Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Skurai Filter
Posted 2009-10-14, 07:39 AM
This suggestion is comparable to that of a spam filter. There should be an option implemented that would allow the creator of a thread the option to not allow certain members in the thread to stop any derailment of discussion. The Skurai Filter would work efficiently, and should only be allowed in areas where real discussions are to take place.

I can list examples if needed.

/discuss.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-10-14, 08:16 AM in reply to D3V's post "Skurai Filter"
Motion seconded.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2009-10-14, 08:22 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Motion seconded."
I'd rather it be give the owner of a thread the option to remove posts from their thread, instead of just outright denying the posts. Otherwise, you're not even giving the person a chance to post productively.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-10-14, 08:46 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'd rather it be give the owner of a..."
In his example, he has over 1,000 posts and none of which have been productive. I like denying access all together. Censorship ftw.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-10-14, 09:12 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "In his example, he has over 1,000 posts..."
I've deleted some of his posts in semi-serious threads before. Notify me if he has de-railed a decent topic of discussion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2009-10-14, 08:28 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'd rather it be give the owner of a..."
Honestly, I like this idea. Mostly because it's named after me.

!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I'd rather it be give the owner of a thread the option to remove posts from their thread, instead of just outright denying the posts. Otherwise, you're not even giving the person a chance to post productively.
Honestly I'd thought I was getting better with staying on topic at least, or with at least keeping the conversation going. But, if not, then... shoot. But K_A is right, everyone needs a chance.
Maybe the Filter could only be used after a poster posts in the thread, and judging by that post you can decide to filter it or not.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-15, 09:27 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Honestly, I like this idea. Mostly..."
Like a YouTube type system? We could have Thumbs up and Thumbs Down for each post and if one post is able to get 5 tumbs down then the post will be marked for deletion and the moderators would have to approve?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-10-15, 05:47 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Like a YouTube type system? We could..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Like a YouTube type system? We could have Thumbs up and Thumbs Down for each post and if one post is able to get 5 tumbs down then the post will be marked for deletion and the moderators would have to approve?
Well, I guess so...
But really, the whole down thumbs get deleted... I dunno... I mean, alot of the time, fail posts keep the thread going, y'know? Without fail, it's hard to tell what win is, yeah?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-18, 11:31 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'd rather it be give the owner of a..."

I agree with this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-10-18, 03:38 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I agree with this."
Jessifer said: [Goto]
I agree with this.
This could be easy to code.
An example might look like:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeMdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Mdselctr

Posted 2009-10-19, 08:49 AM in reply to Mdselctr's post starting "This could be easy to code. An example..."
Exactly like that would be fine.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-10-19, 09:42 AM in reply to Mdselctr's post starting "This could be easy to code. An example..."
+1 for Jess. /cheer?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-10-19, 04:25 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Exactly like that would be fine."
Yeah, I agree. Though, it's not very original.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-21, 07:18 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Yeah, I agree. Though, it's not very..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
Yeah, I agree. Though, it's not very original.
It works though
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Arbitus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenArbitus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Arbitus

Posted 2009-10-22, 08:56 AM in reply to Arbitus's post starting "It works though"
"You Decide" a famous fox news slogan.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-10-22, 09:18 AM in reply to D3V's post starting ""You Decide" a famous fox news..."
Well, either way.
I honestly can't wait for it, myself. Not sure why, though...
This will affect all threads, right? Or will it be an optional thing?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-22, 09:51 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Well, either way. I honestly can't..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
Well, either way.
I honestly can't wait for it, myself. Not sure why, though...
This will affect all threads, right? Or will it be an optional thing?
lol? You think it will actually happen, ever?

Who's gonna do it? Seen WW or Chruser around lately?

Don't worry scrub. You're safe until Thanatos finally gets rid of you, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-10-22, 10:06 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "lol? You think it will actually..."
Thanatos doesn't do shit either, that lazy bitch doesn't hardly ever post here anymore. He won't even argue with me for more than one line in the sports forum and that's all I can get out of him.

We need to De-mod all of the staff and make this a userbased run forum, like it should've been from the beginning.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-10-22, 10:35 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "lol? You think it will actually..."
lol? You think it will actually happen, ever?

Who's gonna do it? Seen WW or Chruser around lately?
So, what exactly was the point of this topic? To show that I've become annoying to the point of filtering, or, what?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-22, 10:37 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "So, what exactly was the point of this..."
It's just an idea where users can essentially decide if they want to censor another member.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V