Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

recommended pc games
Posted 2009-05-16, 11:09 AM
yeah i know there's a game forum here but hahahaha suck on this wet wired

anyway, here's the story. i hate all console games except super smash bros. because it basically plays like a sega genesis game only with better graphics, and 2d games were the best games because they were simple. so (for this and other reasons you can be SURE as hell i'll make you fuckers read about) i only play PC games. except nowadays you have all these game developer assholes who think you should spend time learning THEIR game inside out (as if i don't have way more important things to worry about other than memorizing your stupid maps or figuring out your puzzles or your experience system or whatever). also, i'm not 8 years old anymore, i don't feel a sense of accomplishment by mastering a game anymore because none of my friends or anyone my age will give a shit about something as trivial as that.

games based on any john carmack engine are my favorites because i don't know what he does but it seems like he almost programs anti-bullshit measures into his engines to keep people from using it to make RPGs or whatever other bullshit you faggot kids like to "play" these days. basically almost all games on an id Tech engine are great somehow. also i would like to point out that carmack wrote all his engines in C but all the other babbies he was forced to work with cried because they can somehow not picture programming concepts in their minds if they are not objects (they probably had too many toys as children and were taught about singular monolithic entities such as God and Santa way too much) so they eventually convinced him to write Doom 3 in C++ (against his will but he did it anyway to satisfy the plebians)

anyway the point is that i'm bored as fuck and i need a new game to play. i like FPS's mainly, some RTS (not anything made by blizzard, my eyes are basically assaulted by colors in every recent game they've made), and the only RPG worthy of my time was Diablo 2. and thats only because all those trojans i wrote to steal accounts made me some money.

further the game must be easy to play. and easy to pirate. i don't want none of this Steam bullshit. and i'm sure as fuck not buying games because i have 20 thousand dollars in legal fees from this butthurt state. also i cannot leave my house to buy them. and i'm not buying them on newegg because hahaha newegg ROCKS!!

here's a list of games i liked at one point or another:
doom 3
quake 4 (fuck yeah)
dead space (fuck yeah)
kinda liked cryostasis
crysis (the first half was BORING)
max payne 1 and 2

here's a list of games i hate:

half life 2 (boring as fuck)
x-men wolverine (plays like a console game, ugh)
anything call of duty
anything battlefield xxx
any realistic war game (i like sci-fi shit)
any of those FPS's with RPG elements (vomit)
^ ^ ^ except dead space that ruled
everything else

so now which game would you suckas recommend i hit up on mininova next?

Last edited by Mantralord; 2009-05-16 at 11:12 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2009-05-16, 12:05 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "recommended pc games"
There aren't many good sci-fi shooters around (or sci-fi themed games, for that matter). Here are a few that come to mind, anyway:

UT99 / Unreal 1 (Probably too aged)
Alien Versus Predator 2 (Also kind of aged)
Gears of War (Never played it, but even the PC version has pretty good reviews)
Prey (GameSpot recommends this)
TimeShift (And this)
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Et tu, ludus)
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Serious Sam

If desperation eventually renders you willing to accept a few RPG elements, you will most likely enjoy:

Deus Ex
System Shock 2

---

Out of all the games listed so far, the Max Payne series and Deus Ex are my favorites. Did you enjoy any of the old-school SNES games, such as Chrono Trigger or Super Metroid? If so, I think there is a pretty good chance you've just been unfortunate to play the wrong, generic, post-2000 RPGs based on the Final Fantasy template. Not that I know what the "right" ones are. Possibly Mass Effect and Fallout 3, although I prefer the original Fallout games to the latter.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2009-05-16 at 12:10 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2009-05-16, 12:17 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "There aren't many good sci-fi shooters..."
this is what i thought, there's a severe lack of good sci-fi fps

oh yeah and i liked prey, i forgot about that one

star trek elite force 1 and 2 were the shit also
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2009-05-16, 01:32 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "this is what i thought, there's a..."
natural selection half-life 1 mod. Fun shit .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-05-16, 01:59 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "natural selection half-life 1 mod. Fun..."
Fallout 3
F.E.A.R and F.E.A.R 2
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-05-16, 02:21 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Fallout 3 F.E.A.R and F.E.A.R 2"
Too much FPS in this here thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-05-16, 03:17 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Too much FPS in this here thread."
Too much gayness posted by K_A in this thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-05-17, 12:18 AM in reply to Mantralord's post "recommended pc games"
Was going to recommend elite force, but you beat me to it.

For an Action/RTS hybrid, try Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising.
Freeze-time planning from the war-room
Realtime command from the field
Hotseat any vehicle when you need the job done just so.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2009-05-17, 01:32 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Was going to recommend elite force, but..."
what about simulators ...... they can have a funny twist to them
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2009-05-17, 02:32 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "what about simulators ...... they can..."
My game was almost mentioned:
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (The squeal to Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast II)

Both Wallow and I found mac and PC torrents for that that worked almost instantly. Better yet, you don't need a registration key to play online
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2009-05-18, 05:30 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "My game was almost mentioned: Jedi..."
FPS: Painkiller
RTS: Dune
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-18, 05:36 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "FPS: Painkiller RTS: Dune"
Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
RTS: Dune

The original or the sequel by Westwood?
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2009-05-18, 06:14 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "The original or the sequel by Westwood?"
painkiller sounds awesome

also i think i just figured out an equation for why people play world of warcraft

if x = the reason people play world of warcraft, and y = the reason people use twitter, x = y. i just know this has to be true, i have a feeling that somehow the same social reasons are at the source of them

so basically i could try to figure out why people use twitter, and i would know why people play world of warcraft. also if anyone is wondering why people use twitter but you already know why people play world of warcraft, you already have your answer. you're welcome you jerks

would someone figure that out for me and post the answer
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2009-05-18, 07:37 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "painkiller sounds awesome also i..."
whats twitter?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-19, 08:47 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "painkiller sounds awesome also i..."
Oh dear god you've ruined WoW for me! D:

...No, you haven't actually...

Onwards to da gaming!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-05-19, 08:59 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Oh dear god you've ruined WoW for me!..."
I played Painkiller like... 6 years ago
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-