do hope you realize that I don't blindly hate bisexual people. As friends, they're good, I just can't handle a bisexual lover for fear of being hurt again like in the past.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2008-03-01, 05:47 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I do hope you realize that I don't..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Oh, and just because I know a lot of people are gonna say "ewwww, I'm not bisexual, I don't find guys/girls attractive at all", know that by saying that, you're just proving that society has forced you to the side you're on. I can almost guarantee you, if we weren't raised to be "straight", almost everyone would have bisexual tendencies. We're socialized to be "straight", however.
You make a really good fight there. Society does push for people to be straight. The republican party for instanse, tries to prevent such things as marrage between two who are the same sex. To tell people that you are only normal if you are with the opposite sex.

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-03-01, 12:46 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Oh, and just because I know a lot of..."
!King_Amazon! said:
It is possible for someone to not have any sexual attraction to a certain gender/race/type of people but still objectively say which is "hotter," just like it is possible to say which scenic view is more beautiful. Introspectively, I can honestly say that I don't feel any sexual attraction to men. You may be completely right. It may be something that is programmed into me by society. But you may also be completely wrong. My observations from introspection would suggest you are wrong, however. These are something I can not prove, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-01, 02:16 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "It is possible for someone to not have..."
I agree that society is forcing us to be "straight". What is so wrong about two men (or woman) loving each other? If you were to walk around my school you would hear many a girl telling another that they love them or they think they look really hot today. There is nothing wrong with it.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-03-02, 09:02 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I agree that society is forcing us to..."
exactly, knowing that someone is attractive doesn't have anything to do with your sexuality.

though, back to society, it has made it awkward if a guy was to be like "hey joe, does my butt look hot in these pants?". that means theres something "up" with that guy, and thats wierd. yet me and my friends are in the locker room with no pants or shirts on at all and we're like "omg your butt got alot bigger" and thats no problem. complete double standard
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

talentedhamster

Posted 2008-03-02, 09:36 AM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "exactly, knowing that someone is..."
talentedhamster said:
exactly, knowing that someone is attractive doesn't have anything to do with your sexuality.

though, back to society, it has made it awkward if a guy was to be like "hey joe, does my butt look hot in these pants?". that means theres something "up" with that guy, and thats wierd. yet me and my friends are in the locker room with no pants or shirts on at all and we're like "omg your butt got alot bigger" and thats no problem. complete double standard
That is awkwardly true.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy